“Average restaurant” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #41 of 138 Restaurants in Legian
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: TAKE, bamboo in Japanese, is Rama Restaurants Bali’s first authentic Japanese restaurant which opened in 1999. Bamboo reflects the philosophy behind our undertakings. This sturdy plant is beautiful, flexible and strong at the same time. Take’s interior and furniture is mostly made of bamboo. Its beauty is visible in the presentation of our extensive Japanese dishes. Your choice of sashimi, sushi, live seafood, soup, salad, robatayaki, hot and cold noodle, don buri all prepared to ensure authenticity, under the supervision of Mr Okamoto with his strong background and experience in Japanese cuisine. We carefully select our imported Japanese ingredients while using the best local produce for vegetables and live seafood. Sake, sochu, wine, and Japanese beer are available to compliment your meals.
Hong Kong, China
“Average restaurant”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

Very busy on sat night, food was average, no tea served unless you paid, I ordered ramen but came without a spoon and it took several requests before getting one. The most "authentic" thing was the greeting of welcome and thank you in Japanese...

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
RamaRestaurantsBali, Marcomm at Take I Japanese Restaurant, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your dining experience with us. We will look into the matter of not getting a spoon with your order of Ramen. Your comments will help us better our services and avoid future guests disappointments.

• Indonesian first
“Fresh, delicious and pressured”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

As long time Take II patrons, it was a natural decision to go to Take I for dinner. The food was fresh and well presented as always. Management have obviously taken the previous "pixie" comment onboard as our experience was completely opposite. Apart from our appetizers arriving after the main, (and after we asked about it,) we were closely scrutinised constantly by the wait staff. The table was cleared four times before I finished eating, and twice staff tried to take my plate before I finished. The second time I gave up and let the plates and spoon go before eating the appetizer(last). All things considered, what should have been a relaxing dinner felt more like a performance assessed against the clock, and with an unblinking rivetted audience. Surely there is room for a happy medium of staff DISCREETLY observing diners, and only removing dishes when the last person has finished eating?

Visited September 2013
RamaRestaurantsBali, Marcomm at Take I Japanese Restaurant, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

What can I say...the staff are now overzealous in trying to do the right thing. Again our apology for this 'over the rail' service. Rest assured we will try until we get the right balance of professional service. Discreet but attentive. Thank you for keeping your humor about all this. Luckily you did enjoy the meal. We hope to see you again on your next visit to Bali.

Sydney, Australia
“Rudest servers I've ever dealt with!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

I would not recommend this restaurant at all! I have never dealt with such rude servers. I placed an order of 5 rolls of sushi. The server told me it might be too much but I reassured her it was fine. She then proceeded to go up to another server, show her my order, point back at me then both started to laugh. I felt as though that was totally unnecessary and rude. Never have I had that happen at a restaurant.

The food it's self was quite lacklustre. The shrimp tempura was so bland, as was the dipping sauce for it. The sushi rolls were subpar. I was really expecting a lot more and was quite disappointed.

Overall I would say your better off taking your money elsewhere.

• Visited August 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
RamaRestaurantsBali, Marcomm at Take I Japanese Restaurant, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us, even though it was not enjoyable. We will surely take it up with the manager there. And check as to why it happened at all. Service is one of the most important point in our industry.

Warmest regards from Rama Restaurants Bali. All about Food, Fun and Passion
Sydney, Australia
“Very authentic”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

This is a very authentic Japanese restaurant offering a bewildering array of sushi dishes and other japanese cuisine. The staff were helpful and able to provide useful advice on meal options. If you like Japanese food, then this place should be top of your list when visiting Bali.

Visited August 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

This restaurant is actually the first authentic Japanese resto in Bali. The interior is made to resemble a small eatery in a fishing village. And the cuisine sticking to its original recipe. We're glad to know that you enjoyed the delights of our sushi and sashimi dishes. We are looking forward to your next visit here.

Warm regards from Rama Restaurants Bali. All about Food, Fun and Passion.
“Excellent.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

I really love japanese food, because its light and yummy. Ive known this restaurant for years. The last time i went to Take was about 1 or 2 years ago. The place was abit small. I was suprised when i came there today. It was renovated , so now the place is quite big and the atmosphere really nice. The food was also excellent.

We ordered salmon skin roll, chawanmushi and tempura for the appetiser. It was really good and delicious,but the salmon skin roll came out late. I ordered chicken katsu curry for the main course. It was in a big portion and also yummy. My parents ordered chicken teriyaki and tonkatsu something. I forgot the name.
The teriyaki chicken was really delicious! I love it. But i couldn't take much from my dad because then he'll be angry. Lol

The service was quite good and the staff is friendly. They also give you free wifi. The atmosphere was quite good too.

So, i would recommend you this japanese restaurant! I could say that this is one of the best japanese restaurant in Bali.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
RamaRestaurantsBali, Marcomm at Take I Japanese Restaurant, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

It's a happy feeling when we read that guests came away satisfied after dining here. I will surely show your comments to the Chefs. They've done a really great job. We're renovated to accommodate more of our loyal diners. Glad you noticed that. See you and your family on your next vacation in Bali.