“So yummy!” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #41 of 138 Restaurants in Legian
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: TAKE, bamboo in Japanese, is Rama Restaurants Bali’s first authentic Japanese restaurant which opened in 1999. Bamboo reflects the philosophy behind our undertakings. This sturdy plant is beautiful, flexible and strong at the same time. Take’s interior and furniture is mostly made of bamboo. Its beauty is visible in the presentation of our extensive Japanese dishes. Your choice of sashimi, sushi, live seafood, soup, salad, robatayaki, hot and cold noodle, don buri all prepared to ensure authenticity, under the supervision of Mr Okamoto with his strong background and experience in Japanese cuisine. We carefully select our imported Japanese ingredients while using the best local produce for vegetables and live seafood. Sake, sochu, wine, and Japanese beer are available to compliment your meals.
Brisbane, Australia
“So yummy!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

I eat tepanyaki all over the world and this place is probably the best value I've ever had. Compared to Australia, you can feed a family of four here for the same price as one at somewhere like Kabuki in Brisbane. The food is great and the staff (whilst sometimes off with the pixies) are very helpful and obliging. Check it out - been here about 4 or 5 times and it's awesome.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
RamaRestaurantsBali, Marcomm at Take I Japanese Restaurant, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

We are happy to read that you have enjoyed your meals here. Our Teppanyaki counter is a great draw for diners. I will share your comment with the Chef and staff. They'll be happy to know of a job well done (well, almost anyway). We'll see to it that the staff won't be off with the pixies again. Thank you for writing in.

• Indonesian first
Perth
“Great fun and food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

We have visited Take 2 on a number of occasions but as number 2 is closed we visited Take 1 this trip. Great fun.
We always request to be seated around the grill and our large family group were not disappointed. The theatrics of the chef and the opportunity to attempt some of these had the 15 - 22 year olds thoroughly enthralled (they didn't even ask for wifi!). The food is fresh, tasty and abundant. The staff are helpful, courteous and friendly.
Definitely worth the visit.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
RamaRestaurantsBali, Marcomm at Take I Japanese Restaurant, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

One of the most wonderful thing to read is that of a family enjoying their dining experience. Yes, the Teppanyaki dinner is a wonderful thing to see. And we use only fresh ingredients to serve quality food. Thank you for sharing your joy with us. I will pass on this message to Chefs and staff.

Denpasar, Indonesia
“Worth to eat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

I am a residence of Bali and I went to Take quite often and to be honest this is one of my favorite restaurant, I just visited again last night dinner with friends. This restaurant provide the best Japanese food in town the critic was you need a bigger space to accommodate your customer by then we also feel comfortable, other thing you need to improve your service it was to long waiting for my order last night.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
RamaRestaurantsBali, Marcomm at Take I Japanese Restaurant, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Marvelous but quite impossible at this time to expand our restaurant. We'd love to be able to accommodate more of our loyal diners. What we can do is look into your pointing out of 'slow service'. I will get in touch with the manager about this. Thank you for writing in and sharing your views. We hope to see you many more times here.

Warmest regards from Rama Restaurants Bali. All about Food, Fun and Passion.
“Worth a visit but don't base your trip around it”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

As Japanese restaurants go I would equate this with an every day eating place. Everything was fresh but too much sweet mayonnaise for my liking and the servings were not as refined and as well presented as I would have liked.

Was happy with the service until they changed their mind about what was a smoking area and a non smoking area. We wanted to sit in front of the chefs but were told that was the smoking area and the second floor was non- smoking. All was good for a while them someone started smoking and when we asked the waitress she told us it was smoking. Unfortunately all we got was embarrassed smiles but no apology which made for a disappointing end to a good night.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
RamaRestaurantsBali, Marcomm at Take I Japanese Restaurant, responded to this review, July 28, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

We apologize for the let down in your dining experience here. And will see to it that the non-smoking and smoking area be cleared up. Thank you for writing in so that we may correct our weak spots.

Warm regards from Rama Restaurants Bali. All about Food, Fun and Passion.
Bali, Indonesia
“pricey but worth for their super delicious foods!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

i love japanese food so much. and by this far i usually go to the same restaurant which i love most, somehow came to mind that i have to go to this restaurant. man! i never regret that decision. finally find my new favorite!
okay, we spent like IDR 400k for 3 kinds of sushi dishes and 1 chicken curry. 2 fresh juice for the drinks. which is for me, its quite too much! i usually spent like IDR 200k for that much dishes in other japanese rest. but still i dont regret a thing!

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
RamaRestaurantsBali, Marcomm at Take I Japanese Restaurant, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

A great big thank you for writing in and sharing your dining experience here. We use only the freshest of ingredients to guarantee top quality food. So glad you enjoyed the food here. We are looking forward to having you back on your next vacation.

Warm regards from Rama Restaurants Bali. All about Food, Fun and Passion.