“Worth to eat” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #33 of 117 restaurants in Legian
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: TAKE, bamboo in Japanese, is Rama Restaurants Bali’s first authentic Japanese restaurant which opened in 1999. Bamboo reflects the philosophy behind our undertakings. This sturdy plant is beautiful, flexible and strong at the same time. Take’s interior and furniture is mostly made of bamboo. Its beauty is visible in the presentation of our extensive Japanese dishes. Your choice of sashimi, sushi, live seafood, soup, salad, robatayaki, hot and cold noodle, don buri all prepared to ensure authenticity, under the supervision of Mr Okamoto with his strong background and experience in Japanese cuisine. We carefully select our imported Japanese ingredients while using the best local produce for vegetables and live seafood. Sake, sochu, wine, and Japanese beer are available to compliment your meals.
Denpasar, Indonesia
“Worth to eat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

I am a residence of Bali and I went to Take quite often and to be honest this is one of my favorite restaurant, I just visited again last night dinner with friends. This restaurant provide the best Japanese food in town the critic was you need a bigger space to accommodate your customer by then we also feel comfortable, other thing you need to improve your service it was to long waiting for my order last night.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
RamaRestaurantsBali, Marcomm at Take I Japanese Restaurant, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Marvelous but quite impossible at this time to expand our restaurant. We'd love to be able to accommodate more of our loyal diners. What we can do is look into your pointing out of 'slow service'. I will get in touch with the manager about this. Thank you for writing in and sharing your views. We hope to see you many more times here.

Warmest regards from Rama Restaurants Bali. All about Food, Fun and Passion.

85% Recommend
  • Indonesian first
“Worth a visit but don't base your trip around it”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

As Japanese restaurants go I would equate this with an every day eating place. Everything was fresh but too much sweet mayonnaise for my liking and the servings were not as refined and as well presented as I would have liked.

Was happy with the service until they changed their mind about what was a smoking area and a non smoking area. We wanted to sit in front of the chefs but were told that was the smoking area and the second floor was non- smoking. All was good for a while them someone started smoking and when we asked the waitress she told us it was smoking. Unfortunately all we got was embarrassed smiles but no apology which made for a disappointing end to a good night.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
RamaRestaurantsBali, Marcomm at Take I Japanese Restaurant, responded to this review, July 28, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

We apologize for the let down in your dining experience here. And will see to it that the non-smoking and smoking area be cleared up. Thank you for writing in so that we may correct our weak spots.

Bali, Indonesia
“pricey but worth for their super delicious foods!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

i love japanese food so much. and by this far i usually go to the same restaurant which i love most, somehow came to mind that i have to go to this restaurant. man! i never regret that decision. finally find my new favorite!
okay, we spent like IDR 400k for 3 kinds of sushi dishes and 1 chicken curry. 2 fresh juice for the drinks. which is for me, its quite too much! i usually spent like IDR 200k for that much dishes in other japanese rest. but still i dont regret a thing!

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
RamaRestaurantsBali, Marcomm at Take I Japanese Restaurant, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

A great big thank you for writing in and sharing your dining experience here. We use only the freshest of ingredients to guarantee top quality food. So glad you enjoyed the food here. We are looking forward to having you back on your next vacation.

Warm regards from Rama Restaurants Bali. All about Food, Fun and Passion.
“Oishiiii. Best Japanese restaurant in bali. ...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

Myself and my partner who lived in japan for 8 years. Have eaten at many Japanese restaurants across bali. And the world for that matter. Outside of Japan this is the most authentic and best tasting you will find. From the freshest of seafood to the best gyoza. Arigatou...

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
RamaRestaurantsBali, Marcomm at Take I Japanese Restaurant, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

We really appreciate your writing in and telling us of your experience dining here. The Chefs and Staff will be pleased to know of your positive appraisal. We have done what we set out to do: create a Japanese dining experience in Bali. We are looking forward to your next visit.

Zermatt, Switzerland
“The best Japanese Restaurant Ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Take is now even better this year with an extention and more live fish tanks at the front. An amazing selection of great quality fresh delicious food.

Visited May 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

A very big Thank You for coming back to dine here. Additional live fish tanks is just one way to pamper our guests with more quality options. We hope to see you on your next vacation in Bali.

Warmest regards from Rama Restaurants Bali. All about Food, Fun and Passion.