“Perfect stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 38 Legian B&B and Inns
Oosterwolde, The Netherlands
“Perfect stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

It is a good hotel. The location is near the action and still you can easely walk to the beach. The room are big with all you need. The staff is very friendly and correct and always willing to help you. The breakfast is ok. The swimmingpool a bit small.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Indonesian first
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

I booked a 2 night stay at the Sidoi Hotel in Kuta based on the warm reviews on Trip Advisor. But, be aware that there are actually TWO Sidoi hotels in Kuta: one on JL Benasari, and one on JL Legian a few blocks north. I thought I was booking the one on JL Legian, but ended up in the one on Benesari instead (not sure if this was my mistake or if the Legian hotel didn't have availability.) Which wouldn't have been an issue except for the fact that: A. JL Benesari is Extremely noisy until all hours of the night, and B. My room faced the street.

Fortunately, Didi and his kind, courteous staff went overboard to help resolve the issue, having me try a couple of different rooms before putting me in a second floor room in back, without an exposed balcony. Which would have been more than enough for me, but then Didi informed me that while I had booked a "Deluxe" room, my new room was only "Superior", so he made up the difference in cost by offering me free breakfast (which I had originally declined), AND by giving me a big discount on the cost of the driver I'd booked to go to Uluwatu. Way over and above the call of service, and because of that, I will gladly stay with Didi and Sidoi my next trip to Kuta (though I might still opt for the Legian location next time :)

Room Tip: Definitely ask for a room not facing the street if you're a light sleeper!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Berkeley, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

I made a reservation at Sidoi Hotel based on the glowing reviews, but fell very ill and had to fly out of Bali before I made my way to Legian. The staff at Sidoi Hotel were unbelievably understanding when I informed them of my situation. In fact, they were more concerned about my health than anything else and offered me a full refund. I cannot speak highly enough of the staff at Sidoi Hotel and will definitely be staying with them next time I come to Bali!

Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Sao Paulo, SP
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

We enjoyed so much our stay at Si Doi Legian we extended it.
The staff is very helpfull, people always had a smile on therir faces. The room is super clean, large and well furnished. Internet is fast, breakfast is excellent.
Although on a busy location, between Kuta and Legian, it's really quiet and you get a comfortable night of sleep.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed for a few nights here. Rooms are large, clean and serviced daily. We had some of the best nights sleep we've had in Bali due to the very comfortable beds. Air con in rooms very good.

The pool area is divine. Its so tranquil that you'd forget Legian st is just 100m away. The grounds are kept in pristine order and you could laze around for days here.

The staff are very helpful and accomodating!

Only negative would be we were in a room without a window. It was still a great room, but in future id request one with a window. This said, we paid for a standard room.

Overall we had a wonderful and relaxing stay. We would most definately stay again.

• Stayed February 2014
Coogee WA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

This Hotel is not new but if you want clean and affordable accommodation then you really can't go past the Sidoi. It is situated on a busy intersection but once you go into the rooms & pool area it is quite & peaceful. The pool is only small but big enough to get cool. The rooms are clean, the bed comfortable, the Restaurant was very good the Ribs were the best. They are doing renovations and the only complaint from me would be the lack of hand rails around the place and no shower curtain and no cupboard for your toiletries.
But overall it was a very pleasant stay, the staff were great very helpful and as I said before very very affordable.r

Room Tip: We had a ground floor room as my husband walks with sticks and it was big, & very clean everythi...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Bali, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

How many times have you said to yourself; “I want an affordable luxury for my holiday”? This hotel may not be as good as 5-star hotels, but it is the most worth-spending hotel for its level. The location is very smart. By smart, I mean anything you need is only a few steps away from where you stand. The beach, pubs, nightclubs, shops, fancy and local restaurants, traditional market, and even a 24-hour medical center – they all are accessible to walk in less than 15 minutes. You will not be afraid to miss any of the holiday spirits.

Straight away after I checked in, the staff waltzed me to the separate building to show my room. I was completely hooked when I noticed a cozy swimming pool hidden on a vast land of garden behind the building. And all of the sudden, the sound of traffic and the crowd on the main street of Legian went off. It felt me like I was switching a button to change my surrounding. A minute before everything was super loud, and the next minute everything turned into dead silence. It is amazing how they manage to set up the hotel like this.

I stepped up to the second floor to meet my Superior Room. There was a balcony with chairs facing at the swimming pool and garden. This is a perfect spot to gather around with your friends or loved ones. I could picture myself spending times making light or deep conversation with my friends under the twinkling stars. It is like they created this spot to make people want to spend hours in the balcony before go to bed.

As I opened the door, a living room greeted me complete with comfy sofas. A flat screen cable TV was also available for me to watch interesting and well informative programs. Another door next to the living room was the bedroom. This spacious room and huge bed was awaiting me to end the day.

Each and every facility in the room was completed with amenities that will make you feel cozy and give you the exact “feel like home” experience. Their super speed wifi internet access service was expecting me to stay in touch with jobs or family and friends. Coffee and tea making facilities, a mini fridge to store small day meals and accessible bathroom amenities that will prolong the day’s relaxation and coziness were available all in one room.

Overall, staying at Si Doi Legian Hotel was a smart move for me. It was a wisest decision to save some cash during holiday. The room rate was very affordable, while what I got was beyond my expectation. It was definitely worth another stay!

Room Tip: Try the Superior Room. It has a perfect spot for hanging out with friends
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Si Doi Hotel? Share your experiences!