“Love this place :)” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #40 of 138 Restaurants in Legian
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Description: For dining in, ordering a takeaway or having a meal delivered, LemonGrass in Jalan Melasti, Legian, is the place for generous portions of individually prepared mouthwatering Thai food at very reasonable prices. Winner 4 years running in the people’s vote organized by the prestigious magazine Hello Bali, a visit to the Island of the Gods is incomplete without dropping in to LemonGrass to taste the nectar of the Gods. Be sure to go early in your trip because you will want to go back. Again and again.
“Love this place :)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

We first found Lemongrass last week by chance.
We have been there three times in the past week, even ordering breakfast at 2pm - the staff are very friendly and tentative :)
I absolutely love this place and highly recommend it.
Lemongrass has a great calm atmosphere on a busy street!!
Thanks guys and we will be back :)

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

australia
“Great Breakfast, lacking in other areas.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

We have holidayed in Legian twice within a few months and would say I have visited the Lemongrass restaurant at least 9 times for both Breakfast and Dinner.
Lovely décor, clean and friendly staff

I cannot fault the breakfasts as we have found them to be very good value, a great selection of choice and the service great. We decided to return this time for dinner. While the food is lovely and traditional Thai the service does lack at night time and takes a lot longer than most places to arrive at the table.
I would not hesitate to return for breakfast again but I wouldn't consider returning for a dinner meal.

Do NOT order takeaway - We also decided to order takeaway on our last night as we had been handed a Dine in and take away/home delivery menu while visiting the restaurant. This was a bad idea.
I rang to place an order and spoke to about 4 staff before one understood English. Placed my order with some difficulty and was told it would be delivered in approximately 20 minutes. 2 and ½ hours later it was delivered and very cold. During this time there were a number of phone calls between myself and the restaurant, each time I spoke to a number of different people until someone understood. I was asked to send a text message with the villa address, knowing we were only 20 minutes walk away I thought they would have no problem finding the villa.. When it finally arrived I was told they could not find us, however they had my mobile number the entire time.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Seminyak, Indonesia
“Not quite there for our expectations”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

The greeting (as always in Bali) was enthusiastic, friendly and efficient. Service and cafe style atmosphere were fine. The food was a little disappointing as when you want to eat Thai food, you want it to be Thai. It was average Thai, The mixed platter: fish cakes: bland, spring rolls a bit doughy but the 2 chickens satay sticks and sauce were good, Papaya salad not grated fine and didn't ring fresh and alive.(missing peanuts and dried shrimps) and the dressing not enough nor zingy as it should be. Gai Pad Med Ma Muang was bland, but managed to be rescued by application of Chilli in Fish sauce, dry chilli flakes. It was missing flavor and the larger dried chilli pieces.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Bundaberg, Australia
“Great Thai food in Bali!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

Top staff, prices and owners!! Thanks. :) Food was fantastic. We have a Thai Restaurant here in Australia and the quality of what you will get at Lemongrass is Awesome!! Go get it when in Bali!

Visited November 2012
Adelaide
“Good food, good service, good price!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

We weren't looking for Lemongrass but are so glad we found it!
We made it just in time for happy hours last drinks and I chose a Mango Margarita. It was delicious.
We chose to start our meal with some chicken satays and spring rolls followed by thai green curry and pad thai. The food was tasty and the servings were a good size. I had another 2 cocktails, Illusion and Barcardi Fruit Punch. My partner stayed on the Bintangs. The staff were friendly and helpful.
all up our 3 beers, 3 cocktails, entree, mains and water cost us $50...not bad at all. Would highly recommend Lemongrass!

• 5 of 5 stars Food