“regular visitor” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Robins Place

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Legian
Robins Place
You added Robins Place to your Saves list
C/- 1 Nyomun Robi | Jln Pura Bagus Teruna S26, Legian, Bali, Indonesia   |
Ranked #12 of 55 Specialty Lodging in Legian
Mornington, Victoria, Australia
“regular visitor”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

I have been to robins place on several occasions, on my own, with family and friends. I now consider this place my second home and would not stay anywhere else. I dont think there is a better position. On a recent 3 week visit with the family we ate local in legian which helped to keep the costs down. When I do a girls trip it is a $2 fare to seminyak for a more upmarket experience. Robins place is quiet, safe and secure. I have stayed at hotels and don't consider them anymore for accommodation villas are the way to go. At robins place the staff are professional and make us all feel like we are royalty.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

We have just returned from our Famiy holiday at Robins Place in Bali. It was one of the most memorable holidays we have ever had. The Staff were amazing, The rooms and Beds were Spotless, The kids loved the staff and they loved the children and we have never felt more welcomed. We have stayed in Hotels in the past and you are constantly stressing were the children are but at Robins Place you can relax by the pool knowing your children are not far away.
@Smile147 your points regarding the Breakfast, the website states what was included. The staff were more than happy to do some shopping and provided reciepts for us, The toilet paper we didn't have a problem all you have to do is ask and they are happy to provide it for you. With regard to the staff showing people through, They asked us if we minded, We didn't have a problem because they are escourted. You make it sound as though people just wondered through on thier own? The staff are very proud of Robins Place and where they work . I Don't know how this is different to a Hotel you never know who is next door, or who you are laying next to by the pool.
It was a massive difference staying at Robins Place over a hotel. The staff organized Massures for us everyday for a small fee. Shopping, restaurants, cafes, were handy just out the gate, I don't know what the below were saying they had to get a Taxi?? that is Ludicrous.

On the day of departure We had a late flight home and we were given free use of the Villa until our transfers came. With Hotel's you have to pack your stuff and store it. it is a long day from 10.00am till 12.00pm midnight with kids and no beds etc.

When I got home I appreciated a suitcase of clean, pressed clothes which is unheard of with a family of 5 I am doing washing for a week.

Overall I had a fantastic relaxing holiday, I will be reccomending Robins Place to everyone I know. We have even re-booked the middle of next year with another family.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

I love this place! and we are repeat "Robins Placers" as it were. It is the last of the Bali lozman style villas to stay. Clean, relaxed, spacious, with awesome gardens and friendly staff. This is the ideal place to holiday with your friends and/or family in a home style set up. There are dozens of shops at the end of the long driveway that can provide whatever necessities you have forgotten to bring, and very good restaurants a short walk away. Robins Place is not for room service dependent, more so for those who would rather not be disturbed. I love the staff at Robins Place, as do the kids, and we alway look forward to reuniting with them on our next Bali holiday.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Melbourne, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

We just arrived back from staying at Robins Villa, we chose this Villa as we read the travellers reviews and it sounded perfect, From the moment we arrived it was very disappointing. Firstly you have to pay 20,000 rupiah for the bottle of water to fill the urn, this is only $2.00 but it was the principle of when you pay $300 per night ( we had Villa 1) you think the water would be included. The main bedroom downstairs was very dark to the point you needed a torch to find something in your suitcase, ( i must add you can only use one wardrobe as the other is locked for I presume the owners usage). Mosquitos were the worst I have ever seen, my family were extensively bitten even with plenty of repellant. coils were not put out everynight, we had to almost beg for toilet paper ( i think they ration it), so make sure you provide your own. at night if we moved the cushions on the couch the amount of mosquitos that flew out was shocking. Bat poo sat on the couch for 4 days until we asked if it could be moved. Breakfast consists of fresh fruit juice , banana pancakes and anything to do with eggs, anything else you want you have to go and buy.(You can only eat so many eggs & pancakes) Receipts are not provided as stated. Even though you are not to far out from main shopping at Legion ( we usuallly stay at the Mandira,Legion or Padma) it was to far out for us , so costs us a fair bit in Taxi's and buying breakfast each day , One thing that really annoyed me is that people would just walk through to have a look at the Villa as they were told they could come and check it out, as I said before we paid $300 per night to have total strangers come and check it out . Security, there is absolutely none only dusk to midnight, did not feel very safe at all especially having children there. One night we had a party and had friends come over and the linen was the dirtiest I have ever seen,one thing was amusing though the maids said when we leave they must clean the mosquitos nets around the beds as they are very dirty, surely you would do this prior to guests arriving. Unfortunately because you have to pay in cash when you arrive you cannot ask for a refund or discount and there is no one to complain to. We will definately not be recommending Robins Villa to anyone, Been to Bali 11 times and this would have to be the worst trip . I dont understand how the other guests could give it a good rating as it was far from it.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Albany, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

Robins Place was a important part of our holiday. It made doing nothing perfect. It is very relaxing, very clean, very private. Our housekeeper, Putu, was amazing. She cooked the best breakfast and was always so friendly. I will be recommending Robins Place to everyone! Thank you

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

We stayed for a week at Robins Place (I wished we had booked to stay here our whole trip). It's a great location, so many nice places to eat within walking distance, lots of shops and so easy to get a taxi to go anywhere you want. My kids (7 & 3) loved it. The housekeepers were amazing and really made staying here so incredible. They cleaned the villa every day, made us the yummiest breakfast every morning and prepared the villa for the night by lighting mossie coils, putting down the mossie nets, remaking the beds etc every afternoon. When you stay here there is no washing, ironing or cleaning to do, it really is a true holiday. The girls made us an in-house Indonesian feast, the food was amazing (check out my photo). Make sure you get them to cook a meal for you, if you have kids ask for the potatoe balls and satays, my kids favs. Sitting in the open air villa looking over the tropical gardens was so relaxing. Nobody wanted to go home. There is a great little spa down the lane turn right - Briella Spa which I went to a couple of times. The staff are all very friendly and can organise an in house massage for you with Ketut, we had three massages with her, she is great. Robins Place is a great mix of Bali style but still modern and very comfortable. We stayed in Villa 2 but looked through all the other villas and they are all as lovely. The pool was beautiful and we swam for hours in it, it was always clean and well maintained. The gardens were amazing, so lush and tropical and the gardener was lovely to chat to. The property is very well run, so safe and secure, we had absolutely no security problems. Would I stay again - absolutely!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

Robins place was simply and utterly beautiful .
My week spent here with friends was so relaxing that I'm planning a return visit with my family.
The villas are so comfortable and spacious.
I loved the swimming pool .
The breakfast was amazing .
Thanks to the wonderful staff at Robins Place it truly made for the most relaxing trip overseas I've had .
Robins Place was the complete package

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Robins Place? Share your experiences!