“Great service, great location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Resort Camakila Bali

You added Ramada Resort Camakila Bali to your Saves list
Ramada Resort Camakila Bali
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jl. Pura Bagus Teruna, Legian, Legian, Bali 80361, Indonesia   |
Ranked #17 of 66 Hotels in Legian
Bunbury
“Great service, great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

The Ramada Camakila is close to everything - shopping, the beach and entertainment. The rooms were spacious, quiet at night and had everything you needed. The service was excellent from all areas, including the pool bar.
Would recommend to other travellers looking for an affordable stay in Bali.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Skoosh

RamadaCamakila, General Manager at Ramada Resort Camakila Bali, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Dear Renee L,

Many thanks for your positive comments about our location and service as well as your recommendation of our property.

Greg Harrison

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

I recently stayed at the Ramada for the third year running with a large group of people and I have to say - it just keeps getting better and better. I have clocked up over 30 trips to Bali for various reasons from business to family reunions, weddings and trips with groups of girlfriends and have stayed at many many hotels and villas from 2 star to the most expensive 5 star in ALL parts of Bali and The Ramada Camakila is overall, a fabulous hotel. Firstly - the manager Greg Harrison went over and above the call of duty for the week we were there and went out of his way to help the people in our group. He personally attended our dinner function and made sure that everything went smoothly. I had taken a group of restaurant and bar owner clients from Sydney as a thank you and they were extremely impressed with the quality of service as well as the genuine warmth from all the staff. The food is excellent and even though we also ate at all the top restaurants in Seminyak and Legian, we found the selection of Asian food at the Tao Beach front restaurant to be great value (especially for a hotel) and to have great clean and authentic flavours. The Mee Goreng was the best I have had in Bali and some of their other Thai and Vietnamese dishes were fabulous too!!. It is located in a great area for shopping and sits between the cheap market type area and the more upmarket shops of Seminyak. The rooms are clean and modern and the beds are very comfortable and big. Bathrooms are everything you need and really - this hotel ticks all the boxes for its price. Before choosing this hotel for our group - I flew to Bali to check out suitable hotels at a similar price. I visited 13 hotels and inspected rooms and facilities and in the end had no hesitation in choosing the Ramada - next year we will be back for sure as, even after three years of client trips - I cant find anywhere better or as good......

Room Tip: Back of hotel facing gym is the quietest, but near reception on pool level is most convenient
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear GabbySydney,

I do not think I will be able to match the kindness of your review with my response, but thank you so very much for taking time out of your busy schedule to post it. Your endorsement of Ramada Camakila is especially rewarding since it is given after you inspected and stayed at many other hotels and facilities. Thank you!

It was a pleasure having you and your clients with us at the resort and the team and I already look forward to next year’s event! ☺

Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

To the Management and staff of The Ramada Camakila, and ESP "Made Widiyadnyana"
Thank You!
WOW!! What an experience, I was so worried staying here alone but you sure made me feel safe and happy! Always a smile and a hello and going out of your way to help me.
The hotel was in good walking distance to everything, only a short stroll to the beach which I enjoyed watching sunset of a night sipping on a cocktail!
To Greg!!! My Sth Afrian Sharks Fan! Thanks for your warm welcome, greeting me some mornings and sharing our Rugby updates! And btw... Go TAH's. ...pssst. go Aussies :). And wish you all the best in your journey through life.

Kind regards. Gai

Room Tip: My room was 1118' found it to be what I needed, quite yet close enough to the pool and beach.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
RamadaCamakila, General Manager at Ramada Resort Camakila Bali, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Dear Gai,

It was such a pleasure having you around the resort, and I am very happy to hear that we were successful in making you feel was cared for. I hope you have a wonderful time for what is left of your holiday.

As for the Sharks I think they have missed the boat, best of luck to the Tah’s.

Again thank you very much and if there is an opportunity in future would love to welcome you back to Ramada Camakila.

Yours sincerely,

Casuarina Beach Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

Just spent 5 nights at Ramada Legian this month. We travel to Bali every year and stay in other hotels in the same area, so location for us was spot on. From the moment we arrived the staff were so friendly and attentive and went out of their way to be helpful. Our room was a deluxe on the 2nd floor overlooking the quieter end of the main pool. The room was really large, clean and modern, Fatma who serviced our room most days, did a fantastic job.

Breakfast was more than satisfactory, and the staff were so pleasant and helpful that it was always enjoyable, we never had to wait for a table. All the food tasted really fresh.

There are two pools, but as we are more beach goers did not spend much time around the pool, but they were both immaculate in water clarity and the guests that were utilising them, all seemed to be enjoying themselves and the sun lounges whilst some are a bit away from the pool, all had shade and were plentiful. It was very hot in the main pool area, so if you like a breeze, I would suggest you sit by the one at the beach end. There appeared to be plenty of staff at both pools to tend to your needs.

I am being really picky here, listing these faults, but want to share an honest review, and these faults would by no means cause us not to stay at this Hotel again as overall it is a great hotel, and these are really minor.

Our room wasn't ready on arrival at 2 pm, the staff were however so apologetic and after a quick bite to eat across the street we were in our room. One morning we had to wait for around 20 minutes for pool towels from the laundry. I would have liked a bit more shelving in the cupboard as there is only one high one, the rest is all hanging space. For the first couple of days, there seemed to be a strange almost like sewerage smell sort of mid way through the hotel heading towards the beach. I can't say if it was coming from Ramada or next door, and it only was there for a moment as you walked past this same particular point. As I said, I am being extremely picky, and would definitely stay at this hotel again as these are such minor things.

Room Tip: I think the rooms overlooking the pool would be a nicer outlook than the garden!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Sommo_5,

Let me start by thanking you for taking the time to write such a lovely review about our property, staff and breakfast. As I have mentioned before, we always appreciate hearing from Bali veterans! :)

As for your other comments, we are currently trying to find a suitable solution to our guests’ request for more storage. It may take some time to implement, but we are looking seriously into it. As for the smell, we had 1 pump with some issues which is sorted out. The heavy unseasonal rain we had last week did not help either, which was unfortunate, but we appreciate our guest being as understanding as you are.

Once again, thank you for the kind comments and constructive feedback. We look forward to hosting you again on your next Bali getaway.

Best regards,

Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

This hotel is great value. Excellent location rignt in the middle of my favourite shopping district. MugShot around the corner. When you walk through the hotel the otherside pops you straight out to the beach and walk left or right for fab restaurants.

Room was nice, not luxurious but definiately clean. The staff were very helpful. I checked in at midnight and was greeted with a big smile and welcome drink. When I had an appointment and had misplaced the address to give the taxi driver, one of the staff looked it up on the internet and wrote it down for the driver for me. Nice.

Tao Restaurant food is excellent. Breakfast is fresh and plentifuly including egg station (omelettes are great).

Could not fault it for the price.

Room Tip: if you like it quiet ask to be away from the pool.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Dear 10trelo,

Thank you very much for your kind comments about our location, rooms and restaurants.
We hope to see you again on a future visit to Bali.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

Our deluxe room was very nice, with pool and restaurant views. Facilities were good, staff friendly and helpful. Location was great, right on the beach, was nice to be left in peace. Stalls nearby offer everything and is in walking distance to main road, Jalan Legian, where you turn left to Seminyak and right to Kuta. Happy with hotel would recommend it to others.

• Stayed May 2013
RamadaCamakila, General Manager at Ramada Resort Camakila Bali, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
Dear tjcnt,

Thank you for your great comments and endorsement of our property.

We hope to welcome you again during your next Legian visit.

Sydney, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

The place looks much nicer from the photos. Our airport pick up was never turned up and no appolize or explanation was given. No staff avaliabe on arrival and departure, only check in and check out receptionist.The place is tacky, it is more like a 5 stars back packer hostel instead. The room is okie but the towels was so dirty like it have been washed but used by mechanic .Lucky we only booked one night to give us an option the next morning to see if we want to stay longer but could not wait to get out the place sooner . There are many hotels with same standard like ramada but are much cheeper for your option. We booked on arrival of our next hotel and it is cheeper then advertise on their web site.We paid bit more then ramada but the hotel upgraded us and provided us with a truely wonderful relaxing holiday expreiences. Hope this help and have a wonderful holiday!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear eastfly,

Thank you for your feedback. We received your booking from Agoda late on your day of arrival, for a package that does not include transport. We always do our best to fulfill special requests, but although your booking did mention an arrival time, there was no clear request for pickup. I apologize that our reservations staff misunderstood your comment.

We do have concierge staff until 11pm, but since you checked in after that time, our reception staff, who fulfill that duty very well, took care of you.

As for the photos, I am not sure what you are referring to. Our photos are in no way retouched or embellished for effect. To us, and to many other reviewers here, they are a true representation of our property.

I am sorry that your stay did not live up to your expectations, but I am convinced that we could have made it up to you should you have decided to give us a chance. I am however pleased to know that you enjoyed the rest of your stay in Bali.

Best regards,

Greg Harrison

Been to Ramada Resort Camakila Bali? Share your experiences!