“Romantic French restaurant hidden in Legian” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 117 Restaurants in Legian
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Description: A young and dynamic team waits to enthuse you with their passion for French cuisine.Their style is fresh and innovative.Their tasting plates around a theme allow you to try a variety of entrees and desserts: "foie gras", salmon and above all - chocolate. The specially air-conditioned pastry lounge allows them to work the chocolate and other products difficult to manage in a tropical climate. Relax and enjoy this unique gastronomic experience and let yourself feaston the fine attention to detail of both cuisine and surroundings.
Melbourne, Australia
“Romantic French restaurant hidden in Legian”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

We were recommended Pearl by a friend and we're not disappointed.

It was a little hard to find but that's actually a blessing as its a little haven hidden from the chaotic Legian strip.

We ate in the garden surrounded by fairy lights which was gorgeous - there is also a more under cover area also which looked lovely from where we were.

The food was fantastic!!!! Good French dining, so many things on the menu that we wanted to try that it was very hard to choose! All courses that we had were presented beautifully and tasted even better. A must try is the dessert tasting plate, the pâté / terrine was also delicious, but it was all very good.

The two French brothers (I think) who run this restaurant and the hotel were lovely and came over at different times to check we were happy. There is also Pearl the pet rabbit who came to say hi which was really cute.

Don't be put off by the description of restaurant and 'budget' hotel. I don't know what the hotel is like but the restaurant is great French food in a beautiful location at a good price. Will be going back for sure next time we're in bali.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

95% Recommend
  • Indonesian first
“One of the highlights of our Bali stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

Came here for a nice romantic dinner. My partner and I had past by the restaurant a couple months ago but did not try it til 27 July. We requested for our villa staff to make a reservation for us. We arrived early at the restaurant but were promptly greeted and ushered to our table on which my partner's name was tastefully indicated on a garden leaf. Nice touch!

The sampler appetizers were awesome. The lobster bisque was thick and fragrant, satisfying indeed! So were the other appetizers which I'm not sure what they are called. Other diners were ordering it and raving about it as well. (We overhead)

The lobster ravioli was my partner's choice for the main while I had the lamb. Both were good although I preferred my partner's lobster and he preferred mine. We did manage to catch sight of the plump garden rabbit which a customer promptly picked up and gushed over... I suppose the little creature gets a fair bit of attention of that sort.. As do the chef and his brother who are both good looking, friendly and great at conversation. They were making their rounds with the diners. I think this is one of the things that draws customers back.

We had the sample of different flavours of crème brulee and the gourmand coffee which came with deserts. They were a lovely surprise.

I had some red wine- the cab sauv was pretty good and easy on the palette.

Ambience was wonderful and romantic. Quiet and great, attentive service. I would definitely return here with my partner again.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Surfers Paradise, Australia
“What a treat!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Excellent French food I the middle of Bali - who would have thought. My seventh trip to Bali and my first meal at Pearl, never again will I go to Bali and not eat at the Pearl. Wonderful friendly staff, Anthony was wonderful, Jeremy came out to our table after our meal and introduced himself to us, such a lovely touch! But most importantly the food was EXCELLENT EXCELLENT EXCELLENT!!

Melbourne, Australia
“Fabulous meal at Pearl”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

We enjoyed our meal at Pearl so much we are planning to go again on our last night in Bali. Delicious food served in a tropical garden setting. The host was very attentive and service though slow was good. Loved the amuse bouche, in fact we loved everthing we ate. Only comment I would make about the food was that the filet was rare rather than the ordered medium rare but the quality of meat was so good it wasn't a problem.

“excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

What a Fantastic fine dining experience. Amazing food, great service, beautiful atmosphere and all at a reasonable price. Cost under $100 Aus for 2ppl which would of cost over $300 back home. A must do in Legian