“Big mistake” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 64 Hotels in Legian
melbourne
“Big mistake”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

I made the mistake of moving to this hotel after staying at the All Seasons Legian. From the get go the room was in poor condition, fridge not cooling, shower door broken, floating floor creaking with every step,balcony door wouldn't lock and the bell boy left the door open when he left. At the same time there was construction work being carried out under and beside this area of the hotel. All you could hear was grinding and drilling throughout this section of the hotel. 2nd room the hot water could not be adjusted, ie cycled from boiling hot to cold every few seconds. Toilet/ bathroom had a terrible sewerage smell constantly. In the end I put up with it but would not ever stay here again and would not recommend it to anybody. Definitely not a 5/4 star hotel. Poorly built.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
E_c0mmerce, Manager at Pullman Bali Legian Nirwana, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Dear hyper1,

We thank you for your constructive feedback and all the areas you mentioned you felt could be improved, and I apologize for any inconvenience it may have caused during your stay.

I am glad to inform you that the renovations of our Garden Pool were completed today, one week ahead of schedule, in order to ensure it impact as less guests as possible. As previously mentioned we are still carry on improvements in some rooms in order to fix the issues you are mentioning, in order to prevent future disappointment for our future guests.

Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope we may have the chance to better serve you in the near future, where you would be able to enjoy all the benefits of the works we are currently doing.

Pullman Legian Bali Nirwana

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (410)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Hong Kong, China
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

I went for a half day business trip to Bali (it is not as fun as it sounds) and stayed at the Pullman as it is a convenient location. I landed at 1 am and the hotel car was nowhere to be found. I called the hotel where they knew that I had booked a car but explained to me that the driver "did not show up". So I was told to take a cab... Staff was very polite and mentioned that he manager would contact me to apologize. It never happened.

But I liked the room although I did not get to see much of the hotel. Breakfast buffet was nice but cappuccino was not included... Pullman might want to rethink their standards if they want to try to position themselves as a high end hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Sergio P,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel further to your recent stay with us at Pullman Bali.
We are pleased to read that even for a stay as short as one night you enjoyed the comfort of your upgrade in Grand Deluxe.
I apologized for the lapse in service which leads you to wait at the airport when you arrived, hence the reason why we covered the taxi fare for your arrival. Rest assured that this problem has been raised to ensure that overnight pick us are arranged with the same professionalism than during the day.
We offer complimentary brewed coffee and black tea for all guests at breakfast, and I am glad to let you know that our new Food & Beverage Director is currently looking at setting up a hot beverages corner in the buffet to please all guest taste in the morning.

Thank you again for your feedback and we hope we may have the chance to welcome you back in the near future.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012 via mobile

The Pullman is in a great location and the staff are amazing however there is a lot of construction going on at the hotel. It is extremely noisy. They say the construction is only happening from 9-5pm but I've heard it still going on at 9pm! It has put a massive damper on my holiday. Having said that I would absolutely stay here once again but only when the construction is all finished.

• Stayed October 2012
Dear Solo Rose,
Thank you for posting your review on TripAdvisor.
We really appreciate your enthusiastic comments on the service you received while staying with us and rest assured all of our staff will definitely see it as an encouragement to share the famous Balinese hospitality with our future guests.
I apologize for the inconvenience caused by some of the work we are currently carrying on in the hotel to improve our guest’s comfort and enjoyment. I am glad to let you know for instance that our Garden Pool will reopen today as the renovation have been completed a week ahead of schedule, as we wanted to minimize the impact on our guests.
We would be delighted to welcome you back in the near future, and in such a case feel free to contact me personally to assist with your booking.

Saigon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Just stayed from 17th to 22nd September, Hotel is located in the spacious land with modern style buildings, close to the beach which is easy to make us impressive with overview , easy to access to Kuta Street with short walking distance, convenience stores, local market, restaurant is just next door.

However the room is a disappointment, spacious but not well-equipped, the room's facilities is not standard as five star hotel stated, especially a bad smell that comes out from toilet every time back room. If you travel with family, try to avoid Wing 1 which is located closed to aside street that makes a noise of motor at night.

Corridor Floor 3 - Wing 1, the water leaks from the ceiling, so i had to mind my steps every time getting out of room.

The receptionist is not useful at all, my friend forgot a Cleansing face foam when moved to another room, i contacted with receptionist, he saved my number and confirmed to call me back but nothing happened later on...

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012 via mobile

We thought this is quite a new hotel but find it a little old already. Check-in was efficient. The hotel is nicely located opposite the beach, but the pool in the hotel a little small. Rooms are decent with nice toiletries. Free wifi. Somehow can hear people talking down the corridor outside room and in the room next-door pretty well, but it was fine and quiet at night. Close but not too close to the Seminyak shops.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Jakarta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

Cleanliness & Service.
Great

Great, little strange for the bellboy service though...looks like they have none. So you need to push/pull your own luggage to your room. It's quite an effort if you travel with a family with 2 youngster which too little to help you and a bunch of luggage.

Location
If you like the crowded environment of Kuta, where you can easily found many shops, convenient store, pub/bar, fast food restaurant with a few walk away...well this is the place for you...be warned for the traffic jam though.

Rooms
King size bed, balcony, bath tub with separated shower and toilet earned pullman plus points. The size of the room is quite comfy also. But I experienced a major problem with the room clogged basin. Remind you that I travel with family of 2 daughters and my wife so this small problem became a major problem for us.

Sleep quality.
I have the worst experienced of trouble sleeping in pullman. Its because you can hear the (what I assume) elevator machine working like a robot in your head. Yes I sleep in the nearest room from the elevator but surely hotel management like pullman should be able to anticipate this kind of problems...right? In the end the comfy room cannot help me to sleep at all.

I give 3 points out of 5 based on my rooms and sleep quality review, and because I just stayed in novotel nusa dua which gave me more value.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

We stayed at the hotel on 17 September for 5 nights. The hotel is in a great location on Legian Beach. Our ocean view room was lovely, spacious, clean and comfortable and the breakfast buffet offered a great variety of food each morning.

Unfortunately due to a large conference checking in, we were left to find our own way to our room and were met a short time later by the bellboy delivering our bags. Also disappointing was that we were not advised that renovations were happening in the rooms near ours. There were notices around the hotel advising of the works but reception did not advise of the impact to us when we were checking in.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Pullman Bali Legian Nirwana? Share your experiences!