“Beautiful hotel, need to spend more time on the details...” 4 of 5 stars

Airport Pickup&Breakfast
Ranked #13 of 66 Hotels in Legian
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Perth
“Beautiful hotel, need to spend more time on the details...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2011

I stayed at this hotel back in October with a large group of friends. Overall, it's lovely but it kind of left me/us a little flat and I doubt I would return.

The room was nice; big comfy beds, gorgeous big bathroom with seperate shower, bathtub and toliet, butr just small details let it down. The television had terrible reception and was full of static (I would feel a hotel of this calibre, this should not even be an issue) and overall there was just a hint that everything had been rushed to be finished in time, bad grouting, cracks, just poor finishing...

My room was in a great spot just by the infinity pool. Some of my friends were put in rooms at the back of hotel that they were very disappointed with, complaining of a massive trek to reach them and also the constant stench of sewerage!

The breakfasts were great though, loads of choice and could set you up for the day.

There are two gorgeous pools, but for a hotel of this size, I just don't think they are big enough or offer enough seating around them, especially when all the hotel is finished and full, you won't be able to get anywhere near! Maybe if they extended the pool size and had a lot less manicured gardens (pretty but pointless), it would have made more sense.

I also had a real difficulty trying to organise late check out. I rang reception and was told it was not possible. My friend called and organised it straight away. It seems it depends on who you speak to as to what can be arranged :-/

Overall, it is a beautiful hotel and if you can get a great deal, go for it. I just certainly wouldn't pay the rack rate on offer, it is not worth it.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front of the hotel, or near the pools. Avoid the back of the hotel.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
E_c0mmerce, Manager at Pullman Bali Legian Nirwana, responded to this review, December 28, 2011
Dear Guest,

We are glad to hear you have stayed in our hotel and that your overall experience was good. Thank you for sharing your experience with us and Tripadvisor. For your reference, since October the hotel operated towards improvements throughout the hotel. Room renovations have been done, which includes implementing our personalized television program in every room, with 30 channels, internet connection, games and all information regarding your stay. It is a honor to learn that you were satisfied with your room, please let me inform you that we currently almost do not have issues concerning sewerage smell anymore. My apologies regarding the late check out. We base the possibility of checking out late on the arrivals of that day. My advise would be to arrange the late check out during check in as we could guarantee it immediately if it is possible and there will be no disappointment at the end of the stay. I am happy to read that you have enjoyed the breakfast and the pools. I hope you would visit us again when you will return to Bali.

Executive Assistant Manger

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (500)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Jakarta, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2011

I’ve just returned from 4 nights at this hotel. After read some reviews here, I’m not expecting too much. But I was wrong, this hotel well over my expectation, although it has a few issues to make it perfect.
We previously stay on room at wing 3, then moved to another room after had a few issues with sound from disco/bar nearby. Maybe they (the disco/bar) had a party on Saturday night.

Generally, it is a brand new lovely hotel, nice décor, free wifi, and great location.

Exterior & Interior : Modern, nice beautiful lobby, but don’t have much Balinese things.
Staffs and services : Excellent. Everyone was so nice, friendly, and willing to help. From security guard, porter, receptions, technician, etc. I had once a TV problem, and they sent a crew within 5 minutes. Yes they didn’t greet you by your first name (or even last name), but hey, it’s a big hotel, I believe it’s impossible to remember each guest’s name. And I don’t need an over attention like that too. Thank you all.

Room : Spacious, neat, clean, nice décor, large balcony. AC works well. Have all amenities we need. Safety box, fridge, insect sprayer, and LCD 32 with many channels (who cares about movie on holiday?). The TV can be used as a computer screen to internet browsing, but we have to ask for wireless keyboard from receptionist (I don’t know why they don’t provide this in room). And, I like the… what it called? An entertainment TV software, program, telly, or whatever. Oh, and they provide 2 umbrellas too, very helpful during the rain.
Bathroom : Nice, spacious, clean. Separated tub, shower with rain shower, and closet. Powerful water pressure.

Location : Great, right across the “not too crowded” beach, on border line of Legian and Kuta beach. Easily walk to either Hard Rock side or Legian side. Perfect in the near future. Up to now, there’s many construction of shopping place nearby, so I feel neither comfortable nor relaxed while walking back and forth at night. Watch your steps!! Unfortunately, the road is one way and crazy traffic, and it’s such a torture if you driving or take a cab. So, you will face a dilemmatic situation, walk or cab??

Facilities : Basement parking, fitness, spa, and pool. It has 3 pools. 2 on ground fl, and 1 on top floor. While 2 pools are too small, the one on roof floor is spectacular. If you’re lucky, you can have a picturesque sunset here. Top notch!! Also there’s a connectivity lounge with TV and computers.

If I have to write about the cons, here a few as constructive manners :
1. Room : Parquet flooring in front of the bathroom always make the “squeak” sound.
2. Trash bin, I had 2 bins in my 1st room and only 1 in my last one.
3. I’d smelled something weird each time back to my room, a little bit damp or wood or what.
4. “Hard to use” key card. A lot of insert-pull card just to open my room. We couldn’t get in at late night once. Yes they immediately replaced our card, but it still was annoying. :)
5. No shaver.
6. Roof pool… hot hot hot, umbrellas please… 

Overall, we’ve enjoyed our stay here and will stay again in the future.

Room Tip: 3rd floor - direct access to rooftop pool.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2011

THe room was wonderfull and its tidy and clean, however, it needs some sound proofing. We can hear noises from the hall way and it was loud. PLease see the possibility to install the sound proofing.

Need more shops and restaurant at the hotel so we can shop inhouse

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
E_c0mmerce, Manager at Pullman Bali Legian Nirwana, responded to this review, December 26, 2011
Dear Guest,

We are glad to read that you appreciate the room. My sincere apologies regarding the sound which you could hear from the hallway. We are taking your feedback into consideration in order to improve continuously and hopefully we can provide you a more quiet room and stay in the near future. Thank you for sharing your experience with us and Tripadvisor.

Executive Assistance Manager
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2011

Well, just like other pullman hotel, great place to stay but for the food i think its not ver good. But they serve a delicious breakfast.

• Stayed December 2011
Dear Guest,

It is truly a honor to learn that you name Pullman Bali Legian Nirwana great. Regarding the food, it is a pity that your experiences did not meet your expectations. Please let me inform you that we are busy working on another restaurant, called 'Sembilan', which offers Balinese Cuisine, in order to improve the choice of food for our guests. Hopefully you will return to try this restaurant as well and it might fit your taste more. Thank you for taking the time to write down your experience and greetings from Pullman Bali Legian Nirwana.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2011

Yeah the hotel has some flaws and that will be a subject of my review when I check out, but an oasis in the resort is the SPA. Its like the garden of Eden when you open the internal doors to the wonderful serenity of the Vitality Hydro Pool and Treatment area.
The spa is well priced for the amazing service. Dont be mislead this is not a BALI street spa, this is the real deal and well worth the $50 for an hour massage. On commencement of your procedure you are settled with a fantastic mango drink and cool towel then a soothing foot bath and freshen up. You are then ushered into the change rooms which are just spotless and divine to undress and move into your spa robe and slippers. Then its off to your treatment room which are truly sublime and your treatment is completed. There is a great menu of offerings available to cover all normal spa services and a couple of specials as well. Products are divine. To finish your treatment off you are escorted to the 'chill out' room where you lay back in a heated lounge with soothing tomes while you sip your tea and much on a sugared dried orange and tasty date... all this for as long as it takes to conjour up the energy to leave EDEN.
Yep I have been every day and have bookings for the rest of the week.
The male massause I had on one of my days gave me perhaps the BEST massage I have ever had.... and I am a total spa lush.

Room Tip: Every service at the SPA is sensational but do try the Vitality Pool and the Shirodara massage.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2011

The hotel was lovely,service was 100%. Only problem was that because my partner and i booked online and paid ahead of our stay we couldnt get a refund for a night we didnt need. Plus we paid in american currency not australian so we paid more. The hotel could not even offer free breakfast at least for the couple of hundred more we paid that we didnt even use. That was slightly disappointing,never paying ahead for a hotel again.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about Pullman Bali Legian Nirwana. We are pleased to hear that you have enjoyed our service. Unfortunately, it was not possible to refund the money as stated in the terms and conditions. I apologize that we could not meet your expectations upon this point. I hope we could welcome you again in the near future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2011

A modern style hotel with all the requirements in the rooms, just a short 1 minute walk to the beach, and a 2 minute walk to the hustle and bustle of the outside street stalls and markets.
Heaps of good places to have breakfast lunch or dinner, will be staying here again when we next come to Bali.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
E_c0mmerce, Manager at Pullman Bali Legian Nirwana, responded to this review, December 23, 2011
Dear Guest,

Warmest greetings from 'the Island of the Gods'. It is delighting to read that you entitle your review with 'a perfect place to stay in Legian'. Thank you for your efforts to share your experience with us and Tripadvisor and you are more than welcome to come back to Pullman Bali Legian Nirwana.

Executive Assistant Manager

Been to Pullman Bali Legian Nirwana? Share your experiences!