“Excellent Location, Great Food.” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #23 of 134 Restaurants in Legian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions
Perth, Australia
“Excellent Location, Great Food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

I have visited Seaside on a number of occassions over the last few years both as a solo traveller/diner or with my partner. I can honestly say that I have yet to experience anything below par when it comes to dining itself, the only issue previously was not being able to order some items off the (now) old menu. On the new, updated menu some of the dishes that I had been unable to order have now been removed, the issue had been a lack of interest in certain dishes.

My fiance often jokes that my staple diet here consists of either the chicken ceasar salad or the surf and turf! I have most certainly tried other meals here and they have all been delicious and worth the money. This is both eating western and Indonesian dishes as well as sampling the occassional cocktail. The beers here are reasonably priced for an oceanfront restaurant and you won't be paying much more than you would sitting on the beach. So, if you are keen on a bit of lunch away from the majority of the hawkers (you still get some passing by trying to sell CD's etc which is to be expected) and want a nice location to just relax then you won't be disappointed.

At night you will find opportunities to listen to a band or watch a movie. I had noticed on this trip that the screen was now downstairs and they were playing some of the surf DVD's that had helped in the invasion of Bali by those looking for great waves. I'm certainly not a surfer myself but watching the footage and listening to some of the older tunes played in it was fantastic and certainly set a relaxed mood.

I have always received good service here and don't have any complaints, but be aware that, as is usual, if the place is pumping with diners you may have to wait a little to order extra drinks.

We love this place and will continue to return. The added bonus is that if you arrive on a scooter for dinner you will invariably be able to park right out the front or directly opposite. Seaside can be seen as a casual place to venture to in the day and evenings or a bit more formal........would I say it's a place to sloth around in boardies and singlet? Maybe not at night, at least wear a T-shirt!

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Copacabana, Australia
“Great food and view”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Just to clarify, this is the restaurant opposite the beach and legian and next to the Jayakarta Hotel. At 7:30pm they open upstairs which is an outdoor dining area with a huge screen for the kids to watch movies under the stars. The granitas are my favourite. I ate there most days and never had a bad meal. Happy our each afternoon. It's good to escape the hawkers on the beach, yet still be so close to the action. Highly recommended.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Great food by the sea”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

We always go to the Seaside for delicious Mexican food, although their whole menu is good value. Worth a visit.

Visited June 2013
Melbourne, Australia
“Great location, delicious food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Food was great, cocktails very nice and the frozen ice slushies a hit with adults and kids. Wifi available, and the sea breeze kept us cool. Went back a 2nd tie and ordered the Mexican, I wouldn't recommend that, stick tote regular menu.

Visited May 2013
“SeaGood”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

Just passing by on our way to double six and thought it looked interesting. Our usual back stop move....order one meal to share and if any good order more (if not move on to somewhere else). We where pleasanltly surprised how good the food was. Service is a bit slow but the food was worth the wait. Nice seafood nasi gorang came with a great chilli sauce that my husband loved. We stayed to try the fish taco's which were even better! Clean & comfortable surrounds well worth a try along this strip of restaurants. Cost was good value for money.

Visited June 2013