“what a wonderful place!!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Bali Mandira Beach Resort & Spa

You added Bali Mandira Beach Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Bali Mandira Beach Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jalan Padma No. 2, Kuta (Legian Beach), Legian, Bali 80362, Indonesia   |
Ranked #7 of 66 Hotels in Legian
australia
“what a wonderful place!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2010

my husband and two boys aged 3, 10 just got back from bali after 11 days at the mandira, we had xmas and new year and felt this was the right hotel for us, it was well maitained with beautful grounds, 2 good size swimming pools and close to all the hot spots. the rooms are not four star, but we didnt want to spend to much time in our room, my only beef would be that they need another wing that has 2 bedroom apartments that could be considered family rooms, otherwise your all bunking in together, if you cant afford two rooms. We would definatly return, and are in the process of booking for xmas 2012.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
BaliMandiraGM, General Manager at Bali Mandira Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, January 28, 2010
Thank you for the kind words. We are looking forward to see you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (274)
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
Cluj-Napoca
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2010

Nice days aside nice people!if you look for a very good hotel than Bali Mandira is the best oportunity!high quality services,friendly people ,very good food and a very clean place and well entertained!!in one word a high standard management!!From the restaurants you have marvellous views either over the see or the pool.it is a nice place to rest ,to endevour the island and to admire the most beautiful sunsets in the World!Delia and Traian (Romania)

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Brisbane
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2009

Bali Mandira is a perfect spot on the beach. Two pools to choose from, luscious gardens and plenty of sun chairs to relax.
Rooms are good, cleaned and tidied everyday. Staff very courteous and friendly. Wonderful buffet breakfasts, try the banana pancakes made right in front of you!!
Will certainly stay here again.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2009

I stayed at Bali Mandira Beach Resort and Spa in September 2009.
I booked a deluxe cottage on-line via their website. At the time I made the booking this was much cheaper than booking through an agent in Australia. The booking was in US Dollars and by the time of my trip, the better exchange rates of the AUD Vs USD made my stay even more economical.
A day after making my booking I was contacted by email from the hotel who offered a free airport transfer.
I was staying at another hotel in Tuban before my stay and they offered to collect me from that hotel. I thought that was quite generous. When I checked out of my other hotel, there was a driver there waiting for me.
Arrived at resort at midday and was pleased to know my room was ready.
I was also advised I had been upgraded to the one and only tower suite. They do not have any pics of this room on the website.
When I was being taken to my room which is on the top floor of the tower I was a bit unsure of what was going on as I had expected to be in one of the ground level cottages.
Well what a surprise. The tower suite room was wonderful.
There was a large main room was with a sitting area, bar area, lots of room and huge king bed. A flat screen TV and beautiful furnishings complemented the room.
There was a large balcony that had both tub chairs and a day bed. It had an amazing view out to the ocean.
There was a completely separate area that featured a marble dressing area and wardrobe.
This then went through to a massive marble bathroom which included a large square raised bath, separate shower and dual sinks.
You could sit in the bath watch the sunsets – heaven.
I did stick my head in one of the deluxe rooms as well to see what they were like. They were fine but the room I had was indeed far more luxurious and stylish.
I went to the club lounge a few times but found the service to be quite slow when the lounge was full. This was often the case for the free drinks from 5.30 to 7pm. The lounge is at the front of the resort near the reception.
I think I’d much rather sit on the beach and watch the sunsets.
Every time I went to use the internet in the lounge, there were always people on the terminals and someone waiting. I actually preferred going to a couple of the restaurants up the road that offered free Wi-Fi and used my own computer.
Breakfast in the Parasol restaurant was lovely and lots of choice. I didn’t eat any other meals in the hotel.
There is no pool bar in the pool at Mandira. This is actually a good thing as I have stayed at plenty of resorts where guests sit in the pool all day and drink and never get out...so that’s an issue you don’t need to worry about here. I much prefer the top infinity pool. The bottom pool has lovely grassy areas also.
I appreciated being able to use the showers after check-out before my flight. Reception will give you a towel and soap to use the showers by the pool. I found this was much better than having to pay for a late checkout.
Security at the resort is great.
The position of Mandira can’t be beaten and I like that it is more intimate than the Padma which is across the road.
I am returning in January and when I went to book a month prior I found availability was limited.
I decided I didn’t need to book a deluxe room again considering I rarely used the lounge last time (and not fussed by it) and I’d be happy to eat breakfast in the other restaurant.
I have managed to book a superior cottage room this time. I believe these are on the second floor of some of the deluxe cottages so I think this will be fine for my purposes.
It’s no wonder Mandira is so popular, it’s a reputation well deserved.

Stayed September 2009, traveled solo
perth western australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2009

I have just come back from 7 nights at this hotel. had a great holiday. This was my friend's first time to Bali so I wanted to stay in a nice hotel. We were both impressed with everything, the grounds were beautiful, the rooms were clean and had everything we needed. The staff were very friendly and helpful. This was my 7th time to Bali and I still had a fantastic time. We did a lot of shopping, eating and drinking. My friend had a ball she can't wait to go back. The location of the hotel is close to the markets, beach and places to eat. We found the prices at the hotel to eat were quite reasonable also. Next time we go back we will stay here again.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends
BaliMandiraGM, General Manager at Bali Mandira Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, December 3, 2009
Thank you, We are looking forward to have you again with us.
Perth WA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2009

We stayed at the Bali Mandira in October and we can't wait to return. We got a great deal on our flights so we decided to upgrade our accomodation and go for the Deluxe Bungalow with indoor/outdoor bathroom. The room was big enough and the bathroom had plenty of room for the two of us.

The staff are very friendly and we were impressed that they remembered what drinks, coffee etc we liked to order and they would ask us if that was what we wanted before we had to ask.

The gardens and pool areas are always tidy and we loved the close proximity to the beach. We are planning to go back next year.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
BaliMandiraGM, General Manager at Bali Mandira Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, December 15, 2009
Thank you for the kind words, We are looking forward to see you stay with us again.
Queensland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2009

Great place, cannot fault at all. Will be back next year. Perfect position, food great, everything, staff all lovely and caring.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Bali Mandira Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!