“Mostly because of the room” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Bali Mandira Beach Resort & Spa

You added Bali Mandira Beach Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Bali Mandira Beach Resort & Spa
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Jalan Padma No. 2, Kuta (Legian Beach), Legian, Bali 80362, Indonesia   |
Special Price
#savetember30
Ranked #7 of 67 Hotels in Legian
Sydney, Australia
“Mostly because of the room”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

We were disappointed with the room. The Private Courtyard Club room is described as having 'a lush garden view' and an 'indoor private courtyard and garden area'. In reality, the room is on the ground floor of a 4 story building at the back of the hotel. To maintain some privacy the courtyard has high walls and a roof to block the curious in the rooms above from looking in. The result is feeling like you are trapped in a cave, with only a brief flash of sunlight in the morning and shaded gloom the rest of the time. On a more positive note, the hotel's new pool area is great, particularly for families with young children and the over 18 pool area gives a respite from noisy kids, although the lounge lizards grab the sunbeds early and hog them all day. The Club Lounge benefits that are provided with the room are good but you need to be there at specific times in the afternoon to take advantage and this can be somewhat restricting. Breakfast was average, just the usual included-in-the-tariff offering. Staff were friendly and efficient. This is a big hotel in a popular location and no doubt has plenty of returning guests but for us the stay will be a one off.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (338)
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Melbourne, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

I would not recommend this to anyone of my friends or family.
The rooms are clean and staff are friendly but that’s it.
Dirty and old bathrooms, the breakfast was horrible.. everything about our experience was depressing.
No Gym!
No Ocean view room... ocean has been blocked by trees.
There was some fume in the air all morning which gave us a headache.
We checked out on our first morning.

Room Tip: There is no ocean view room
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

We stayed at the Bali Mandira for just over a week and had a fantastic time. The Hotel was beautiful everything you could possibly need. All the staff were fantastic and friendly and always willing to help. The new pool area is amazing and it is so nice being right on the beach front in Legian. The breakfast was to die for best I've had at a hotel so far :) Do yourself a favour and visit unless you are very hard to please I'm sure you will have a great time. I felt completely safe at this hotel as it was the first time I have travelled with my daughter on our own.

Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

We celebrated our daughter Sarah's wedding at the Mandira on 3rd. October,2013. It exceeded all our expectations. The setting was stunningly pretty, the flowers beautiful, the food more than ample and very nice. The bar excellent. The service was fantastic, the staff were all delightful and very friendly.The photography was beautiful. Location is brilliant. But, most importantly, our heartfelt thanks to Ani, our wonderful wedding planner, you did a wonderful job and made it so easy and enjoyable for all of us! God bless you Ani and thank you so very much.

Geraldton, Western Australia, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

We had a wonderful 5 night stay at Bali Mandira. The location is fantastic and the grounds are lovely. My husband was able to surf right out the front, while the kids were having a great time on the new slides. The food was great and it was so relaxing eating breakfast by the pool and beach. A beautiful place to sit and watch the sunset while enjoying a drink also. We loved the beach access and felt very safe. The only thing I would suggest is taking an upgrade if available if you have a bigger family. We found the Superior room a bit cramped with 2 adults, 2 children and an infant, however the ground floor was good as we had a terrace. Staff were wonderful.

Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

We got married at the Bali Mandira and I couldn't be happier! We dealt mainly with Yuni via emails before the wedding and with a friend suggesting that Yuni plans weddings all day everyday I put my trust in her and couldn't be happier with the result! For example, I was asked if I wanted cake toppers, I said yes please and that was the end of our discussion. On the day when I saw our beautiful cake for the first time the cake toppers were mini us!! My dress had lots of ruffles and my husband wore suit pants and a vest with no tie. It sounds silly but it was obvious that they had sneaked a peak at our outfits. The list of small details they went to is endless but they all made for the best day of my life! Couldn't be happier!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

My wife and I have been to Bali many,many times an love the Legian area for its accommodation and food. We have stayed at the Bali Madira a number of times and we love breakfast at the Parasol Restaurant every time we stay. Looking over the beach and having a wonderful breakfast is one for highlights and the staff of Putra, Pastika and Wijaya look after us every time. The smiles these 3 gents bring to visitors and guests always amazes me. But there is a new face in the Parasol Restaurant this visit and I must single her out as a gem in the staff, her name is Yuni Sulasmim, what a wonderful young lady, vibrant, always smiling and fluent English. Bali Mandira certainly have wonderful staff and management and when I visit and see new staff like Yuni it will keep my wife and I coming back each year to visit. Well done Bali Mandira management for finding such wonderful young people and giving them a start in Tourism industry.

Room Tip: Have breakfast at the Parasol Restaurant and meet these wonderful people and say Hi to Yuni and the...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Legian
Padma Resort Legian
Pullman Bali Legian Nirwana
The Magani Hotel and Spa
The Stones Hotel - Legian Bali, Autograph Collection
The Seminyak Beach Resort & Spa

Been to Bali Mandira Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!