“Perfect Location and the Friendliest and most Efficient staff ever!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bali Mandira Beach Resort & Spa

Save Saved
You added Bali Mandira Beach Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Bali Mandira Beach Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jalan Padma No. 2, Kuta (Legian Beach), Legian, Bali 80362, Indonesia   |
Ranked #7 of 61 hotels in Legian
Melbourne, Australia
“Perfect Location and the Friendliest and most Efficient staff ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We truly enjoyed our 14 day stay at the Mandira Resort. Set amongst manicured tropical gardens and decorated pathways and a perfect beachfront outlook. It is conveniently located in Legian which means Kuta or Seminyak are nearby, as are markets, shops and shopping centres. There is only a cobbled service road separating the resort from the sandy beach. We enjoyed buffet breakfast at the Parasol restaurant overlooking the beach and in the evening we often attended a very good buffet dinner in the Celagi Restaurant, but not before experiencing the most spectacular sunsets, either from the infinity pool, or while having a drink at the Barong Bar or the stylish Suling Lounge. To compensate the main pool under re-construction, the resort offered better price deals. Upon completion in July, the new pool will be outstanding! In the meantime, the temporary pool suffices very nicely, this coupled with the existing infinity pool and spa; we can’t say we ever felt compromised by the pool situation. We enjoyed a room with a courtyard which contained and in ground paved bath, shower and day bed –amongst lush tropical plants - very beautiful. The unexpected bonus, were the staff who are the most friendly and efficient staff we have ever encountered in all our travels. They attended to our every request and need, particularly as we relied on the internet for our business communications. I cannot stress enough how their warmth and genuine courtesy ensured a better holiday. Personally, we will never forget the fun we had with their entertainment staff and very professional acts, particularly the Batak Quartet and the very talented Entertainment Manager Mr. J. Free, whose enthusiasm and passion for his work and life in general, both inspired and ensured everyone was having a great time and felt included in the night’s entertainment. By the time we left the Mandira, we felt we had left our friends behind. We will definitely return to this resort – it ticks all the boxes! Anita and John - Melbourne

Room Tip: Rooms with a courtyard are a nice touch and romantic.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

1,022 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (230)
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
Ko Samui, Thailand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

Great location, however, this resort needs a change! The rooms are very basic. No attention to cleanliness especially in the bathrooms. The pool is under renovation and this does affect your overall experience. The hotel rates are however high and comparable to other 5star resorts in the area. We discovered this when we arrived. Breakfast is very basic and the location for breakfast is appalling, while there are other better located restaurants at the resort. The manager does not take the initiative to meet guests and the staff are focused on selling rooms at higher rates, instead of ensuring that the guest has a good experience, by offering to change room locations or other options to better your stay. We loved Bali and spent most of our time outside our resort, however, would have loved to relax at our hotel for a day, but was not encouraged to do so. We stayed for 8 nights and had breakfast twice (not happy afterwards) and did not spend any time at the restaurants or pool area. Pity for the hotel, as we normally would have supported our hotel for meals, massages, etc. the Internet connection and the blow dryer is a joke for a resort of this rating!!! Lastly, the staff are not empowered and do not take guest feedback seriously!!!

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Perth, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

Flew over to Bali and looked at multiple venues to get married in, heard this was a favourite for weddings so met with management booked the whole thing, went through every single detail imaginable, paid a deposit and they assured me everything will be perfect. Communication skills are terrible, they never told me About the reno's they had booked, found that out by myself, would have to chase them up about everything. Sent out invites to over 100 guests, over 50 couples booked accommodation and 5 weeks before my wedding they tell me the renovations are not going to be finished. And that as a sorry they would give all guests a beer before the ceremony (are you kidding me). They weren't helpful at all and very calm, they didn't care the slightest that I was Paying nearly 15,000$ for a wedding venue that looked like Bomb had hit it! Had to plan a whole new wedding in a week and send out new invites, cancel all accommodation and find a hotel and venue last minute to accommodate for every body. After I changed aNd cancelled everything turns out they they lied and it will be finished but they lied to accommodate for their opening of their pool by having a party on the same night that was ment to be my wedding. The worst experience of my life! The amount of tears cried could fill an ocean. Do not get married here, unless you want an unprofessional nightmare of a wedding. Has honestly been the most stressful and worst experience of my life

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

Thank you to the Bali Mandira for making our stay so wonderful.

Friendly, happy and helpful staff.
Great Meals.
Great Room.
Beautifully manicured gardens. We particularly loved the water feature outside our block 9207. Every day it had a new flower or animal design. We would delight in seeing the new design every morning. This showed that ever the smallest detail was given attention. This told the story well.
Great deal- included breakfast, dinner and transfers.
High level of security at the front and back of the hotel. We even saw a staff member circulating at night with a torch to ensure that there were no intruders lurking around in the dark corners of the garden.. We felt safe particularly as there have been recent stories of intruders in Bali accommodation.
What can I say?
We would love to come again. The pool under construction looks absolutely wonderful and we would love to come again and see it completed.
Jim and Silvia.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Hobart, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

I have just returned home after a 10 night stay at Bali Mandira resort and it is fair to say the resort was the highlight of my time in Bali.

Picking good accommodation can be quite difficult, and you certainly don't want to get to your destination and find it is not what you hoped or expected. Mixed reviews certainly do not help. I booked Bali Mandira based on overall positive reviews, location and price. At the time of booking and stay there were pool renovations underway which are very well advertised on the resort website and facebook page, and a special rate of 50% off plus free dinner each night and other inclusions jumps out from their web site. It seemed like good value to me, but still at the upper end of my budget, being close to $200 a night for a cottage room by the time tax is included.

I had several emails with the reservation team prior to arrival, all were prompt and answered any questions I had. Full marks to that team. a few days prior to arrival i received a confirmation email and request for airport arrival details for transport so I was happy everything was in order for my stay.

Pick up at airport went as smoothly as possible for Bali, the driver even had a cold face towel and bottle of water for me! Check in was smooth, and I was given yet another drink, this time a fresh fruit cocktail which was divine. One of the staff escorted me to my deluxe cabin room, explaining the various aspects and operations of the room.

The deluxe cabins room featured a king size bed (or two singles in other rooms) with a separate bathroom featuring an outdoor shower. Fear not, the shower isn't visible to the public, it is enclosed but has a glass ceiling with a section of mesh over the shower. I'll include a photo of the shower in my pictures. The room also had a flat screen tv with over 40 channels of local and international tv, a safe in a decent size wardrobe and access to resort wide free wifi. Even though i was on my own, the room was certainly big enough for a couple. The room was serviced daily and was always spotless.

The resort covers quite a large area, and the grounds are full of stunning gardens, statues and buildings. The main entrance is off Jalan Padma, down near the beach at a point where there is little traffic. The front of the hotel faces Legian Beach, and is separated only by a narrow road which is closed to traffic, so it is quite safe and easy to walk across to the beach. I cannot praise the grounds enough, the staff responsible for the gardens especially deserve congratulations. See my photos for some examples of the grounds.

In regard to the renovations, yes there is a large area barriered off where the old pool was located. From the adult pool it is easy (and interesting) to watch the works progressing. I never heard any noise from the works, and the temporary pool was more than ok as a replacement. At no time did this pool feel over crowded, even though it is smaller than the pool it replaced. I moved between the adult pool and temp pool and both were excellent, with great bar and food service. I'll include photos of the pool and new pool in my review pics.

Under the pool renovation deal both breakfast and dinner was included in the room rate. Breakfast is amazing. A huge range that varies each day, plus regulars you would expect at all times. The egg station also has a pancake station, and I quickly became a fan of their banana pancake! Other options include fresh fruits and fruit juices, cereals, yoghurts, cold meats and salad, congee, bread rolls, toast, sourdough, pastries and a range of hot foods from baked beans to beef rendang. Yum. Dinner was also a buffet arrangement with a different theme each night. It was a great backup if you didn't feel like eating out, and the food was of pretty good quality. On various nights there is also music or dance entertainment provided.

The tour desk was a vital service, and i ended deferring to them to make bookings, as they usually could get a better price than I was able to, and organise transport, usually for no additional charge. They tour guys did everything possible to make sure i had a great stay, and it is with these folks I probably developed the closest relationship.

Overall the hotel checked all the boxes in terms of a resort. The staff were incredibly friendly, from the reception staff to drivers to grounds staff and cleaners. None would walk past without acknowledging you. The room was great, the bed comfortable, the aircon worked and the shower was different and memorable. The location made it an easy walk to most local attractions and shopping, and of course right on Legian Beach. There is a spa on site, but I didn't make use of this facility. I certainly hope to return in the future to see the new pool area, as it looks like it will be amazing.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Wow what a wonderful Hotel.... We have just returned after 8 nights at the Mandira...yes we were made fully aware that the pools were under renovation..prior to booking, the Mandira is located almost on the beach.
They do have an adult only infinity pool on the rooftop of which overlooks the beach.
They have two temporary pools, while thier new pool in under construction.
The smaller of the two pools worried me as they have brick like steps in the water, so we swam elsewhere with our 2year old.
In saying that we were compensated with all of our evening meals Which changed nightly they were all yummy smorgasbords....just loved the desserts......to finish off with.
We also had our breakfast included of which we upgraded on arrival for $3.00 per adult per day to eat at Parasol the restaurant at the front of the resort overlooking the beach.
We stayed in 2 deluxe cottages with interconnecting door, our group consisted of 3 generations with eldest 56 32 and a 2 year old very quite hotel no noisy street out front.
We also used the kids club on one occasion, they have organized activities great......
Also we had a babysitter for two hours one day to venture out for our daily massage..
Will definately return the new pool design is amazing.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Firstly, what a shame the pool was under construction and yes we should have looked at their web site BUT they should not be charging full price!!! this is a disgrace please be wary !!!! That was only the first of many disappointments!!! The food in this establishment leaves a lot to be desired. in a word terrible !!! Wi fi frustrating... On the up side staff friendly, rooms good we had a cottage but not worth the money... Handy to shopping but better deals next door..the saving grace the Spa, treatments amazing .

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Bali Mandira Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!