“Needs a change!! Over rated” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Bali Mandira Beach Resort & Spa

You added Bali Mandira Beach Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Bali Mandira Beach Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jalan Padma No. 2, Kuta (Legian Beach), Legian, Bali 80362, Indonesia   |
Special Price
25% off room rate
Ranked #8 of 66 Hotels in Legian
Ko Samui, Thailand
“Needs a change!! Over rated”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

Great location, however, this resort needs a change! The rooms are very basic. No attention to cleanliness especially in the bathrooms. The pool is under renovation and this does affect your overall experience. The hotel rates are however high and comparable to other 5star resorts in the area. We discovered this when we arrived. Breakfast is very basic and the location for breakfast is appalling, while there are other better located restaurants at the resort. The manager does not take the initiative to meet guests and the staff are focused on selling rooms at higher rates, instead of ensuring that the guest has a good experience, by offering to change room locations or other options to better your stay. We loved Bali and spent most of our time outside our resort, however, would have loved to relax at our hotel for a day, but was not encouraged to do so. We stayed for 8 nights and had breakfast twice (not happy afterwards) and did not spend any time at the restaurants or pool area. Pity for the hotel, as we normally would have supported our hotel for meals, massages, etc. the Internet connection and the blow dryer is a joke for a resort of this rating!!! Lastly, the staff are not empowered and do not take guest feedback seriously!!!

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (336)
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Perth, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

Flew over to Bali and looked at multiple venues to get married in, heard this was a favourite for weddings so met with management booked the whole thing, went through every single detail imaginable, paid a deposit and they assured me everything will be perfect. Communication skills are terrible, they never told me About the reno's they had booked, found that out by myself, would have to chase them up about everything. Sent out invites to over 100 guests, over 50 couples booked accommodation and 5 weeks before my wedding they tell me the renovations are not going to be finished. And that as a sorry they would give all guests a beer before the ceremony (are you kidding me). They weren't helpful at all and very calm, they didn't care the slightest that I was Paying nearly 15,000$ for a wedding venue that looked like Bomb had hit it! Had to plan a whole new wedding in a week and send out new invites, cancel all accommodation and find a hotel and venue last minute to accommodate for every body. After I changed aNd cancelled everything turns out they they lied and it will be finished but they lied to accommodate for their opening of their pool by having a party on the same night that was ment to be my wedding. The worst experience of my life! The amount of tears cried could fill an ocean. Do not get married here, unless you want an unprofessional nightmare of a wedding. Has honestly been the most stressful and worst experience of my life

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

Thank you to the Bali Mandira for making our stay so wonderful.

Friendly, happy and helpful staff.
Great Meals.
Great Room.
Beautifully manicured gardens. We particularly loved the water feature outside our block 9207. Every day it had a new flower or animal design. We would delight in seeing the new design every morning. This showed that ever the smallest detail was given attention. This told the story well.
Great deal- included breakfast, dinner and transfers.
High level of security at the front and back of the hotel. We even saw a staff member circulating at night with a torch to ensure that there were no intruders lurking around in the dark corners of the garden.. We felt safe particularly as there have been recent stories of intruders in Bali accommodation.
What can I say?
We would love to come again. The pool under construction looks absolutely wonderful and we would love to come again and see it completed.
Jim and Silvia.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Hobart, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

I have just returned home after a 10 night stay at Bali Mandira resort and it is fair to say the resort was the highlight of my time in Bali.

Picking good accommodation can be quite difficult, and you certainly don't want to get to your destination and find it is not what you hoped or expected. Mixed reviews certainly do not help. I booked Bali Mandira based on overall positive reviews, location and price. At the time of booking and stay there were pool renovations underway which are very well advertised on the resort website and facebook page, and a special rate of 50% off plus free dinner each night and other inclusions jumps out from their web site. It seemed like good value to me, but still at the upper end of my budget, being close to $200 a night for a cottage room by the time tax is included.

I had several emails with the reservation team prior to arrival, all were prompt and answered any questions I had. Full marks to that team. a few days prior to arrival i received a confirmation email and request for airport arrival details for transport so I was happy everything was in order for my stay.

Pick up at airport went as smoothly as possible for Bali, the driver even had a cold face towel and bottle of water for me! Check in was smooth, and I was given yet another drink, this time a fresh fruit cocktail which was divine. One of the staff escorted me to my deluxe cabin room, explaining the various aspects and operations of the room.

The deluxe cabins room featured a king size bed (or two singles in other rooms) with a separate bathroom featuring an outdoor shower. Fear not, the shower isn't visible to the public, it is enclosed but has a glass ceiling with a section of mesh over the shower. I'll include a photo of the shower in my pictures. The room also had a flat screen tv with over 40 channels of local and international tv, a safe in a decent size wardrobe and access to resort wide free wifi. Even though i was on my own, the room was certainly big enough for a couple. The room was serviced daily and was always spotless.

The resort covers quite a large area, and the grounds are full of stunning gardens, statues and buildings. The main entrance is off Jalan Padma, down near the beach at a point where there is little traffic. The front of the hotel faces Legian Beach, and is separated only by a narrow road which is closed to traffic, so it is quite safe and easy to walk across to the beach. I cannot praise the grounds enough, the staff responsible for the gardens especially deserve congratulations. See my photos for some examples of the grounds.

In regard to the renovations, yes there is a large area barriered off where the old pool was located. From the adult pool it is easy (and interesting) to watch the works progressing. I never heard any noise from the works, and the temporary pool was more than ok as a replacement. At no time did this pool feel over crowded, even though it is smaller than the pool it replaced. I moved between the adult pool and temp pool and both were excellent, with great bar and food service. I'll include photos of the pool and new pool in my review pics.

Under the pool renovation deal both breakfast and dinner was included in the room rate. Breakfast is amazing. A huge range that varies each day, plus regulars you would expect at all times. The egg station also has a pancake station, and I quickly became a fan of their banana pancake! Other options include fresh fruits and fruit juices, cereals, yoghurts, cold meats and salad, congee, bread rolls, toast, sourdough, pastries and a range of hot foods from baked beans to beef rendang. Yum. Dinner was also a buffet arrangement with a different theme each night. It was a great backup if you didn't feel like eating out, and the food was of pretty good quality. On various nights there is also music or dance entertainment provided.

The tour desk was a vital service, and i ended deferring to them to make bookings, as they usually could get a better price than I was able to, and organise transport, usually for no additional charge. They tour guys did everything possible to make sure i had a great stay, and it is with these folks I probably developed the closest relationship.

Overall the hotel checked all the boxes in terms of a resort. The staff were incredibly friendly, from the reception staff to drivers to grounds staff and cleaners. None would walk past without acknowledging you. The room was great, the bed comfortable, the aircon worked and the shower was different and memorable. The location made it an easy walk to most local attractions and shopping, and of course right on Legian Beach. There is a spa on site, but I didn't make use of this facility. I certainly hope to return in the future to see the new pool area, as it looks like it will be amazing.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Wow what a wonderful Hotel.... We have just returned after 8 nights at the Mandira...yes we were made fully aware that the pools were under renovation..prior to booking, the Mandira is located almost on the beach.
They do have an adult only infinity pool on the rooftop of which overlooks the beach.
They have two temporary pools, while thier new pool in under construction.
The smaller of the two pools worried me as they have brick like steps in the water, so we swam elsewhere with our 2year old.
In saying that we were compensated with all of our evening meals Which changed nightly they were all yummy smorgasbords....just loved the desserts......to finish off with.
We also had our breakfast included of which we upgraded on arrival for $3.00 per adult per day to eat at Parasol the restaurant at the front of the resort overlooking the beach.
We stayed in 2 deluxe cottages with interconnecting door, our group consisted of 3 generations with eldest 56 32 and a 2 year old very quite hotel no noisy street out front.
We also used the kids club on one occasion, they have organized activities great......
Also we had a babysitter for two hours one day to venture out for our daily massage..
Will definately return the new pool design is amazing.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Firstly, what a shame the pool was under construction and yes we should have looked at their web site BUT they should not be charging full price!!! this is a disgrace please be wary !!!! That was only the first of many disappointments!!! The food in this establishment leaves a lot to be desired. in a word terrible !!! Wi fi frustrating... On the up side staff friendly, rooms good we had a cottage but not worth the money... Handy to shopping but better deals next door..the saving grace the Spa, treatments amazing .

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Surabaya, Indonesia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

To my disgust paid top dollar to stay here and the pool was a construction site. Did not
Advise upon booking. The pool takes up the whole front of
Hotel. Another couple had wedding booked
And seriously looks
Like a bomb has blown the front half of property away. Absolute disgrace they should be ashamed and not allowed to open or advertise when unsuitable for Opening. Upon complaining they then came up with 100 excuses and lies such as it was my fault for not checking there website first. Then they lied again and told me Agoda (who I booked with) told all customers prior to booking which is a complete lie. Do not stay here ever in your life. Worst customer service and deceitful. 0/100 score

• Stayed March 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Legian
Padma Resort Legian
4.0 of 5 stars 1,298 reviews
The Magani Hotel and Spa
The Stones Hotel - Legian Bali, Autograph Collection
The Royal Beach Seminyak Bali - MGallery Collection

Been to Bali Mandira Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!