GREAT hotel wish we were there now...
We are in Bali for 3 weeks and booked this hotel for just 4 nights of our stay as we wanted to try different places...
This hotel was by far the best. The location is a bit far out but you can hire a moped or get a taxi they are both very cheap!! $5 a day for moped and about $2.50 in taxi one was to get to the shopping and beach!
The rooms are just as they look on the net massive and lovely! The place itself is like a mansion with some great furniture dotted around! ALL ROOMS HAVE A SHOWER! Breakfast is good - its not continental its an amerian which was better for us and included!. Got a great deal of expedia $50au per night couldn't have asked for a better place.
Pool is lovely and we always had it to ourselves lots of sun!
Room service took a while when we ordered pizza BUT when we found out that they had made them from scratch this changed our minds as the food was GREAT! Staff lovely and remember your name!
There is aircon!
There are no english TV channels - well there was one but it didn't work when we were there - don't let this put you off though - there is a DVD player - go buy some DVDs and watch them!
All in all a great hotel - oh forgot to mention a QUIET nights sleep its so quiet round the hotel!!!
We are just up the road in the Seri Suites now and all i am hearing is a VERY ANNOYING LOUD ROOSTER all day all night - I want to be back at this place.......in fact might go back now.....
If you choose to stay here its great and you will get some really great photos!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Delight of Peranakan Culture, It is a cultural destination........Our Hotel & Restaurant located at prime area of Umalas-Kerobokan, Bali’s most sought after area with beautiful beach. Just 5 minutes to Seminyak Shops where you can find Balinese handycraft, modern art galleries, wine shops, silver jewelry, and various clothing shops with from local made until international quality. We provided you mansion with unique design concept with pool view, tropical garden view, and Balinese ricefield view. Established ten years ago as an accommodation in graceful concept with the theme of a royal house, Abian Biu is currently completing a total transformation. This transformation also brings a new name to the accommodation – Abian Biu Mansion – to commence its operation in December 2011.The prime renovation to the Abian Biu lies in the concept which becomes the central theme of Abian Biu Mansion. The Peranakan Culture of coastal area has now become the background of the Abian Biu Mansion, making this unique accommodation a cultural destination to manifest the coastal Peranakan culture of the archipelago.The coastal Peranakan is a symbol of acculturation of cultures and multicultural process through marriages between the Chinese ethnic and the Indonesian population living in the coastal areas of the archipelago since centuries ago. These form of marriages did not only form a new culture but also created a marriage of cultures that enriches the diversity of the archipelago.As a result of this, we now can take delight in a great variety of food and culinary, traditions, fabrics, music, and other kind of arts. Abian Biu Mansion encapsulates the coastal Peranakan culture in a variety of forms to entice your senses. Bian Yue and Amoy, our two new beautifully decorated restaurants in very special ambiance offer you the very rich culinary of the Peranakan.Our 12 rooms available at Abian Biu Mansion bears the theme of Peranakan as found in the coastal areas of the archipelago such as Palembang, Lasem, Cirebon, Pekalongan, Semarang, Tuban, and Singaraja. Each of these areas carries its own specific cultural attribute that is adopted as Abian Biu Mansion’s special identity.The owner of Abian Biu Mansion, Yoseph interestingly reiterates “For us The Archipelago Coastal Peranakan is much more than a theme of decoration or ornaments one finds at our premises.At the Abian Biu Mansion we want to share the spirit of diversity in the life of our nation.” Further, he says “In addition to that exotic blend of cultures, we make sure that our management is based on very genuine and sincere Indonesian hospitality which is full of dedication.”Abian Biu Mansion is indeed a representation to give an added value in Bali tourism. In responsible tourism, it is highly recommended that we give a cultural experience to our clients. Therefore, Abian Biu Mansion is more than just a tourist accommodation. It is a Cultural Destination................ ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, HotelTravel.com, HostelBookers, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Abian Biu Mansion reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Abian Biu Residence Hotel Kerobokan
- Abian Biu Mansion Bali/Kerobokan