“BEAUTIFUL place!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Papillon Garden Villas by Premier Hospitality Asia

You added Papillon Garden Villas by Premier Hospitality Asia to your Saves list
Papillon Garden Villas by Premier Hospitality Asia
3.5 of 5 Condominium   |   Jl. Raya Bumbak 100, Anyar Kelod, Kerobokan, Bali 80361, Indonesia   |
“BEAUTIFUL place!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

I saw the villa on Groupon at a really affordable price so I booked it, albeit with some anxiety about whether it would turn out to be one of those "too good to be true" deals. I read the great reviews after booking it, but was still slightly nervous. Turns out we needn't have worried!

The moment we stepped into the villa, it took our breath away. It's incredibly spacious and extremely comfortable for four people. There are two bedrooms (with very comfortable and luxurious beds), two bathrooms (one of which has a bathtub and a shower, and it's the biggest bathroom I've ever been in), a living room with a television, an equipped kitchen, and a dining room area. There is a sweet little lounge area on the second floor, where the bedrooms are, and there's a small pavilion with cushions that you can sit on at the rooftop, which was by far my favourite part of the villa. Every part of the villa felt very comfortable and lovely.

The pool area is as it looks in the pictures, but it was rather dirty so we didn't swim in it. There are also a couple of lizards here and there but it wasn't bad enough to bother us. Each bedroom had a plug-in mosquito repellant, which was very effective in keeping the mosquitoes out of the room. There is also a safe in each bedroom for you to store your valuable items. My friend had some trouble with hers at first, but the villa staff came to her assistance very promptly.

The daily breakfast provided was okay, but make sure to eat it quickly as there are a lot of flies and ants around the first level of the villa, especially if you open the doors. Quite a usual occurrence in Bali. I would recommend the Asian selection over the Western one.

As beautiful as the villa itself was, the staff was definitely what made it such a wonderful stay. They are very hospitable and welcoming, and the check-in/check-out processes are as hassle-free as you can get. We arrived late at night on our first day, after our flight had been delayed by more than an hour, and felt quite guilty about the driver having to wait for us. But he was very patient and friendly! And everyone from the reception staff to the friendly night security guard (who was such a sweetheart the whole time) was really eager to help us settle in. They are very helpful with directions, calling taxis, booking restaurants, and ordering in food. Some of them were especially cheerful, and always happy to help. It was an incredibly pleasant experience.

We didn't really have a problem with getting around, although the villa is situated away from the main shopping/dining areas. As mentioned earlier, the villa reception is always ready to help you call a taxi, and they're so cheap that you'll feel like taking cabs everywhere. There is a convenience store right opposite the villa where you can buy food, and another 24/7 convenience store (Circle K) located about 5 minutes away by taxi. The villa can be unfamiliar to many taxi drivers, so ensure that you take down the villa's address or get their brochure to show to your driver.

Overall, this was a really wonderful stay, and I fully recommend this villa.

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

The villa was really nice, looked like what was in the pictures, but the pool looked murky and the water had a metallic smell to it.
The service was good, they were all accommodating and friendly.
Overall it was okay, but I don't see the hype over the villa.

Stayed June 2014
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

We were supposed to be staying at D&G Villas (also by Premier Hospitality) but was changed by the management due to a technical fault with the flooring. So we spent 2 nights in Papillon and 3 nights in Tis Villa.

All my emails were replied promptly by the representative. So that was a good notion for us.
A modern concept villa. Clean and simple. We got the villa just by the road. Therefore it was a little noisy. So we requested for a change of villa but there isn't any left. So we just made do with what was offered. The beds were very very comfortable with a spacious master bedroom and a huge toilet. Wifi signals were strong. Breakfast was served promptly. The 3rd floor gazebo had an amazing view of seminyak. Moved our breakfast up once and it was splendid.
A good night cookie was placed on the table for our last night.

However, they do have many lizards. Found one stuck in a glass cup. But that didn't bother us much. Was told that we could plug in our hard disk to watch movies. But the player couldn't read our hard disk. So that's a bummer.

Will recommend this villa for those who need that comfort, space and quietness (provided you get the deeper in villas) in Bali. =)

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

Together with 3 friends, I had booked the villa via Groupon Singapore - even though I realise that there were no reviews and the villas opened only on Aug 2013. It was a risk that paid off when we arrived to be picked up by a friendly driver. Future guests should ask to drop by Jimbaran Bay (excellent beach with beachside dining) as it would be far to visit from the villa.

Checking in was hassle-free and we were immediately given a form to fill in for the next day's breakfast - juice and coffee/tea with local, American, or continental breakfast. A previous reviewer mentioned low water pressure, which we faced (the tap was dripping at the max!). This was promptly resolved with a call to the reception. The water does have an unpleasant smell and is "hard" water (more acidic than Singapore's) which is normal.

A trip to the kuta beach was fraught with traffic jam so be mindful of the time you set off. Even so, the taxi fare cost a mere IDR 70,000. Do note that it is harder to find taxis that have a meter and knows where the villa is. We bargained at IDR 80,000 and directed the driver to Jalan Bumbak. Thereafter, you have to maneuver on your own.

The pool in the villa was a nice touch even though we didn't have the time to take a swim - there's the rest of Bali to explore! Do note that there are mosquitoes so coils, sprays and other deterrents are necessary.

In all, the vacation was made pleasant by the helpful staff. While it is not at the center of the hustle and bustle, the comfort, space, beauty and hospitality at the villa makes up for it. Thumbs up!

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

(5D4N) End May - Early June 2014

Villa was booked through Groupon Singapore. Prompt reply from Putu who assisted with the reservation. We were picked up from the airport and the driver was kind enough to stop us over at Jimbaran for quick lunch by the beach.

We were greeted warmly by the team and was brought to our rooms. The villa is EXACTLY to what you see in pictures on the website and reviews of others here on TripAdvisor.

The villa is located in Keborakan which was far from town area such as Kuta. But the villa is surrounded with rice fields and you will get a true Bali experience. Staffs are always there to assist you to call for taxi. With taxi call booking (average of IDR 80,000 to town area) or charted transportation, location is definitely not an issue.

Simple breakfast served every morning, followed with goodnight a cookie delivered to the villa. A small store located just opposite the villa with really cheap and affordable price items. You can also find a Japanese store, cafe, small restaurant, massage and salon nearby. One night we decided to dine in Japanese into our villa, the team was really nice to walk over to the restaurant to get us the menu.

Do however make sure you bring your universal adaptors. The water does smell weird but I guess that's beyond the villa's control. I do however wish we can bring in more than 4 pax in cause the villa is really huge. If you need any mosquito coil / spray, the villa is really kind to offer you some!

The villa was perfect, equipped with cable channels, wifi. I will strongly strongly recommend this villa to anyone who would like to visit Bali!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014

A week before we arrived at the villa I already managed to exchange emails with the Manager Mr.Putra to help me to arrange a surprise birthday breakfast for my husband. Mr Putra gave me options and assured me that they will do their very best for it to be special and will set it up discreetly.

When we arrived each and every staff welcome us with their warm smile, from the driver who fetch us at the airport, reception officers who welcome us and the and the staff who helped us to carry our luggage and show us our villa. Even the security guards are all friendly and willing to help us in our needs,

Our villa itself is tremendously huge and beautiful!

The surprise breakfast is a success! I even got surprised when we went back to our villa from our city tour on that day because the staff arranged a special birthday decoration in our room.

To Papillon Garden Villas Team, thank you so much for making our vacation extra special and memorable!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

There are many villas in Bali.
I booked this through Groupon Singapore. Before that, I have already communicated via email with the Premier Hospitality Asia, and they promptly reply and confirmed the booking.

The driver picked us with a very nice car, clean, and private.
Then he even drove us to Lunch before heading back to Hotel first.

When I have arrived the villa, the view, cleanliness and the service is totally beyond excellent.

What I can summarize is:
Pro:
1. Clean
2. Smile always on staff face
3. Honesty ( I accidentally left a pack of money in the villa kitchen unlock, when I returned, the money is untouched at all)
4. Staff provide good service. There was 1 day which I was too lazy to go out to restock my drink, the staff helped me to buy it and charge me cheaply, of course, I tips him much more! too worth it!
5. Mosquito net. Before I go, they said they don't have one. I don't know if it because I asked, they actually prepared the net in the room!

Cons:
1. Quite a lot of different bugs in the villa. but this is not really a cons, it is more nature. most of them are harmless insect like dragonfly. not flies, no cockroach and no rat.
2. the dining area is too hot, may request a fan there.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Papillon Garden Villas by Premier Hospitality Asia? Share your experiences!