“Good service and good food..” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 103 Restaurants in Kerobokan
Cuisines: South American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
“Good service and good food..”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

This was my second visit to Barbacoa - food and ambience is good..service is the key aspect here and staff is caring...

• Indonesian first
Singapore, Singapore
“Top restaurant contender - watch this space”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014 via mobile

Ok I'm not going to be carried away like I've been reading with everyone raving about how excellent this restaurant is, because it doesn't yet have the track record of consistently excellent performance. But it does deserve Very Good because it simply is. All ships need a captain and the front of house is managed by a highly capable one that manages customers and staff alike very adeptly (no names, she knows who she is...). The place is run like clockwork and the staff obviously enjoy working there.

The theme is simplicity and this adds to the ambience and the experience and frankly others should take note. The bar staff are some of the best on the island for their imaginative concoctions and if you like spicy there are some drinks that will leave you breathless. The food is about fresh ingredients and taste and the BBQ dish of the day (a version of Babi Guling) was mouth watering.

What's Hot: The food and the service and all at a reasonable price for that area (they are almost next door to iconic Métis). The quality of the food and it's simplicity leaves you feeling like you've just had a home cooked meal by a top chef. It's tapas style so be prepared to share and the portions are a good size so we didn't leave hungry. The Wine list is good, but the cocktails are the thing here and I'd go back for some of them alone.

What's Not: The outside balcony is a nice place to sit but it needs some fans to keep the air circulating (I didn't see any), so I would pick indoors - the problem here is that it's a large space and gets noisy. The upstairs section wasn't open so that will only add to the din when it gets underway. Avoid the touts when you leave and walk to the road to get a taxi - save your self being robbed blind.

Would I go back - yes, definitely. Going to be hard to keep the well trained staff though...

Visited February 2014
“Devine!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

Last night my friends and I had dinner at Barbacoa and wow wow wow ! Seriously every bite was amazing ! Pulled pork slider ...yum! Smokey tuna.... yum! Soft fish tacos ...yum! and the pork with crackling taken straight from the open fire pit was ridiculous ! Even the crunchy potatoes were something to dream about ..well done to geniuses in this kitchen ! you guys are the Shizzz! I'll take every opportunity to eat here as much as I can :)))

Perth
“Yummo!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014 via mobile

We ate at Barbacoa last Fri night and couldn't fault our experience. The food and was delicious and service exceptional.
Adam take your wife's advise and get that tasting plate on the menu for dessert!! Ros Bycroft and gang Perth

Visited February 2014
Sydney, Australia
“PLEASE READ! AMAZING FOOD. SPECTACULAR EXPERIENCE! ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

I have eaten at many restaurants around the world, some cheap and some expensive, but one thing every restaurant has in common is there aim at satisfying customers right? Customer service?! Let me just begin with how incredible my experience at Barbacoa was. The moment you walk in, you are greeted by a young beautiful Indonesian door lady who was very attentive to our needs. ( smoking or non smoking? Inside or outside? What view would you like? ) she didn't just sit us down at any available table for two.. She was very patient and had a genuine smile on her face the moment we walked in. As we walked through the restaurant, past the spectacular open fire pit of a pig on a spit and open kitchen space, every single staff member greeted us with an ear to ear smile and a " hello " making me feel so welcome and excited but nervous at the same time because I did not know what to expect. I already felt special before I was seated. Our waiter was Ari. He ticked all the boxes for the best customer service. I come from a background of customer service of 9 years and I was just amazed at how perfect he was. Ari was very humanistic, friendly, honest and excited. Ari was not our servent. Ari was our friend. He hosted a spectacular dinner for my girlfriend and I. He took the time to explain the menu into full detail, and my partner is South American and she was amazed with his incredible knowledge of the food on the menu. You could see the extreme passion and pride and confidence in his eyes that he has for this restaurant and his high respect for the owner/chef Adam. The design of the restaurant is spectacular, an open plan setting with a high ceiling, dim lightig and candles lit on each table. The details in the decorative tiling, to the dark wooden walls that join to dark brick walls to large glazed areas open to the rice fields was absolutely spectacular no matter where you are seated. My girlfriend and I ordered everything at once as we came with big appetites! We ordered from the tapas menu: grilled corn on a cob that had amazing flavour!!! Betroot and walnut goats cheese salad ( The walnuts were the freshest walnuts I have ever tasted, the goats cheese was flavoursome and creamy. I was hesitant on trying the goats cheese, but once I tried it, I was shocked.. I wanted to order 3 more of the same dish because of how delicious it was!!!). & lastly cauliflower w/chickpeas and a creamy base ( my girlfriend picked this dish as I am not a fan of cauliflower, and all I can say about this dish is she didn't stand a chance against me when it came to eating it. I finished the entire plate! ) Our mains were: grilled octopus, spicy chorizo with a side of red pepper jam or chimmichurri ( I was indecisive on the sauce to order so Adam gave us both to try! They were both equally amazing and full of flavour, I recommend trying both because they are both equally tasteful and different at the same time. Thank you Adam.) and lastly we ordered the asado of the day which was the pig on the spit. I literally cannot flaw this restaurant on ANYTHING. The food was the cooked to perfection. I distinctly remember sitting there saying to my partner " this restaurant is giving me goosebumps, it's making me fall in love with foods that I thought I didn't like... ". Now to the customer service, ARI. Ari took the time to get to know us personally, our names, little details of our lives, and our interest and plans in Bali. He was not just making conversation, he was genuinely interested. We told him we were interested in going to ubud, I told him I also love waterfalls.. Ari took the time to write down an entire days plan for us to do in visiting ubud. He advised us to get a driver and follow this plan as he is from a village in ubud and knows that drivers get commissions from taking tourists to certain places and he did not want is to get ripped off, he wanted us to experience ubud for its true culture and heritage that only locals know about. He was so caring and compassionate. He wrote down an itinerary and his phone number. He told us if the driver gets lost, call his phone and he will guide us. This was a whole extra mile that Ari took to make our whole experience in Bali an unforgettable one. I told Adam that I have fallen in love with Ari and I want to take him back to Australia with me! Now back to the food and customer service, as we ordered three main meat dishes, Ari came back and offered to bring them out separately so they do not get cold which we found very considerate. Great idea! We got to appreciate the food at our own slow pace as it came out dish after dish warm and tender and full of spice and flavour. Ari knew I was from the Middle East, and very kindly and hesitantly and respectfully he asked me if I was aware the asado of the day was pork which I then laughed and said yes it's okay I am Christian I can eat it, he was very apologetic and sensitive and I just wanted to squeeze and hug him!!! My partner and I were just amazed by how considerate he was to our needs. The desserts. Wow. Wow. Wow. Whatever you order, WOW!!!!!!!!!!! We saw them coming out to other tables and we did not know what to order... We wanted it all. I ordered the white chocolate and honeycomb ice cream sandwich. I did not expect what came out. At all. My jaw literally dropped. My girlfriend laughed at how amazed I was. I had goosebumps the second I tasted it. It was not just simple ice cream. It was tastefully white chocolate ice cream with honeycomb pieces with a top and bottom of burnt fresh honey comb JUST WOW!!!!! My partner ordered the creme Catalan which was smooth and sweet with an Argentinian twist. We will definitely be going back to the restaurant. We did not have any cocktails, but I will make this last comment... The water was so refreshingly cold that it did not need ice! And I know that people travel to Bali and are hesitant on drinks with ice ( like myself ) and I was just soooo happy that I could wash my food down with ice cold still water that had no ice! PERFECT.
To Adam, congratulations. You have done an amazing job. From the design, to the furniture, the setting, the staff, the food, the service.. One incredible experience. I had an ear to ear smile with goosebumps the entire night. The restaurant makes you fall in love. It makes you fall in love with the food and the staff, and it made me fall in love all over again with the person who took me to dine there.