“Great hotel, a little out or the way” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Balisani Suites

You added Grand Balisani Suites to your Saves list
Grand Balisani Suites
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Jalan Batubelig Beach | Po Box 3193, Kerobokan, Bali 80031, Indonesia   |
Ranked #9 of 21 Hotels in Kerobokan
Perth, Australia
“Great hotel, a little out or the way”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2010

Stayed here with our teenage (18) son...Getting there about 9.30pm we sat by the pool and had some drinks and a pizza. So good that we has a few more drinks and more pizza. Great hotel and we thoroughly enjoyed staying here. A little out of the way which meant the hotel shuttle into Legian/Kuta as was too far to walk. The room were a good size which is always a must in my view. Breakfast was what I would call the normal selection of hot and cold foods, with eggs cooked to your wish. Great to start the day having breakfast overlooking the ocean. We used room service quite a bit and was pleasantly surprised at the bill when we left. The pool is not huge but then again so is the hotel. This is the way we like it. Having a swim at night was relaxing helped by swimming up to the bar and having a beer. No problems getting picked up at the hotel by tour bus etc so unless you really want to be in the hustle and bustle of Legian/Kuta then this is a great place to have a relaxing break.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Mebourne,
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2010

Have stayed in many resort hotels in Bali for the last 8 years. This is the worst I've ever stayed at! We asked and paid for a sea/pool view, after walking up 4 flights of stairs, there is no lift, the room was very basic. The bathroom looked like it had been renovated, but in the 2 weeks we were there, the bathroom mirror and the toilet were never cleaned. Being there in their 'ramadan', the staff were very limited. The internet, wireless is not free (50,000Rp) and it drops out all the time. To travel into Kuta took 1 hr by curtesy bus (but no return trip) and by cab about 40mins and traffic is bad. Too far away from everything. Menu at the Hotel resturant is very ordinary and not much variety. 10 mins down the road by cab is a great place to eat, Rustica, italian cusine and beautiful food. Look elsewhere if I was you, there are many other places a lot better for the same price. Don't be fooled by the photos on the net, like we were!

Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2010

Stayed here in total for 2 weeks.
Its buildings and garden have a great atmosphere with a Balinese feel to it.
Its located beyond Seminyak, so good spot if you want to relax and not be in the buzz of Kuta/Legian. Walk on the beach to Seminyak is about 20/25minutes, cab ride isn't that expensive either. Hotel does have a shuttle to Kuta (few times a day) but no return shuttle (you need a taxi)

Room I had was big with balcony with garden / sea from the side views. Very spacious bathroom with walk-in shower, decent size bath and was kept very well clean the whole vacation; same thing for the rest of the room.
Only thing that didn't worked that fine was the tv. And sometimes (4 times) the electronic roomkey didn't work (it locked me out), but that was swiftely repaired at the frontdesk.

Staff was always helpfull and very friendly (like you find in a lot of places in Bali)
Pool was big enough and had enough chairs around it to relax in the sun and so.
Pool-Bar was also a plus.

Breakfast was ok for me (but I am not a real breakfast kinda guy...) Having dinner at the hotel was good but if you look really good around you, even close to the hotel you can find spots wiht at least same level of food (several times even better!) for less! Those Warungs are just great for that matter.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo
phoenix, az
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2010

we recently stayed at the Grand Balisani for 6 nights. We had booked the garden view room which was inexpensive but the only one available on the internet. The room was "tired" and looked out not on a garden but another building. We fortunately were able to up grade to a villa suite at 2X the price but for $170.00 US got a beautiful villa with patio and a georgeous bathroom right on the beach. This was a much better deal than other comparable priced beach front rooms in Seminyak or legion. we usually stay at the Sofitel which 240 this year, and sold out, and the villa is better. Breakfast good, hotel gets taxi's for you which are cheap and about the same distance to "eat Street" as the Sofitel. Nearer to Meti, Blossom,Sarong and some other great restaurants.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2010

Having booked over the internet and not knowing what to expect from this hotel, we were all pleasantly surprised to have found a lovely place to stay for our holiday. It is best described as traditional Balinese style hotel, not like the big American style hotels. We originally booked to stay for 1 week with the intention to stay another week at another hotel in tuban/legian area, however when we looked around found that the quality of rooms and the general feel of the hotels did not compare to Grand Balisani Suites. Our room was very big and the bathroom was amazingly big and clean, we stayed in the garden rooms, our friends were in the bungalow which is awesome, four poster bed with a day bed and the bathroom is the biggest I've ever seen. If you prefer Seminyak to Tuban area, then this is a good location, easy 20 min walk on beach to Ku De Ta etc. If you prefer to be in the hub of all the shopping then this is a taxi ride away.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
Jakarta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2010

Relaxed away from busy tourist spots but also not in walking distance of other restaurants

• Stayed July 2010
Sydney
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2010

I rocked up to this hotel in a taxi with no reservations and was told at about 10am they had a room for US$110 which I thought was very very expensive. I couldn't look at the room because the previous people had not checked out, so I waited ti mid afternoon to see the room. When I did, it stunk of sewerage, so I was told I could see another room which also smelt.

I was literally getting upset because I'd had some great experiences in Ubud at other hotels and this ending of my holiday in Bali was ruined because of a smelly hotel and I was sick and didn't have much energy to go searching for other hotels. The manager was lovely (in the hotels defence) and he upgraded me to a Garden Suite which was really nice.

This may seem harsh given the review I'm giving, but I do think the hotel is old, run down and has no taste. The breakfast is a buffet and so westernised. Do people not want authentic Bali? I think (also in defence of Balisani) that the whole kuta/legian/seminyak area is feral.

If you stay, make sure you get a good deal. Also realise that it is a fair way to get to Seminyak or Legian.

Everything here was expensive - even the massage - US$25 plus they want tax on top (which of course I didn't realise until after the massage). I don't like people trying to be sneaky and I also dont like prices being in US$.

Final Say: Stay somewhere else

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo

Been to Grand Balisani Suites? Share your experiences!