“stay in the garden villas” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Balisani Suites

You added Grand Balisani Suites to your Saves list
Grand Balisani Suites
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Jalan Batubelig Beach | Po Box 3193, Kerobokan, Bali 80031, Indonesia   |
Ranked #9 of 21 Hotels in Kerobokan
phoenix, az
“stay in the garden villas”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2010

we recently stayed at the Grand Balisani for 6 nights. We had booked the garden view room which was inexpensive but the only one available on the internet. The room was "tired" and looked out not on a garden but another building. We fortunately were able to up grade to a villa suite at 2X the price but for $170.00 US got a beautiful villa with patio and a georgeous bathroom right on the beach. This was a much better deal than other comparable priced beach front rooms in Seminyak or legion. we usually stay at the Sofitel which 240 this year, and sold out, and the villa is better. Breakfast good, hotel gets taxi's for you which are cheap and about the same distance to "eat Street" as the Sofitel. Nearer to Meti, Blossom,Sarong and some other great restaurants.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2010

Having booked over the internet and not knowing what to expect from this hotel, we were all pleasantly surprised to have found a lovely place to stay for our holiday. It is best described as traditional Balinese style hotel, not like the big American style hotels. We originally booked to stay for 1 week with the intention to stay another week at another hotel in tuban/legian area, however when we looked around found that the quality of rooms and the general feel of the hotels did not compare to Grand Balisani Suites. Our room was very big and the bathroom was amazingly big and clean, we stayed in the garden rooms, our friends were in the bungalow which is awesome, four poster bed with a day bed and the bathroom is the biggest I've ever seen. If you prefer Seminyak to Tuban area, then this is a good location, easy 20 min walk on beach to Ku De Ta etc. If you prefer to be in the hub of all the shopping then this is a taxi ride away.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
Jakarta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2010

Relaxed away from busy tourist spots but also not in walking distance of other restaurants

• Stayed July 2010
Sydney
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2010

I rocked up to this hotel in a taxi with no reservations and was told at about 10am they had a room for US$110 which I thought was very very expensive. I couldn't look at the room because the previous people had not checked out, so I waited ti mid afternoon to see the room. When I did, it stunk of sewerage, so I was told I could see another room which also smelt.

I was literally getting upset because I'd had some great experiences in Ubud at other hotels and this ending of my holiday in Bali was ruined because of a smelly hotel and I was sick and didn't have much energy to go searching for other hotels. The manager was lovely (in the hotels defence) and he upgraded me to a Garden Suite which was really nice.

This may seem harsh given the review I'm giving, but I do think the hotel is old, run down and has no taste. The breakfast is a buffet and so westernised. Do people not want authentic Bali? I think (also in defence of Balisani) that the whole kuta/legian/seminyak area is feral.

If you stay, make sure you get a good deal. Also realise that it is a fair way to get to Seminyak or Legian.

Everything here was expensive - even the massage - US$25 plus they want tax on top (which of course I didn't realise until after the massage). I don't like people trying to be sneaky and I also dont like prices being in US$.

Final Say: Stay somewhere else

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo

Been to Grand Balisani Suites? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Grand Balisani Suites

Address: Jalan Batubelig Beach | Po Box 3193, Kerobokan, Bali 80031, Indonesia
Location: Indonesia > Bali > Kerobokan
Bar / Lounge Beach Business Center with Internet Access Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Children Activities ( Kid / Family Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Spa Suites Swimming Pool
#5 Spa Hotel in Kerobokan
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Grand Balisani Suites 3.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Agoda, HotelTravel.com, AsiaRooms, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, HostelWorld, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Grand Balisani Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Grand Balisani Hotel Kerobokan
Grand Balisani Kerobokan
Grand Balisani Suites Bali/Kerobokan

If you own or manage Grand Balisani Suites, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.