“It was fantastic” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 90 Restaurants in Kerobokan
Cuisines: Asian, Steakhouse, Tapas, Pasta
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Delivery, Late Night
Description: Purposely located off the beaten paths of nearby Oberoi and Kerobokan streets, SCRATCH is a new restaurant serving up "homecooked, like your momma did it, Sunday dinner, comfort food". SCRATCH is a needle in the haystack (or rice field in this case), located on a quiet street only five minutes away from Seminyak Square. SCRATCH is smoke-free and air conditioned with an outside patio for smoking and hanging out. It's got a relaxed atmosphere and hip decor, as the walls are lined with vibrant concert posters from bands like Cake, Arcade Fire and Kings of Leon, and more than likely you'll be hearing similar bands over the speakers. The menu is equally inviting, and can best be described as gourmet comfort food. But clearly the Canadian chef/owner (conveniently nicknamed Moose) won't settle for "mom's recipes", as it is obvious he enjoys putting a unique twist on most of his dishes. Signature steaks, rustic pastas, tapas, American classics, Asian favourites, and great specials during Happy Hour (8pm-10pm)...and you can wash it all down with a mango martini or a frosty mug of beer. So, if you've got an itch...come and SCRATCH it!! NOTE: The map provided by Trip Advisor has us pinned in the wrong location. So, please call us for directions, or just jump in a taxi and tell them "Scratch restaurant, Jalan Pengubengan Kauh, next to Pengubengan Banjar". Thanks, and hope to see you here soon.
Bali
“It was fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2014 NEW

Everything we eat yesterday was absolutely stunning. We were really impressed with the fantastic food and an amazing dessert. It was really a party in my mouth :) Also an great staff!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

93% Recommend
Perth
“I have a itch to go back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2014 NEW via mobile

Where do I start? Scratch like mentioned is a bit out the way and off the main tourist area but it is well worth the 5 minute trip out of the tourist area.

We went as a group of about 18 and were more than looked after. The owner was more than happy to cater for us and tell a few Canadian jokes. For starters we all had the bruschetta with bacon. The bruschetta was nice, I personally would of like a balsamic through it, but defiantly would get it again. For mains we all had either the Philly steak or ribs. I was lucky enough to try both and both had my mouth watering going back for more. Words can not describe how good both meals were, I have an itch to eat them both again. For desert we had the New York and again my mouth watered. The ice cream was fantastic tasted homemade. I'm not fan on cookies and cream ice cream, but this is an exception. The brownie was not over the top or too rich, it was just perfect.

I love the decor of this place. It's a funky little restaurant that won't disappoint. Little can I say I will defiantly be back. This will be the first place I come to.

Visited August 2014
“very good and nice place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

Good food cooked with love! Nice place and excellent service too. Price good. Perfect! Thank you. Recommended

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Seminyak, Indonesia
“The word is WOW”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

I have just had the BEST dining experience I have had, in a long time, at this restaurant. It was by sheer luck, and my sheer fruststion with the parking man at the restaurant down the road, that brought us to Scratch and I have to say that we arent disappointed

ROASTED GARLIC & BACON BRUSCHETTA - excellent

ULTIMATE STEAK QUESADILLA - excellent

CANADIAN PIE - excellent

topped off with a dessert called TORONTO...want to know what it is you will have to come and try it

We are looking forward to returning to eat oir way through this delightful

To Aaron, and the team at Scratch, keep up yhe good work

Denpasar
“Balis hidden gem.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014 via mobile

Wow! This is place that you must try if you're in Bali. Location is of the beaten path, but if you managed to make your way here the reward is well worth the trip.

Up on arrival Im always greeted by their very friendly and attentive staff. Better service is hard to find in Bali to be honest..

Also the food is in a category for itself. It is clear that the chef and owner is takes pride in his work.

Price and portion size is very reasonable, and another reason why this is a place that I am more then happy o return to.

Please do yourself a huge favor, and stop by and see for yourself.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere