“Best food I've had in my life! ” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 83 restaurants in Kerobokan
Cuisines: Asian, Steakhouse, Tapas, Pasta
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Delivery, Late Night
Description: Purposely located off the beaten paths of nearby Oberoi and Kerobokan streets, SCRATCH is a new restaurant serving up "homecooked, like your momma did it, Sunday dinner, comfort food". SCRATCH is a needle in the haystack (or rice field in this case), located on a quiet street only five minutes away from Seminyak Square. SCRATCH is smoke-free and air conditioned with an outside patio for smoking and hanging out. It's got a relaxed atmosphere and hip decor, as the walls are lined with vibrant concert posters from bands like Cake, Arcade Fire and Kings of Leon, and more than likely you'll be hearing similar bands over the speakers. The menu is equally inviting, and can best be described as gourmet comfort food. But clearly the Canadian chef/owner (conveniently nicknamed Moose) won't settle for "mom's recipes", as it is obvious he enjoys putting a unique twist on most of his dishes. Signature steaks, rustic pastas, tapas, American classics, Asian favourites, and great specials during Happy Hour (8pm-10pm)...and you can wash it all down with a mango martini or a frosty mug of beer. So, if you've got an itch...come and SCRATCH it!! NOTE: The map provided by Trip Advisor has us pinned in the wrong location. So, please call us for directions, or just jump in a taxi and tell them "Scratch restaurant, Jalan Pengubengan Kauh, next to Pengubengan Banjar". Thanks, and hope to see you here soon.
“Best food I've had in my life! ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014 NEW

Having traveled to Bali yearly I stumbled across scratch the first time last year, seriously the best food I've had in my life! My partner and I are quite the foodies and during our stay we can here 5 times. Aaron the owner is a Canadian who has traveled the world and settled here in Bali offering amazing dishes at ridiculously cheap prices not scrimping on the quality. Anything you have off the menu is nothing short of mouth watering.

92% Recommend
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
“BEST RESTAURANT IN BALI”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014 NEW

I've been to quite a few restaurants in Bali but this is definitely the best! Food is really good quality AND very cheap!! My friend and I also noticed that this is the only restaurant we went to that offers complimentary water. The lunch specials even come with a delicious and refreshing iced tea! (soo good especially on a hot day!) Amazing and friendly staff who are so helpful!!!
Best food in Bali!!

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Dubai
“Excellent! ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014 NEW

Great food and service. Aaron made us feel very welcome. Going back soon for breakfast and another great meal. ..

Byron Bay, Australia
“Excellent food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

We took some friends and family here for dinner and all thoroughly enjoyed! The service was great and food fantastic...I had the Singapore Street food and my partner had the Curry they were both beautiful...it was hard to get a taste of everyone's meals as everyone was busy consuming what was in front of them with vest! Will definitely go back again.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Austin
“We are in love!!! Seriously - go here. ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

We found Scratch on Trip Advisor our first day in Bali and decided to check it out. We are so glad we did! It was the best western food we have had in Southeast Asia. We split the seafood grill & creamy tomato chicken pasta. Both delicious. The portions were a great size and they served filtered water for free - big plus! We stayed to map out the rest of our time here & the owner's girlfriend named Sri came in. She was such a sweetheart! She gave us great advice on what to do in Bali and even gave us her number for if we need anything (it's just us two young girls traveling & she wanted to make sure we were safe). Probably the most friendly person we have ever met during our travels, and we have met a lot!

Can't wait to go back and try the breakfast, it will be hard to choose what to order!