“Heavenly Oasis” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Berry Amour Romantic Villas

You added Berry Amour Romantic Villas to your Saves list
Berry Amour Romantic Villas
4.5 of 5 Villa   |   Jl. Batu Belig, Kerobokan, Bali 80361, Indonesia (Formerly Berry Amour Villas)   |
Cheshire
“Heavenly Oasis”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

Can't say enough good things about Berry Amour villa's, we have been here 6 days and really do not want to leave! The staff are exceptional, so attentive & polite, they really can't do enough for you! The villa's are totally private, your own piece of bliss! We arrived fairly late on our first night so ordered room service and the food was very good & reasonably priced! We wanted to go on a mini tour of the island and reception booked a private driver for us at a good rate. Officially they have a shuttle which runs to Seminyak but realistically they will take you where you want to go in the area when ever there is a driver free, we have never had to wait! A taxi back generally costs 25k (<€2, some drivers will try to charge you more, just check before you drive away!) If we come back to Bali we would book here without hesitation. Can also recommend Meja restaurant in Seminyak for great Mojito's and delish food (Bali ribs highly recommended)! Very sad to leave tomorrow! :(

Room Tip: The rooms nearest the road may be a little noisier, we stayed in Femme which was lovely!

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Mumbai
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

Wanted to travel for my honeymoon and really liked the villas online. However, the sales desk and the manager especially was pathetic and arrogant. First I was refused the online rates (which btw I missed in anticipation of a reply from the reservation desk) and then was quoted a rate higher than best available online rates - what is the point of directly contacting the hotel and making expensive, international calls to make a memorable honeymoon experience. Would not recommend the hospitality to anyone. If the hotel charges as per '5 star' villas and calls itself so, the very basic they need to do is to have a courteous staff, including the reservation desks.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Kade L, General Manager at Berry Amour Romantic Villas, responded to this review, August 31, 2013
Dear Mr. Shah,

It's a romantic day at Berry Amour Villas.

Thank you so much for having contacted us to extend your interest in staying at Berry Amour Villas for your honeymoon getaway as you initially planned in December 16-25, 2013 although it seems that it won’t materialize for the time being due to an unforeseen incident has occurred.

We do apologize for having disappointed you with the rate dispute during your inquiring the desired rate with a failure end. However, we highly appreciate you contacted us directly. As a Sale Manager, her intuition has urged her to optimize revenue management during the upcoming peak season period and it is a normal phenomenon for hotel industry doing when the demand starts hiking. Whether it is salable or not, it does not matter because the demand will be still there. The rates on the online agents are very fluctuating. It will very much depend on the demand, so the rate can’t be the same on the period of booking. Apparently she has tried to help you at her best though but it seems helpless for some reasons.

We certainly understand that there are still some areas need further improvement for our future betterment. We won’t sit back but will strive in modifying our quality service in future. We are sure it is attainable with our great efforts. We know that you have hurt with this very unavoidable dispute at this stage. If there is a room for discussion with an end of materializing your future stay in Berry Amour, it will be a time for you to make your dream come true to experience our entire hospitality during your upcoming holiday into the island of Paradise Bali. You may contact us for this.

What surprised us is you have never stayed in Berry Amour but you posted your comments as though you stayed in Berry Amour. We highly request your kindness from deep inside of your heart to revoke it since our understanding is only those who stay in the property have the privileges to post their comments about their stay. Once again, so sorry for having disappointed you with the rate dispute.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

Easily the best place we've stayed on our 12 trips to bali. The staff are amazing, the place incredible, i don't think the professional photos do it justice. Every time you walk out of the place theres someone in there tidying your room. They even come in and turn down your bed before you go to sleep. The lighting at night is awesome, the pool has a waterfall and you have a private jacuzzi... heaven! Like every place I stay in Bali im always cautious about my laptop and phone, but the security is fine, I had no problems leaving it out. The staff seemed very trustworthy. Its a short drive to the main street of Seminyak, or a long walk, which is probably its only down point. But we discovered theres a heap of BETTER places to eat in-between, which was awesome.

Breakfast is included, and its not too bad, we skipped it a few mornings, but its still a good option if you want to kick back by your pool and eat!

All in all, I dont think ill be able to stay anywhere else again... you really cant beat this place for value. It really made this trip one that will stand out for us!

Room Tip: try get one near the front if you dont want to walk to the back every day!
Melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

Berry Amour is just like the pictures - superb! The staff are incredibly helpful and nothing is too much trouble. Located on Batu Belig, it's only a 3 min/2 AUD taxi to Seminyak shops/restaurants. As the villas are new, all the furnishings and TV/Wifi works well. Highly recommend.

Room Tip: Ask for a villa that gets maximum sun exposure. Some villas get limited sun.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Kade L, General Manager at Berry Amour Romantic Villas, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Dear Andy,

It’s a romantic day at Berry Amour Villas.

Thank you so much for posting your brief and wonderful reviews about your recent stay in Berry Amour Villas. Your review has made us so glad to know that you enjoyed your stay. We greatly appreciate that you highly recommend Berry Amour Romantic Villas to the netizens.

Look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back into Berry Amour Romantic Villas in near future.

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

My wife and I stayed at Berry Amour 1-16 August 2013. The Villas are a very high standard, breakfast was average, we actually ended cooking our own. The GM informed us there chef is starting on 1 Sept, that will make a difference. The staff were fantastic and couldn't do enough for us. At times though, I felt that they didn't quite understand our request but they made great efforts to satisfy us. At around the $250-$300 AUD per night this is great value. The themed villas are comfortable and private, the pool and spa are great. The location is excellent with restaurants like Slippery Stone, Watercress and Naughty Nuri's near by and Mozaic a little walk on the beach, Berry Amour is worth consideration. If you are into massage, manicure and pedicure Think Pink is close but I still prefer Bodyworks. On the cheaper side give Bening Spa a try.

Room Tip: We were in Desire the first week and Temptation the second. We preferred Temptation. It had a better...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Kade L, General Manager at Berry Amour Romantic Villas, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Dear Mr. Jon,

It’s a romantic day at Berry Amour.

Thank you so much for posting your wonderful reviews about your long stay in Berry Amour Villas recently. We are also so grateful for some feedback given to us for betterment. And we do apologize for such matters that have drawn your concerns and need further improvement in future. Indeed, we will have a new chef joining on 1 September 2013. Surely he will help our existing cook team further improve our food quality in future. He will also definitely cook your breakfast for your future stay in Berry Amour. So, even though you are a Chef, I am sure you won’t cook your own breakfast any more on your next stay. We understand that our staffs need some more training to improve their English speaking ability in order to understand English better when it is spoken by the native in future. In line with the time goes by, I am very much sure that our team will learn more to further develop their skills.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back into Berry Amour Villas in near future.

Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

The boyfriend and I spent 5 nights at Berry Amour for his birthday celebration last week. The place is located in Seminyak, and is a 40 minutes drive from the Ngurah Rai airport. We arrived really early at about 11am in the Morning, but they still managed to check us in early within half an hour! I was impressed, as I was expecting them to tell me to wait till the check-in time, and was already prepared to drop off my luggage and head out for some lunch before coming back to get the room.

We had indicated in our booking that we wanted the Temptation villa, but were being assigned the Mystique villa instead. I only noticed when I started to explore the villa, and the boyfriend decided to let the staff know. Apparently the temptation villa was not available. We were both cool with it, because Mystique is equally beautiful! We would have appreciated it if the staff had informed us beforehand though, instead of us having to query.

The villa is very peaceful and private, comes with a little living area, a huge bath area with jacuuzi, a nice outdoor dining area by the pool and of course, a private pool and sun chairs. Very romantic ambience, definitely suitable for honey-moon couples. My 5 nights here really helped me to relax and rejuvenate!

The villa provides free shuttle to anywhere that is within 5km radius of the villa in Seminyak. This includes Seminyak Square. The service is supposedly only available till 7pm, however if the driver was available even at 8pm, they were still willing to drive us out and I really liked that! :)

They don't provide buffet breakfast here. Only daily in-room breakfast delivered by the butler at your preferred timing anytime between 7am-10am. They will give you a checklist to tick your breakfast choice everyday. Choices include coffee/tea, juice, intercontinental, american, asian, Indonesian.

When we arrived at the villa, we noticed that some of the towels provided (bath and face), were dirty and stained. We informed the villa and they were very apologetic and quick to rectify the situation by changing the towels while we were out.

The jacuuzi takes about 30-45mins to get filled up, so we were being advised that we could call the hotel in advance to have them get the jacuuzi ready for our use when we arrived back.

I really commend the service of the staff at Berry Amour, they are all extremely friendly and approachable, all-smiles all day and very willing to answer your questions and share their insights on local food and must-see places. They even have a local agency which they partner with to provide transport and tours.

Was a bit surprised though, that the staff did not have change for me when I was settling my room bill the night before my departure from Bali. My bill came up to RP138,000 for food ordered and I gave RP200,000 , but they did not have change for RP62,000. I was told to come back later in the day/night for the change, and I was fine with it, but such things are easily forgotten and I forgot to go back for the change. Noone returned it to me either.

In all though, I would still say it was a 5* experience here. Both the boyfriend and I enjoyed our entire stay and would love to come back in the future to try the other themed rooms! Location is also pretty good. :) Thumbs up.

Dear Lady Shalyn,

It’s a romantic day at Berry Amour Villas.

Thank you so much for taking your time to post your lovely reviews about your five night stay in Berry Amour Romantic Villas recently. It makes us so glad to know that you had a wonderful time and wished to return to Berry Amour in future.

It was fortunate enough for you to have an early check in on the very day due to the assigned room for you was freely available, so we were able to accommodate your request accordingly. We offer flexibility upon availability.

I have traced your room reallocation from Temptation into Mystique and found that there had been a communication breakdown amongst our team. It was very unavoidable. Apparently there had been a note to be clearly spoken to you upon arrival telling you about this room re-allocation due to a failure occurred in the system but unfortunately it did not work as expected. We deeply apologize for this oversight and assure you that this won’t be repeated in future. As you said Mystique has its own romantic ambiance with much more traditional touch while Temptation offers more Mediterranean nuance.

Indeed we serve breakfast at a personalized manner in your own villa or our bar and lounge. For this particular reason, we don’t provide buffet breakfast. Requesting you to fill up the breakfast form beforehand helps our butlers a lot arrange an organized breakfast service at preferred timing on the following morning.

About the change of RP62.000. After having checked to my team, I found that our Guest Service Agent had forgotten to return the change to you unintentionally. She felt so guilty for this. I have briefed my team to always find an end solution in dealing with and to not put on hold such problem especially that needs an immediate solution at very short interval time in the future. Please advise us whether we have to send that amount to your bank account or considered it as the amount that you will spend for your upcoming stay at Berry Amour in future. If you wish us to send it to your bank account, please kindly advise us of your bank account number to where we can transfer the money.

Once again, thank you so much for choosing Berry Amour to stay in and look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back into Berry Amour in not so long distance to experience two other love themed villas, Temptation and Desire.

Pauanui
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

Berry Amour was recommended by our daughter and her partner as she knew her parents needed a long overdue relaxed and special holiday. This we certainly had at Berry Amour Villas.
The staff and service was excellent, the villa was large and spacious, modern and totally private.
We will certainly return again and again as this is a special place in Bali.The Manager went out of his way to ensure we had a great stay, very helpful and friendly. From the greeting service on arrival to the end of our stay where there was always a driver available to take us to near by restaurants and return to the airport, this was truly 5 star comfort and service.

Room Tip: All rooms are great, private and well appointed.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Kade L, General Manager at Berry Amour Romantic Villas, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Dear Mrs. Alison,
It’s a romantic day at Berry Amour Villas
Thank you so much for having spent your valuable time to post your lovely reviews about your long stay in Berry Amour Romantic Villa recently. We are glad to know that you entirely enjoyed your stay by our dedicated staff and the villa facility. What is also highly impressed us that we have been able to accommodate two generations from you, your daughter and her parents to stay in Berry Amour at not too distance interval time. It is also a great pleasure for us to know your personal declaration that Berry Amour is a special place in Bali to where you will return to stay again and again in future.
Please kindly pass on our best regards to Mr. Rod and Ms. Vicky, your daughter.
We very much look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you and your daughter back into Berry Amour in near future.
Kade Lasiadi

Been to Berry Amour Romantic Villas? Share your experiences!