“Fantastic Villa at Kerobokan” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Widyas Luxury Villas

You added The Widyas Luxury Villas to your Saves list
The Widyas Luxury Villas
4.5 of 5 Villa   |   Jl. Raya Muding No 99x, Kerobokan, Bali 83361, Indonesia   |
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Fantastic Villa at Kerobokan”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

We had such as amazing stay at this villa. I have been to Bali for a couple of time and stayed at all over and this is newly villa is by far the best. Great private pool, high speed wifi, service was excellent, clean and nice food...

Bit quite location, but they could arrange us by free shuttle to the town, Seminyak or Kuta which is close by

We will be back here next time ...

Room Tip: it was nice stayed at villa 7
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Widyas Luxury Villa is a new property comprising one and two bedroom villas, each with its private plunge pool more for skinny dipping and certainly not for swimming even short laps. It is located in a more remote section of Kerobokan and all transportation to Kuta and other area has to be prebooiked and prearranged. I booked through booking.com and was upgraded to an exclusive one bedroom villa which was larger than the standard one bedroom villa.

I occupied Villa number 1 which was the nearest the two storey reception block. The room itself was spacious with a double bed with mosquito netting (more aesthetic I presume), an armchair, a large settee at the food of the bed, flat screen TV, DVD player, safe, an ample sized bathroom with rain shower and large bathtub.

BOUQUETS
The villas were well maintained and clean.
The staff are generally polite and try to be helpful.

BRICKBATS

Comments on Room
There was a lady receptionist who seemed to understand little English and it was a chore trying to explain simple things to her like getting an extra bed sheet.
There should be a writing desk and chair in the room.
The wifi was down for the entire duration of my stay of 3 days and the blame was attributed to the service provider.
The so-called gym facility is a small room with two pieces of equipment, is a no go.
The plunge pool in my villa - I had to ask a couple of times for the pool pump to be turned on and the lady receptionist and to run around like a headless chicken as she had no idea what I was talking about until she located the housekeeping department.

Comments on bathroom
There should be an extra bathmat placed just outside the shower area to avoid bringing in water from shower area into the rest of the bathroom.
There should be handle bars on the walls beside the bathtub as the tub is rather deep.
The hand towel ring is too low and close to the floor, with the result of the hand towel nearly brushing the floor.
There was no soap dish on the counter where the sink was and soap has to be left on the counter top, despite my asking for one.
There should be two separate bath towel rails on the wall.
There should also be a clothes rack/retractable line for hand washing or wet clothing, as there were no laundry bags provided for laundry services.
There was no shower gel provided, although shampoo and conditioner were provided.
Separate pool towels should be provided.
Satchets of coffee and tea were provided on top of the refrigerator but I did not see any device for boiling water.
After I had used the coffee cups for drinking, housekeeping removed them but never replace them
No sun deck chairs were provided by the plunge pool, as depicted in the hotel promotional material.

Comments on food and beverage
We ordered spaghetti and a club sandwich for lunch from the in-house restaurant and the quality was just about palatable.
The quality of breakfast and the way it was prepared and service was sad.
The staff on duty at the kitchen also had some problems with English.
On my first day there I had asked for butter for my toast and I was told that there was none but they made sure there had it during my second day there.
It was obvious that whoever was doing the cooking, needs to be sent away on an intensive training course but given that the Kerobokan area has its share of many good restaurants, you should not be going hungry. I had told their management to just concentrate on improving and upgrading the standard and breakfast and just maintain a food delivery service with a few good restaurants in the area.

All in all I feed that this property has to seriously think what it's real selling point is given that they are quite a distance from the hustle and bustle of Kuta and Legian and has really to justify having the word "luxury" in its name.

This staff at the property tries hard but still has quite a way to way to go, so if it luxury you are really looking for this is not the place

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I had a wonderful experience staying in The Widyas Luxury Villa on 20th till 25th May 2013. The friendly staffs can arrange exciting activities for those who come to Bali without any itinerary, with an affordable price. Did some interesting activities which was arranged by them such as morning bicycle ride to the padi fields / seaside and Temple visit, Tanah Lot Sunset tour, Bakas River Rafting, night tour to Potato Head Club, Seminyak & Kuta area and much more.

The daily breakfast was average but can be improved. For those who want to have great tasting seafood, the staff can recommend few restaurants nearby with great views. They can even assist to purchase the delicious grilled prawns and other dishes and serve it at their restaurant. I even had Futsal session, dinner and enjoyed the fireworks at the roof top arranged by the staffs on my last night.

Overall their service was excellent and I will definitely come back to stay in The Widyas Luxury Villa on my next visit to Bali. I would like to thank every staff of The Widyas Luxury Villa for the great service, hospitality and making my stay a memorable one.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Singapore, Singapore
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

Me and my partner were expecting a private luxury retreat in Bali. Yet, this place was neither luxurious nor private. Upon arriving in our villa, the first thing we saw was this disgusting lotus pond that’s clearly poorly maintained and breeding lots of mosquitoes. My guess was right, as when we entered the room, we were greeted by over 50 friendly mosquitoes inside. How do I know the number? Because later at night, I asked the management for an ‘insect killer spray’, and I deliberately chased and killed the mozzies myself. Being an OCD person, I immediately cleaned the floor of these fallen dead insects, and found over 50 mozzies, 5 spiders, and 1 small cockroach. The horror...

Anyway, if that’s not enough to make you run away from this villa, here’s a list of why the villa is not as luxurious as it claimed to be (or as other reviewers claimed to be, apparently):
• There are no body towels or liquid soap provided
• The ladder going to the 2nd and 3rd floor, where the restaurant and gym is respectively, is very unsafe. No handle or railing to prevent you from falling down the sides. In addition, the 3rd floor also doesn’t have any railings. So you can free fall if you want. This is very UNSAFE, especially if there are children around. Do NOT bring your children here.
• From the 3rd floor, you can freely view villa 1 & 2’s ‘private’ pool. So, if you are in villa 1 or 2, do NOT swim nude in your private pool.
• The toilet and the room literally stink. Even after we sprayed the room with air freshener and put one block of it inside the toilet, it still smelt bad. (We later found out that the exhaust fan in the toilet mainly caused this problem. When we turned it off, the horrible smell is strongly reduced. And, here I thought a toilet-exhaust should sanitize the smell, not generate more stench)
• The rain shower » good concept, terrible outcome. The stones on the floor blocked the water flow, hence they’re moldy and the water just stays there. We think this is another mosquito breeding place and one source of the horrible smell.
• The wardrobe creaks. This can be fixed by spraying it with WD-40 or something similar, and it can be done within 30 seconds. So, come on! Why hasn’t the management done that?
• At night, one of the nearby places will burn their trashes and the smoke will go into your villa.
• The complimentary mineral water is one of the most horrible I’ve ever tasted. I’m not looking for Evian, but the Indonesian ‘Aqua’ brand at least would be nice.
• There’s no chair inside the room. So, there’s no place to sit other than your bed.
• The warm/hot water has a limit. If you used it to fill the bath-tub, there’d be none left for the shower.
• There’s a bath-tub, but there’s no bubble bath/salt/gel provided.
• No face tissues or trash can provided besides in the toilet. I know that sounds snob, but isn’t this supposed to be a luxury villa?
• The address of the villa is weird. We had 3 Blue Bird taxis that are confused by the road name, because apparently it’s not what it is to Balinese. To make matters worse, the villa sign’s lights are off at night… I think they’re broken, not purposely turned off after 9pm or so as not to disturb the neighbors.
• The tours they quoted cost twice as much as the tours we actually took. Ours cost $40 USD for 10 hours a day, while their quote was $80-100 USD for 8 hours. Look for tours elsewhere (hint: google for 'private driver Bali')

You might wonder why I still gave this place 2 stars (not 1), despite all the things listed above. It’s because of:
• The private pool. We were lucky enough to get the villa where the pool is not visible from outside (or the rooftop of nearby places).
• We also brought things that they did not provide us with, like body towels, liquid soap, face tissues, rubbish bag, & good mineral water (lol).
• The free transport to Seminyak area.

In conclusion, if you’re the type of person that expect a luxury & relaxing retreat because this villa claims to be luxurious, do NOT go here! If you plan to bring children, do NOT go here (or at least don’t go to the 3rd floor)! If you can’t stand befriending and chasing mosquitoes around, do NOT go here! I really have no idea why the other reviewers gave it 4 or 5 stars. If you don't believe me, see some of my photos. They're real and I took all of them during my stay there.

——
To management: I believe you have a lot of potentials, because you have most of the stuffs. You just don’t maintain or perfect it very well. Some of my suggestions include:
1) put some railings on the 3rd floor and on the side of your ladders. Don’t wait for someone to fall down!
2) provide body towels, liquid soap, and bubble bath-gel/salt
3) put 1 or 2 chairs inside the room
4) definitely fix the creaking in the wardrobe
5) provide complimentary bottles of ‘Aqua’ mineral water, not whatever it is you’re providing now
6) add an alternative address for the Villa (ask a blue bird taxi driver, they can tell you what road it is as known by them). Fix your broken lights.
7) reduce the number of the stones beside the rain shower. test it and make sure that they don’t block the water flow.
8) fix your exhaust fan. it should eliminate stench, not generate it.
9) provide an insect repellant spray or lotion in the room. before checking in someone, prep the room by spraying the insect killer spray and clean the fallen dead insects on the floor.

Room Tip: Villa 1 & 2 are not recommended. People can view your private pool freely, so your privacy is qu...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
BaliArya, Manager at The Widyas Luxury Villas, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review about your recent stay at the Widyas Luxury Villa

Firstly, let me apologize for a less than perfect stay. In our efforts to achieve a level of service whereby guest expectations are being anticipated and met, we have obviously failed on this occasion.

Rest assured that your concern has been addressed and presently we are working on a progress to improve such as your suggestions are very valuable to our further better service.

we realize, a lot of shortcomings and input that we needed to develop and improve our service and product as a newcomer in the hospitality industry

Once again, we thank you for your time and feedback. It is feedback such as yours that inspire us to constantly improve our service and product.

We look forward to welcome you back to the Widyas Luxury Villa, to give us the opportunity to provide a truly positive experience

My Best Regard
Aryasa
Room Division Manager
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013 via mobile

Quiert place. Very fast Internet for Bali. Good for business.
For long term you need a car or bike. For short term they will bringt you free to places arround. They are very friendly and helpfull
Really inside Balilife.

• Stayed April 2013
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

Staff were really great, relaxing quiet location. There is not much around although the staff are happy to take you into town. The Villa we stayed in looked exactly like their website photos. Altogether happy with the service although I do wish it was closer to the beach.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

I would highly recommend these villas. They are beautifully designed we stayed in an exclusive villa with a private pool which was amazing and the service from the staff was incredible they made our stay! Any request we had they went out of the way to help even organising our tours for us. Breakfast was cooked fresh everyday and was always tasty you even have the option of having it brought to your villa. The villas are in a tranquil setting which was very relaxing yes they are a bit far away from the hustle and bustle of kuta but that was perfect for us and travelling to kuta if we wanted to go out was never a problem as the staff kindly provided a car for us and a shuttle to seminyak at no extra cost. Overall i would definitely stay here on return visits to bali I've stayed in a few different places in bali widyas was definitely the best i can't fault it at all

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Widyas Luxury Villas? Share your experiences!