“Little Sarong” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Mermaid Beach, Australia
“Little Sarong”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013

Great restaurant in the heart of Seminyak. Part of the Sarong group, it's got all the quality and selection but without the higher prices. The setting is gorgeous, staff attentive and helpful and is apparently where the Euro/Aussie locals go because its not hideously expensive. We had the crispy pork hock and chicken massaman which was delicious! Heaps to choose from for all taste buds including an extensive wine list (albeit it on the pricier side). With 2 entrees, 2 mains, rice, 1 bin tang and glass of wine we paid about $90... That inc tax and service charges. If Sarong is on your list, definitely try Mama San!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

• Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Perth
“A must for all.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

My husband and I went to Mamasan after reading some reviews and I can honestly say, don't overlook this restaurant. We arrived a tad early, but that wasn't an issue as we walked the stairs (to what I call) Cocktail heaven. We had quite a few cocktails in the comfy lounge area, then were seated downstairs for dinner. Every mouthful was devine. I don't personally like hot, spicy foods, so I asked if they could recommend something. My husband on the other hand ordered the Green Chicken (cant remember exact name) and the staff double checked with him that he can handle "hot". We had entree's, mains, desserts, more cocktails, beer and the bill came to just over $100 AUD. After dinner some more cocktails too. You do have to dress up a tad, but this just means no beachwear. Staff lovely. Service exceptional. Even had a table next to us with 2 kids aged under 10 and they were well looked after, with lots of ice-cream. I have to older kids and I think they too would absolutely love this place.

“Delicious and chic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

Had dinner at Mamasan on a recent trip to Bali. Had a fantastic meal - the food is delicious and slightly modern, whilst still retaining great flavours and bite! They have a great cocktail list with reasonable prices and the presentation is great. The staff were extremely professional and warm and their service overall was really polished. Although a bit more expensive than eating at more casual places I would definitely recommend eating at Mamasan for a special meal when in Bali.

Singapore
“Excellent food, generous portions and decent prices!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

I had an excellent meal at Mamasan.. It came highly recommended by a fellow foodie and I wasnt disappointed, to say the least.

Location: In a revamped shophouse with new age decor, dim lights, dark wood panelling etc. Quite a sexy stylish set up.
Service: Knowledgable and attentive. Food arrived quite quickly too.
Food : Mainly asian fare with some twists and interesting ingredients.
Menu: wide selection with a lot of choices for starters, mains and a smaller selection for sweets.
Prices: I paid about US$10 for a WHOLE steamed seabass, about US$9 for deep fried ribs, and US$8 for sliced roast duck. Non-alch drinks were about US$2 for a soda.
Food quality: WOW. The deep fried porkribs with mango salad is UNMISSABLE, meat falls off the bone. And the roast duck is crazygood too, well marinated and served on a generous bed of greens and some kind of hoisin sauce. The steamed seabass was a little over-cooked for me as I'm a typical Cantonese and we have very exacting expectations about steamed fish. LOL. But gosh , overall it was VERY GOOD and at that prices, you have to visit Mamasan.
Reservations: It was full house on a wet Tuesday night, so I recommend you make reservations, I did it online about 3 days in advance, quite a swift and painless process.

Jakarta, Indonesia
“Great place to eat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

Mamasan has nice decor and delicious food. It's asian fusion, so expect yummy tom yum soup or vietnamese salad. The cocktails are very good as well. I almost always stop by for lunch whenever I'm in Bali.

Visited March 2013