“Excellent service, wonderful experienced :)” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Kuta, Indonesia
“Excellent service, wonderful experienced :)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

my mom and i went there last week, and the staff's service was really wonderful. Very kind, charming and they serviced us very well. The best service restaurant so far i experienced in Bali. I brought my mom as she never felt any this kind of restaurant, so i ordered for some foods, and they asked us very well, and recommended us for some good menus. My mom and i were so thrill as their service was truly sincere (because if i'm local Bali and we're going to some restaurants, the service would be very bad. But mamasan, was so wonderful). And for food was good. 1 to 10 is 8, however their ambiance made my day ever :)

• 4 of 5 stars Food

• Indonesian first
  • Thai first
“Yummmmmm yum”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

Sister of Sarong this place is fantastic. Food exquisite, service very attentive. Wine very expensive but that is the case everywhere in Bali. It is a must eat at these days in Bali.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Perth WA
“Sublime food. Stylish venue. Amazing service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013 via mobile

After visiting Mamasan's sister restaurant various times over several visits to Bali, we decided to break the mould and try Mamasan. While I LOVE Sarong, Mamasan was everything that I love and more. A feast of various Asian inspired delights. A brilliant array of tasty delights which was a sensory feast. A little less formal than Sarong which I liked.

The Food. From the small bites section we had the salt and pepper crispy crab which was Devine and the char Sui pork with the most delicious sticky sauce. For main, I can not recommend highly enough, the crispy skinned fish with a sweet and sour sauce that I am still dreaming about. It's a dish I will go back for. They also made the most delicious and buttery roti bread hat almost had the texture of croissants. Sublime. If I had room we would have tried dessert but alas was full.

We also tried the cocktails which I can't remember the name of but again, was blown away with the deliciousness of them. The meal was surprising well priced. $80 for unlimited sparkling water, 2 cocktails, 3 entrees, main, side dish of veggies and roti bread.

The venue is beautifully presented however the only draw back for me was the uncomfortable wooden chairs. The chairs have a backing that makesyou sit forward in your chair and are unable to sit back and relax. We asked to move tables and sit in other chairs and we were quickly accommodated. This is a very small issue but enough of one to make mention.

Visited December 2013
Brisbane, Australia
“MAMASAN Oh I wish you were in Brisbane !!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

This was our third visit and it certainly won't be our last !!

Great location

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Singapore, Singapore
“Mixed feelings”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

On our current trip to Bali we thought we would try out various places that people have rated so highly and Mamasan was one of them. The experience ended up in Mixed feelings. First of all when we arrived they had no booking for us even though it had been booked that same morning while we sat in front of the person at our hotel who made it for us, the greeting seemed to go from welcoming to sorry no booking so go away. Luckily we must have had the magic name as when we said it, which was the person who took our booking a table became available. Don't get me wrong it wasn't the end of the world but a strange response when your name isn't on the list...

When seated the staff were very attentive and also knowledgeable about the menu, so friendly which seems to be the Bali way. We ordered drinks, wine and food. Then within about 2 minutes the starters arrived, bells start going off saying have we got somebody else's table... any way the starters were nice and tasty, part of an interesting SEA fusion type menu which keeps you interested simply reading it for a while... Starters done and the main course was going to come out immediately but we asked for it to be delayed, we wanted a night out not a 30 minute meal. After a while we said OK mains can come and again they were really tasty, duck red curry and lamb ribs.. You can see care and attention had been put into the food and the service continued to be great. We then decided on dessert which was a bad move, considering it is the last thing to leave an impression I really didn't like what we got. Pandan and mango trifle and banana cake. We just said what a shame a nice meal ends like this. My advice is stop after the mains

By this time tables began to become free and it seemed as though this meant they didn't need the table anymore as that was it, no more can we get you anything which I really wanted a coffee. In the end we gave up, paid and left...

So what can I say, nice restaurant building, interesting menu, great starters and mains, good value, bad dessert and up and down service. There seems to be a mix of people who come here from people who want a good night out with a nice meal to groups of Australian kids eating next to nothing and moaning about what they get and bringing the overall ambience down, smart casual becomes beachwear...

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere