“Always a nice dinner” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
“Always a nice dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

Been here few times and its always great.
They are situated in easy access , just at the end of sunset road from simpang siur, then go left.
If you come by private car, they provide vallet parking and the important thing is to reserve,
Mostly full booked when i came there

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

86% Recommend
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
perth australia
“Fantastic Cocktails served with a beautiful smile”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

Two visits to this wonderful restaturant the first we spent a very relaxed evening with company and sampled 7 or 8 dishes then I went alone and felt very comfortable and the service was warm and very geniune, make sure to visit I know I look forard to returning for a another Lychee martini

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Singapore, Singapore
“A Pleasant Surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Three of us had lunch here today on the recommendation of a friend who lives in Bali. What a great recommendation. Perhaps not the easiest location to find but it suited us as it was very close to our villa.

An entirely Asian menu which did not disappoint. Portion sizes are generous so you may want to go Asian style and throw it all in the middle and share. Two of our party were Thai and reckon the Tom Yum soup to be the best they have had outside of Thailand - a big compliment indeed. The other dishes we tried being the Asian greens, Chatuchak pork ribs and char siu pork were also excellent. The ingredients are clearly good quality and were complimented by the freshest of herbs making for wonderful dishes packed with flavour.

As for dessert, the creme brûlée is absolutely outstanding and I can assure you I ordinarily never eat creme brûlée and would swear I do not like it. But here, served with ice cream and an espresso to pour over the ice cream, it really goes to a new level. The other dessert we tried was deep fried ice cream with Nutella chocolate. An unusual twist and it was nice to try if a little rich.

As to the place itself, fashioned from an old warehouse, some of the industrial touches have been kept to great effect on the ground floor. Upstairs is a very nice bar and lounge.

All in all a great lunch and we will definitely be back.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
San Francisco, California
“Nice lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

I didn't have the time to taste its dinner menu, but the lunch I had was fantastic. Tried the crispy pork, the green curry. They make ordinary chinese menu into a great fusion with taste that is no ordinary. The only downside was that it has no parking space.. Love it and will be back to try the dinner

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Melbourne, Australia
“Too many idle staff”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

I was looking forward to going to mamasan since the 1st day we arrived in Bali and tried to get in, but was booked out. We succeeded for the 630 sitting on our last day. Our experience was OK ( in hindsight I wouldve ordered a few different dishes- dumplings were great, the pork hock was huge!) , the menu is extensive, decor very Melbourne, but I struggled to enjoy our meal with about 4-6 waitstaff constantly hovering near the kitchen door, waiting for a job, in direct line of sight to our table. I felt like I was getting stared down the whole time. Recommend sitting near the front of the restaurant.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere