“Never stay there again” 1 of 5 stars
Review of The Rishi Villa Umalas

You added The Rishi Villa Umalas to your Saves list
The Rishi Villa Umalas
4.0 of 5 Villa   |   Dukuh Indah, Umalas Lestari No. 8, Kerobokan, Bali, Indonesia   |
Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
“Never stay there again”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

We just came back from the villa today for a 4d3n stay. We got the deal from groupon, and it was totally not what we looking forward. Our first night was in villa 3, pool pump is not working and dirty, the water in shower room is very small until you can't take a shower. We were coincident found there is a spa just few min walk from the villa, and it offers very good discount for customer who stay nearby (only during off peak season). So we took the spa package and had our shower there. And its suppose to have wifi in whole villa, but, we were told by the staff that its not working and they dont seem like getting anyone to repair it. Also, in the room there is a safety box, and its not working too. The breakfast they serve is way too simple and not tasty. I think for the same price we paid, we could get a much much much better villa in elsewhere which is nearer to happening place like Seminyak or legian.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Indonesian first
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

We bought the voucher from Groupon. Suppose to come with free airport transfer, massage & dinner. The driver was not there to fetch us from airport & I'm lucky as my another gf who actually book another local driver (which I always used when I'm in Bali) was there. I got a ride from them. Once I checked in they told me that Groupon did not pay them up and their boss demand us to pay the full amount of $844/person (as shown on the voucher) first and we can claim it from Groupon once we back home. I was surprised and pissed off. I told them I don't pay $844 I pay at a special price offered & how I can I paid 2 person ($844 x 2) when I've already paid the offered amount to groupon. So I paid one person price at the discount amount.

The villa is not clean especially the kitchen & pool. The Jacuzzi was in bad condition no bath foam etc. I did not get my airport transfer, massage for me & daughter and what we got only the 1st night dinner!

On the day I check out I demand to talk to the boss personally as I said their boss should actually settle things with groupon themselves not us the customer. I got my money back and left.

I will never go back to this villa again & will never buy anything from Groupon anymore!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Werribee, Victoria, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

Well I purchased a group on deal 5 nights, price seemed too good to be true! We arrived late due to flight delays, arrived at 11pm, transfer guy was annoyed, suck it up, complain to the airline.

We arrived obviously tired and in the dark. Couldn't judge anything. In the morning checked everything out. Breakfast was terrible. Pool was dirty, shower head was broken, tv had something wrong with it, ants were everywhere, even in the bed as I woke up with bites everywhere! Then the airconditioner broke. We reported everything as we found it. All we were told is ok, we get the manager to fix it.

A whole night we had to spend without aircon. My god, I'm pretty sure I lost a few kgs by sleeping! They tried to make us happy by putting roses on the bed and continuously seeing if anything else was broken. We couldn't move to another room as it apparently was fully booked. We seemed to be the only guests there!

The groupon voucher also claimed it was in Seminyak, it wasn't, it's in Kerobakan... You feel dirty entering the area, especially with the prison only a couple of kms away.

I will be complaining to groupon, tried to complain to the actual manager, but no use as he doesn't speak or understand English. We left on the second day, hoping we will get our money back but not seeing high chances. It's definitely left a bad taste in my mouth and I will never refer anyone to the villa.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012 via mobile

Thought we snagged a deal on Groupon for a 3D2N getaway. Deal came with airport transfers, 30 mins massage, Internet and breakfast. Upon check-in, was told that Groupon hasn't paid the villa, hence they can't honor the deal. Made a fuss, but the poor chap (who is great and can't fault him) can't make any decisions without the manager or owner's approval. He even called the manager to explain our aituation, but he hanged up on him in mid-conversation. Gave in by placing a 50% deposit to stay while they sort things out with Groupon.

Villa is large and nice, but poorly maintained. No toilet paper, missing towels and robes, and Internet is not available to those villas at the back. Horror is when we dipped into the pool, there were tissue paper floating inside, along with sand at the bottom.

Checked out immediately and got my deposit back. Will get groupon to refund based on this debacle. Sad thing was, there were 2 other group of people in the same predicament as us, who may be more patient than us. But I suspect that we might not get our money back.

Saving grace is that Made the front desk guy is extremely calm and managed the angry customers well despite the crap his manager tasked him to do.

• Stayed November 2012
Fremantle, Western Australia, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

My partner and I purchased a 5 night stay with Groupon 'private pool villa' We got to the hotel and had a real difficult time trying to check in as the girls could not speak any type of english. Finally they took us to our room, expecting to walk in to a beautiful villa, we walked into a disgusting, dirty, dull villa. The pool was green with all sorts of floaties in it which you would NOT even dip your toe in! Walking through to the kitchen that was also dirty, we opened the fridge which was absolutely empty not even a bottle of water, yet it had rotten food in the crispa, and smelt terrible. The bedroom and bathroom was by far the worst! The bathroom looked like it hadn't been cleaned ever, I couldnt even use the toilet, a public toilet would have been much more cleaner to use. The shower was dirty with scum all around the bottom and dead bugs, the towels had brown stains on them and were unusable. And the bed..... My partner layed on the bed and the bed was WET!!!! Tell me why?? This was enough for us, after being in the room for less than half an hour we grabbed our suitcases and left.

You would not expect your worst enemy to stay in a place like this. If your looking for a nice relaxing get away like my partner and I were, do not stay here. Dont waste your money. It wrecked our trip. :(

Overall a very upsetting experience.

Room Tip: There are NO good rooms. Dont stay in the place!!!!!!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Perth, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

As two families with small children, we got two adjacent Villa's and were charged an exhorbitant rate for deluxe fully equipt villas. Despite booking months in advance, we did not have a cot for 24 hours from arrival, one of the villas had no hot water for 3 days, the villas were poorly equipt (ie one wine glass). The staff whilst polite were useless and not authourised to do anything. The wi-fi didn't work , the pool was green and it took them 24 hours to remove a dead birtd from the open air shower.

After thrr days of frustration, we left and they did not even give us a refund.

We cannot stress highly enough how much you should avoid this place until there is new managment and it has been renovated.

Room Tip: only one of the three two bedroom villas had working hot water. They canabalised two villas to m...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

I stayed here for 4D3N for my first trip to Bali - an unfortunate decision on my part.
It seems the owners of this villa have given up on it - it has not been renovated for 10 yrs and it shows throughout the villa in the worn out furniture, lamps with missing bulbs, broken bath faucet and filthy wall tiles. We were given a bunch of keys to the villa, including a key to the room safe but we could not unlock the safe. We asked and were told by the staff that all the safes in the villa are broken and that the owner has no plans to replace or repair them! I found it funny that they bothered to keep the safe.

The plus sides are that the hotel is located in a peaceful part of town and is a 10min taxi ride away from the hip joints in Seminyak (under smooth traffic conditions). The staff was friendly and willing to help wherever possible despite language barriers. That said you would probably be able to find a better alternative at a similar price so look elsewhere.

Room Tip: Skip the meals served here
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The Rishi Villa Umalas? Share your experiences!