“Great restaurant n great ambience” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 103 Restaurants in Kerobokan
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
london
“Great restaurant n great ambience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

Sometimes hotel restaurants can be lacking in ambience and feel rather generic. But the combination of location (right on the beach) and effort on the part of the W to make the menu interesting and varied, combined with a good wine list and great service made for a great evening.

The dishes which you self cook at the table on hot stones are fun - the waggu beef and the black cod, we had. The tiramisu was a great dessert. The chocolate fondant style pudding was the only surprising disappointment - oddly, it tasted rather fried.

The Sunday buffet is a bit of a Bali institution. It is great value, if you are very hungry, but unfort my wife got sick after it, maybe from some of the seafood.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Kevin C, Manager at Starfish Bloo at W Retreat & Spa Bali - Seminyak, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Hello

Thank you for taking your time and sharing your fantastic compliments on Tripadvisor on your dining experience at Starfish Bloo. I am happy to hear that our signature restaurant exceeded your expectations. Your recommendations are greatly valued and have been shared with the entire team.

It would be a pleasure having you back for another Wow experience.

All the best,

• Korean first
Mermaid Beach, Australia
“Was ok...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

We stayed at the resort and thought we would have dinner here one of the nights and the meals were ok but nothing amazing.
The sushi we had for entree was great but the mains were average, the sauce used for my beef curry was too sweet so maybe we were just unlucky with our selections but for the price we expected it all to be great. As mentioned entree was great but mains were not, we found better around the same area in Seminyak for half the price.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Hello Charek07

Thank you for taking the time to share your review at the Starfish Bloo.

Sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations and your feedback has been shared amongst our team members.

Kind regards,

Chef de Cuisine.
Sydney, Australia
“Not to be missed!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

My partner and I came to Starfish Bloo on our first night in Bali. We had the chefs tasting menu with wines to match. I am fussy and requested that the first two courses were swapped for something I do eat and the chef was very accommodating. The food was delicious. The wine was good. The setting is very relaxing and romantic. My only warning would be that the food comes out very quickly. I would request a bit more time between courses. Great service. Great food. Wonderful experience. I highly recommend!!

Visited October 2013
Hello Duckw8211

Thank you for sharing your feedback.

I am happy that our signature restaurant was able to WOW your culinary experience.

The food and produce are representative of all that is great about Pan Asian Cuisine - light, fresh and meticulously selected.

We look forward to seeing you back again.

All the best,

Chef de Cuisine
Hobart
“Sunday Brunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

My husband and I decided to have Sunday Brunch here for our wedding anniversary.

Such a large range of food to choose from, from eggs, pastries, stir frys, desserts, seafood and more.

Great service.

Beautiful outlook and very relaxing sitting outside by the beach and listening to the dj.

We fell in love with the W and honestly wish we had of booked there to stay. If we ever return to Bali we will look at booking the W.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Hello BEC1234

Thank you very much for your great review on our Sunday brunch at Starfish Bloo!

We truly appreciate your wonderful feedback and are very glad that you had a most enjoyable culinary experience.

All the best!

Chef de cuisine
london
“Very disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

Having spent 10 days in seminyak and eating in some fabulous restaurants, all indonesian and ranging hugely in price, we decided to spend our last evening having dinner at star fish blue. We had had pre dinner drinks on separate occasions in the Wooba so we were aware of the incredible location and view.
We were met by the host who was courteous and we were shown to a table overlooking the ocean for pre dinner drinks. The view was breathtaking and one we will never forget.My partner was v happy to see Kim Crawford sav blanc on the wine list, not a cheap bottle of wine, so we ordered a bottle to have to start in the bar and have over dinner and my partner ordered a beer. The beer was brought along with a warm, opened bottle of the above wine which we returned for a cold full bottle, along with a request for peanuts. The wine came, again warm, and after some time, prawn crackers, no peanuts!
Out table had been booked for 9pm. We had to ask to be seated at 9.10.
We ordered a prawn curry which was v good and a chicken massaman which consisted of 2 whole onions, v small amount of chicken and some diced potato. Flavour was good but chicken content far too small.
When the meal was being served, the waiter knocked over my glass of wine. He was v apologetic but I would have expected the content of my glass to have been replaced. This did not happen which left me feeling cross and took the shine off the meal. I think more attention should be focused on service and food on offer. We were surprised not to see the host again during the evening to check his customers were happy.
The previous evening we dined at Sarong, an altogether different experience. The food was superb and the service outstanding. We paid £100 at Sarong and £170!
The last straw was the taxi. We had paid £6 from Sarong the previous eve, the cab they booked us from The W......it cost £20. What a rip off.
So get your act together The W. with communicating tools like trip advisor, you cannot rely on your location and view alone.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Kevin C, Manager at Starfish Bloo at W Retreat & Spa Bali - Seminyak, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Hello space_5,

Thank you for sharing your feedback following your visit to Starfish bloo. I am very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your evening and dining experience. Your feedback is important to us and I will certainly share this with the relevant heads of department and my culinary team.

I would like the opportunity to welcome you back and invite you to experience the delights of Starfish bloo and level of service I would expect ensuring youdepart with a taste of the wow factor.

Culinary regards,