“Best 10M Rupiah You Can Drop On A Dinner...... :-)” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 103 Restaurants in Kerobokan
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Wellington, New Zealand
“Best 10M Rupiah You Can Drop On A Dinner...... :-)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

Two familys ex UK - one living in NZ, one still in the UK - met up in Bali. Last minute dinner selected Starfish Bloo. From arrival to departure it was amazing - service outstanding (taken to our sunset seats for cocktails then onto the dinner overlooking the beach). Cocktails were amazing, food was stunning, envt was beautiful and the service wrap was nothing short of superb. Best dinner we have ever had in as close to paradise as we'll ever come. 10 of us - ages 8 to late and all tastes were catered for.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Kevin C, Manager at Starfish Bloo at W Retreat & Spa Bali - Seminyak, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Hello Andy C,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I am happy to hear that you chose Starfish bloo as your reunion destination, the perfect setting.

It is useful to get opinions and feedback from both sides of the globe. Again, I am glad you enjoyed the menu selections and we look forward to welcoming you back to Paradise again soon.

All the best,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Perth, Australia
“AMAZING”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Stayed at the W resort had lunch and dinner at Starfish.
Food is really good pan- Asian cuisine Australian chef of cause!!
Must try salt and pepper lobster, all the nori rolls YUMMY .
For dinner I had fois gras for the first time with some grilled scallops it was to DIE for. Will go back again and again. OH and by the way it's right on the beach. Also they do Sunday Brunch missed doing but looked really good I'm going to try next time.

Visited June 2013
Hello tonyandnaomi,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on your dining experience. I am glad you sampled a good selection of the menu and enjoyed your choices.

Brunch at Starfish bloo is an experience in itself, one not to be missed on your visit.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Sydney, Australia
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend took me here for dinner at the Starfish Bloo restaurant. From the moment we arrived it was like no other place I've ever been before in Bali.
We were escorted to our seats right on the beach where you could see the waves rolling in thanks to lights directed towards the ocean.
Food was up there with the best I've ever eaten! And service was exceptional!
It's pricey for Bali, but for what you pay you would be lucky to have a meal and experience half as good back in Australia. Definitely the highlight of my holiday!

Hello ali3388,

Thank you for sharing your comments. I am happy to hear that you had a fantastic dining experience at Starfish and enjoyed the design narrative of the restaurant.

We do look forward to welcoming you back for another Wow factor evening.

perth
“Stunning food and ambience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

Went where for dinner (two couples)' the moment you enter the property is just gorgeous. The driveway is framed by bamboo that arches along the complete driveway which is extremely long, that's not a problem though, there are shuttle buggies to take you to the entrance. We were shown to starfish bloo restaurant, the restaurant is gorgeous, shuttle blue lighting almost has enchanted feel about it, without being tacky. As we passed through the restaurant we noticed certain tables raised and almost in what could called human size lobster pots, the concept I must say was very well executed, without looking stupid.
We were shown to our table outside, the ambience and decor was gorgeous. The meals plus drinks came to $54.25 per head, considering what we had and for the type of place we were in I was extremely pleased and surprised. We each had an entre, which was freshly made when we ordered sushi rolls, 3 of us had duck roll sushi and my husband hand prawn roll wrapped in prosciutto, these were heavenly, for main we each ordered a side dish with our main, I had twice slow cooked lamb, which was to die for, the meat just fell apart let alone needing to pull it apart and my side dish was broccoli BBQ glazed, the gentleman fro the other couple had coral trout with 5 spice, he stated the fish was delicious ( this is a very good compliment, considering he is so picky about his fish), my husband had duck pancakes and the other lady had Penang curry and rice, who also stated the meat was extremely tender, for drinks we ended up having in total four cocktails, two spirits and two beers. Attention to detail has been paid to everything here from beautiful crockery and cutlery to the funky glasses that they use, the staff were just wonderful, to the point you didn't realise they were there until you had an empty plate in front of you and that's the only time you were aware of their presence. This is a place I will definitely be back again. Thank you to the staff at starfish bloo for this experience.

Hello 2bali,

I am delighted to hear that you selected Starfish bloo as your dining experience. It does sound like you selected a wide range of offerings on the menu and I am happy that enjoyed your selection.

We look forward to welcoming you back for another wow dining experience within a stunning ambiance.

Kevin Chung,
Chef de Cuisine
“Amazing food. Great view and atmosphere. A bit pricey.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

Loved this restaurant. Food was amazing, service was great. Views of the ocean are amazing. I recommend going for lunch and sitting all the way back closer to water. We had sushi and thought it was the best sushi out of all we tried in Bali. Just keep in mind that this is one of the more expensive restaurants in the area.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Kevin C, General Manager at Starfish Bloo at W Retreat & Spa Bali - Seminyak, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Hello Lululu2013,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on your recent dining experience. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the setting, service and menu.

Myself and my team look forward to welcoming you back for more culinary delights.