I stayed here last year but only now got around to writing a review. I've not stayed in other places in Bali so I have nothing by which to compare it.
Overall, I would say my stay was good and I'd stay there again, although it would not necessarily be my first choice.
The positives: it's a quiet, friendly, stress free place to stay, basic but well maintained. The lounge area was nice and it was good to be able to lie on the sofa and watch movies. The pool and pool area is good too although the pool is too small for any sort of serious swimming. Breakfast was included in the price and was ok considering it's free... But really, does anybody actually eat coco pops, white bread and instant coffee???
The location is a bit of a nuisance (not a BIG nuisance, just little)... There isn't too much within walking distance and the nearby restaurants were pretty poor I thought.
When I booked, they didn't have one of the better rooms available and I was placed in the "massage room" for two nights at $30 per night... In a word: HORRIBLE! It was a tiny windowless shoe box with a mattress thrown on the floor. After two nights I went to the Berrawa twin room which was ok for one person (too small for two) but the bed was fairly uncomfortable.
The big issue for me was the so-called "free" drop offs... Edwin the owner was away while I was there, so I think it might have been a case of the mice playing while the cat's away... Except for one time, they always charged me for a drop off and always making some excuse. They obviously didn't want to do it and after a while I felt too uncomfortable too ask. The three drop offs per day as they promote on their website is totally false!
Included in the price of my stay was free transfer to and from the airport. There was a bit of confusion on arrival and I ended up having to wait over an hour, which was ok, but the driver (I can't remember his name) was insistent on pinning the blame on me. There was no problem waiting but his attitude was a problem.
On my last night there, they suddenly made a excuse why they couldn't take me to the airport for free and again I would have to pay them. I was so angry and had a bit of an argument with them. Eventually they agreed to take me for free (as per the original agreement),but left me with a very bad feeling.
If I were to stay there again, I would definitely hold out for one of the better rooms. The cheaper rooms aren't worth it.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Layang Bulan Hotel Kerobokan
- Villa Layang Bulan Hotel
- Villa Layang Bulan Bali/Kerobokan
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villa Layang Bulan - the all-male clothing optional resort @ Seminyak, North Kuta, Bali, Indonesia. Come for a vacation at Villa Layang Bulan, where you can be literally naked as much as you like – just like your very first moment in life! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelBookers so you can book your Villa Layang Bulan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.