“A Bali Must Do!” 5 of 5 stars

Good for: Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Singapore
“A Bali Must Do!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2011 via mobile

Our second visit - last went in July when service was lacking. This time it was faultless, food was excellent, prices quite reasonable, view stunning. Have recommended it to many since July and will continue to do so.

• Greek first
  • Indonesian first
Melbourne
“Outstanding food and views - but book and request a table with views”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2011

We booked Sardine for our first night in Bali and what a treat! Highly recommend scallop and tortellini dish - best scallops we have ever had. Cocktails were beautiful, service was very good, views are gorgeous. Get there 15 mins before sunset to really enjoy the view. Staff were great with our 1 year old and provided cutlery and a plate for children. We will return on future trips to Bali.

• Visited January 2011
Hong Kong, China
“The 'almost' review”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2011

After an average meal and indifferent service here in 2010 we decided to give sardine another go, booking 3 days ahead, requesting a better table with a view this time, giving my name carefully and villa name to contact us. On arrival we were shown to a poor table at the back with no view. Having seen empty tables with the lovely rice paddy views I enquired if they had note of my special request for this view. Then I was told there was no record of my booking and we were being seated as walk-ins. I asked to check the bookings list in case my name was just misspelt-an easy mistake for foreign names in Bali. The waitress not only insisted there was no booking but went on an all out mission to prove me wrong ending in her thrusting the book in my face to show there was no booking recorded. No apology. Just continually refuting that we had booked despite me explaining that I had gone to their website for the number, asked for the rice paddy view and was told my request was noted. We left. And will not return.

• Visited February 2011
Phuket, Thailand
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2011

Lovely restaurant with excellent food, fantastic staff and in the most perfect setting. I will definately go back next time I visit Bali.

• Visited January 2011
Brisbane
“simply superb !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2011

We went to Sardine with a group of 6 people. The setting is absolutely lovely, overlooking the rice fields which get lit up at night and looks stunning.
We were greeted and seated by 4 waiters, and they were most attentive during the whole evening without being obtrusive. If you went to the bathroom, they escorted you back to your table. Whilst this restaurant is not really suited to take children due to lack of "child friendly" menu options, they did not look down on you if you did take them. The meals were absolutely delicious. They have a lovely terrace area which looks directly over the rice fields, where you can sit if you are awaiting your table or as a place to have your dessert. It is subtlely lit and could be quite romantic if that is what you required. Overall, we were very impressed with the whole restaurant. Superb food, excellent service, wonderful atmosphere.

• Visited December 2010