“Beautiful setting & food” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #23 of 103 Restaurants in Kerobokan
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Pully, Switzerland
“Beautiful setting & food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

We had dinner with my wife at Sardine and everything was perfect from beginning to start. This is definitely one of the very good dining experiences in Bali which has many disapointing and overpriced restaurants.

Visited July 2014

• Greek first
  • Indonesian first
Victoria, Australia
“Lovely setting, delicious food, attentive and professional service.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

Dinner at Sardine was the end of my birthday celebrations: breakfast at La Lucciola, lunch at Mr Potato Head (wine snacks and yes maybe a wee nap), dinner at Sardine. Fantastic! Fine cocktails, strong enough to warrant the term but with nicely balanced flavours. My grouper was one of the finest fish dinners I have ever had. A stunning view across rice paddies (not just for show), superb food, I recommend this place highly.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Delicious Food and South France vibe”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

What a great place for lunch or dinner. I love it's unmistakably South of France aesthetic of crisp white and blue against the Balinese rice fields. High-end yet still elegantly casual...The food is fresh, light but oh so moorish. My perfect lunch in the heat is Salade Nicoise and a glass of Chablis. I'm a bit spoilt but they serve the most delicious bread and olive oil... Hard not to finish the basket before you even get to see menu...

Brisbane
“Stunning Restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

Loved Sardine, certainly not cheap however the ambience and the view of the rice paddies is stunning. My husband had lobster which was brought to the table live and then cooked after our approval. I had the mahi mahi which was lovely. We had the soft shell crab for entrée and the chocolate mousse for dessert. The mains are not overly large however we were full by the time we left. Great pictures to be had if you are there as the sun goes down. Lovely night!

Visited July 2014
Jakarta
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014 via mobile

As a frequent visitor to this restaurant I was very disappointed with my visit today. Out of the many times I have come it is the first time I have encountered such an unwelcome environment by the hostess- despite making a prior booking. There was no effort or politeness to welcome us and we were just directed to a poorly lit corner table behind the bar. When asked if there was another table on the top patio it was just merely dismissed and when we walked out. No menus or server attended our table and when we finally decided to leave the hostess merely looked away as if our business is not needed. I find this to be so disappointing when restaurants feel they are doing so well they feel they can just ignore particular customers. No matter how good your location or food is, if your service and welcome is poor -- it truly does not matter. Because of today's experience I will no longer return nor provide the positive word of mouth to my friends and family that visit bali. Truly truly disappointed and feeling disrespected. I hope Sardine will not become a victim of it's own success. Take note and pay better attention.

• Visited July 2014