“Wow” 5 of 5 stars

Good for: Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Hobart, Australia
“Wow”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

The ambiance of this restaurant is really amazing. The food was spectacular and the service was excellent but the main attraction was the ambiance and the lovely setting.
Be prepared: alcohol can be very expensive in restaurants in Bali so any drinks can add a lot to the bottom line.

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

• Greek first
  • Indonesian first
London, United Kingdom
“Disappointment”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

Apart from the great setting and good cocktails, Sardine was sadly a big disappointment for us. My crab salad was completely bland and under-seasoned, the seafood pasta for my main course was made using shop bought pasta - which for the price is unacceptable. Both in Bingin and Ubud we ate for $5 at places who made their own pasta. When I complained to the waitress, I was told "but the sauce is homemade", well I make my own pasta sauce at home too and it has more taste than the one I was charged 240,000 IDR for.
When we complained to the Maitre d' she seemed surprised at our reponse and was not apologetic in any way, with no offer of anything to improve our experience. We didn't stay for dessert.
Overpriced - I'd say go elsewhere for half the price and you'll have a tastier meal.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“An absolute must!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

Sardine boasts an incredible location, stellar service, and absolutely delicious meals. We'd go back there in a heartbeat.

Visited April 2014
Sydney, Australia
“good spot for dinner but pricey”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

We had a special dinner here on the 14th April and as we arrived we were seated out the back on lounges near the rice paddy which looked stunning and offered a drink to begin while we waited for other friends to arrive. I think we started on Margueritta's which were alright. It was then that i discovered that they have a dress code as one of the staff informed me that singlets were not allowed and offered me a nice shirt to wear. I could understand this rule if it was Bintang singlet, but this is Bali afterall and i was wearing a yoga coutture fresh white singlet.
When we were seated we ordered some more drinks and decided what we wanted from the menu, with the waitress being helpful in answering any questions. I had the imported scollop dish (from Nova Scotia) with duck Ravioli which was very nice and just the right portions. I had the chocolate mousse for dessert which was outstanding.
Overall the place is great, nice views, ambience and service and great food. The prices are a little more than some places but good value for the standard of food. I would definitely go back and try a few more dishes.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Sydney, Australia
“Our favourite lunch place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014

We never miss lunch at Sardine on our regular trips to Bali, and enjoy taking friends with us when we do.

The food is fresh, well cooked, the subtle but distinctive use of flavours and spices only enhances the quality and presentation. Free flowing cold ice water is a nice touch and the wine list, though small has interesting selections, the Polena Donnafugata matched the food well!

Ask for a seat overlooking Rice Paddies when you book!

• Visited May 2014