“Over rated. A great disappointment!” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #26 of 119 Restaurants in Kerobokan
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Entertaining clients, Doing business, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dessert, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Singapore, Singapore
“Over rated. A great disappointment!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

I only have limited time in Bali & decided on this restaurant cos i saw great reviews.

If you are there just for the view or ambience, by all means pls proceed. My opinion is there are probably other resturants with good view too.

For resturants, I look at food & price.

The food was below average. We had a starter which was recommended by the house. Nothing fantastic. It was a sashimi with some sauce. We were served with a few poorly sliced sashimi, topped with mushrooms & sauce which was really not fantastic. I tried a very nice sauce in Australia (also sashimi with sauce). In comparison, what Sardine served was a let down.

My partner had a grilled fish with rice & I had a pasta. Honestly, the grilled fish came with a nicer plate of sauce. The coconut rice was not bad but the fish was so-so. Considering the price, I think we can get better food back at home. My paste was simply disappointing. I think I can whip up a nicer pasta :( The sauce was too blend & watery.

Both of us were so disappointed with the food that eventhough my partner was not too full, we decided to call for the bill & left the place. The food, the place... everything weren't fantastic. I'm so surprise by the good review given by others. Some even name it the best resturant in Bali (?) I guess that person/people only ate in Sardine (?)

My personal opinion is you may want to go if you have spare time & cash. If you have limited time like me, I feel you can give it a miss. Regreted taking my partner there. Shd have gone elsewhere...

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

• Greek first
  • Indonesian first
uk
“Another great dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

back in Bali & straight back to Sardine which again did not disappoint.

great seafood (& some good alternates - peking duck fantastic..), good cocktails & great service.

London, United Kingdom
“Dining sensation next to padi fields”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

This is a special restaurant, the setting on the edge of the paddy fields, beautifully lit, is superb. The building made of bamboo is very original and the service and food un-faultable. The staff are more Bali 5 star service than you would think possible, dressed elegantly in white. , and you can see the many chefs busy preparing the fabulous food. The cocktails are excellent, we had the arak madu, and shared the Hamachi sashimi and softshelled crab to start as our friends are watching their waist lines; both delicious. Then we all went for the Jimbaran whole fish, which was very fresh and perfectly cooked. Then we shared the ginger crème brulee and had another round of arak madus. Definitely be coming back, Thank you Sardine.

Kingston
“great ambience, average food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

loved the place, refined in the details, could have stayed there hours... food is average for the price they charge...but as they say you pay for the place too right? and the place is indeed worth it...food a bit less

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Perth, Australia
“Dining with the difference”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

I was just so blown away with the garden and the restaurant in a very positive way.
As soon as we walked in, there was a very warm welcome by the staff members, and I just couldn't help myself from getting my camera straight into work.
We've been to Bali several times, but I haven't seen "Bali backyard " like this one before, especially if comes to a restaurant.
Beautiful rice fields, very tranquil, clean, relaxing ambiance and the food absolutely delicious.
We've had bar snacks (it was lunch time) and we choose beet salad, green papaya salad, and sate of pork tenderloin. Prices were reasonable, but keep in mind there is always service and tax charge, some places up to 21%.
We loved Sardine, and recommend it to food and great ambiance lovers, who seek some peace & quiet from busy Bali streets life.