“Romantic venue but too far from town” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Bidadari Villas and Spa

You added The Bidadari Villas and Spa to your Saves list
The Bidadari Villas and Spa
4.0 of 5 Villa   |   Jl. Bumbak No. 27 Banjar Anyar Kelod, Kerobokan, Bali 80361, Indonesia   |
Singapore
“Romantic venue but too far from town”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

Stayed at the villa for three nights upon reading the great reviews. We had pick up service from airport and it took about 50 minutes to arrive. The villa is located in a rather remote location but you would appreciate the peace there.

Service was great upon check-in and we were showed to our villa within a short period of time. The villa was simply amazingly as we stepped in. The pool was nice enough for 2 person and the common area was nice and spacious. There was a hi-if set in the common area but most channels were tuned to the local stations so you should bring along your CDs. The common area includes a nice chill-out area and a kitchenette if you would like to cook. Utensils and cutleries were also readily available. There is a small sheltered hut near the pool which is great for relaxing after a swim. The bedroom was unfortunately quite small and the layout of the bathroom was a little awkward. I love the rose petals in the bathtub on our 1st day though! The room was not carpeted so it felt like we were in a chalet rather than a villa and it was a little uncomfortable. It is important to boring along mosquito repellent or coil as the mosquito net around the bed didn't quite work. My partner got bitten very badly during the night.

There are several nice restaurants outside the hotel. We went to a small cafe right outside the hotel for a beer but most of them close by 11pm. The hotel offers free shuttle to Kuta and Seminyak. Traffic is bad in Bali and it took almost 50 minutes to get to Kuta beach. Much of our time were unfortunately spent on traveling. If we were to stay in the same villa, we should probably stay in the villa to enjoy the amenities.

I did 2 sessions of massage at the spa and both sessions were fantastic. The masseur was very service-oriented and professional. I'm very critical of every massage service but I'm impressed with their service at this spa.

Breakfast was good and you get to select your choice on the previous night. I certainly appreciate the tranquility of this villa especially waking up to see a herds of cows in the paddy field in front of our villa and admiring the bright shining stars in the night.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
BidadariVilla, General Manager at The Bidadari Villas and Spa, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
On behalf of the team at The Bidadari Villas and Spa, I would like to thank you for staying with us. It was a great pleasure to be of service to you. You comments and suggestions will assist us to keep The Bidadari Villas and Spa synonimous with hospitality. We hope could be of service to you again in other occasion in the future. Best regrads, Made WISNADA / General Manager

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

The villa has a pool of friendly, helpful and ever-smiling staff. I was surprised to receive a birthday cake on my birthday morning. Not one but SEVEN staff of different work titles marched into the villa and sang me a birthday song with a lovely heart-shaped cake!

Morning breakfast was of generous portions and food was neat! However, it would be good if there were more choices, especially for one who stays more than 2 days. Not forgetting to mention that you could enjoy your meals in the comfort of your own villa,with everything set up including food arrangement on the dining table! Villa Service was fast, hassle-free n efficient without fail.

Another impressive expereince was the clean and spacious private pool, My friends and I were sceptical initially about the maintenance of the pool but it ended up much to our delight. In addition, the villa provides reliable and free shuttle service to Kuta/Legian/Seminyak areas(one way).It takes less than 30 mins to reach on a reasonably smooth traffic condition. Drivers are all honest, helpful and kind!

If wi-fi is a neceesity, it may disappoint a few as the strength was weak ,in fact NIL from the villa . though one would be guilt -strickened to acknowledge that a holiday in such tranquility would best do without internet distractions, it's one of the entertainment in modern world afterall. For that matter,guests have to proceed to the lobby area for free acess to internet. Service was reliable but do consider the downside that mosquitoes be your potential companions (night time) .

All in all, Everytime i stepped into the lobby, warm greetings from reception was the norm. I love the cosy family feel . If you do not need to stay right in town where the hustles and bustles are, this villa is a great choice for its tranquility, peacefulness and quiet ambience.

WE HAD A WONDERFUL STAY THERE!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

We went to Bali for a weekend trip in May. We booked a two bed room pool villa. The Hotel was excellent. The rooms and pool were clean. The staff were very friendly. Irrespective of the time of our request , they were always ready to help. The food was good. You can get vegetarian food as well even though the options were not too many.

The hotel is not located in the city center but they have shuttles if you want to visit.

Overall, great hotel with good service.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Subiaco, Western Australia, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

This was my husband and I first trip to Bali and we did our research beforehand on Villas always read the reviews on Tripadvisor. From the moment we arrived at Bidadari Luxury Villa we were greeted with warm friendly staff who went out of there way to make our stay very enjoyable. The villa was gorgeous and such an Oasis. The Villa was very private and we spent lots of time relaxing and swimming in our private pool. Our Villa was very clean and was serviced daily.
We also used the Villas Driver and took some tours around the island, he was very polite, and knowledgeable.
We both really enjoyed at our stay at Bidadari Luxury Villa & Spa and highly recommend this accommodation to any travellers.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

My fiance' and I recently returned from a long weekend in Bali where we stayed at the Bidadari Luxury Villa and Spa. This was our first trip to Bali and I relied heavily on TripAdvisor and the Resort's website to make a decision... neither disappointed. Our experience at Bidadari can only be described as AWESOME!

This is one place where the pictures on the website do little to show the true beauty of this place. Don't get me wrong the pictures on the site are very nice, it is one of the reasons we chose this place. Immediately when arriving, even at midnight, you get a sense of just how tranquil your stay is going to be.

When we arrived at the resort, we pulled into a open courtyard that is just beautiful. Check-in was speedy and effortless. We were escorted to our villa and given a brief overview of the villa's amenities and the property and we left to begin enjoying our stay. As soon as the porter opened the door to our villa we were stunned with the beauty of the garden area. The outdoor area is complete with a large private pool, dining area, and louge area. Everything was immaculate. The pool was clean, the outdoor furniture was clean and well cared for. The same can be said for the bedroom. The canopy bed was just lovely and quite comfortable. The bathroom was clean and well stocked with one small exception there were no wash cloths. I know this is an American thing, so it was no biggie. The shower is a stand alone shower that is just outside the bathroom. Yes, really it is outside, still very private and accessible from the bathroom. I actually grew to love showering under the stars. Like I said, I was there with my fiance'. lol Housekeeping operated in stealth mode. The best type of housekeeping there is. I'm one of those people that feel, I'm in their way and rush to leave the room. No need to rush, apparently they operate on your schedule, gotta love that. We'd go out for breakfast and come back to a clean villa and we'd never see them coming or going.

We ate most of our meals at the resort. All of which were really good. However, the breakfast menu doens't offer much variety. Dinner was also very good, we ate something different each time and it was very good and reasonably priced for the service and portion sizes. The staff are even willing to bring and setup breakfast/dinner for you in your villa if you'd like. That was nice as well.

No trip to Bali would be complete without a spa day. We took advantage of one of the spa packages offered at the resort and loved it, even my fiance' had to admit that it was a great experience. For the price of a single 60 minute massage in other countries we were able to enjoy a 2 hour couples spa package. The massage therapist were very good and very professional.

The staff went out of their way to make us feel welcomed and make sure our every need was taken care of. The staff were friendly and honest, greeting us each day by name and giving us honest advice about how and where to book tours. There was never any pressure to use their services, because of this, we chose to use their services. During our stay, we hired a car and driver from the resort for the day. The driver patiently chauffered us around to various sites for shopping and sightseeting. At no time did we feel pressured or rushed. Special thanks to our driver, whose name I'm not sure how to spell but i believe it is Kumon. :)

To wrap this up, I don't think it is possible to have a bad stay at Bidadari. If you are the type of traveller that wants the hotel to provide onsite entertainment for you, this is not the place for you. However, if you are looking to have a tranquil and worry-free stay in a naturally beautiful place, look no futher book now. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and we are looking to come back in 2014.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Darwin, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

Once again I booked accommodation going on Tripadvisor reviews. What you see in the photos is what you get, unlike many places that look awesome in the photos and don't measure up when you actually see them.
The villas were gorgeous, very quiet (just what we wanted) and I cannot rate the staff highly enough, from the General Manager Mr Made Wisnada and his counterpart (also Made) to the restaurant staff, reception staff, drivers and cleaners. The 2 Mades invited us to have tea with them before we left on our last day, which we thoroughly enjoyed and were made to feel honoured guests.
Outside our villas we could see rice padis and cows - the sense of space was lovely after previously staying in crowded areas like Nusa Dua and Sanur. Although semi-rural it is a short walk to local businesses including massage parlours and restaurants, and most evenings we walked up to experience the cuisine - an amazing Japanese restaurant Seki Tei that has the cleanest windows I have ever seen, and a real French spot called Joli.
The reception staff at the hotel were always willing to drop us off in Kuta, Legian or Seminyak, and we just had to catch a cab back - very cheap.
Our private pool was utterly gorgeous, and the sprinkling of fragrant frangipani flowers floating on the surface gave the whole place a beautiful tropical ambience. The pool was big enough to swim in, not just a plunge pool.
There is WiFi in the restaurant and lobby, thankfully not reaching the rooms!
The only recommendation would be a couple of pool lounges in the sitting area, although there is a lovely padded Bali hut in the garden.
I have been to Bali many times and it's not often I find a place I would return to, but I will definitely be back to this magic spot. Thank you, Made and Made and your lovely staff, for making our stay better than expected.

Room Tip: We had Villa 12, 2 bedrooms with private pool - perfect.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Stayed in Bidadari from 28 March to 31 March 2013. Enjoyed full privacy and staff good services. Nice pool , rooms & kithen facilties. The front desk staff deserved the best praised , always ready to help . The shuttle service is good, ready to drop us at any time to Kuta & seminyak at our conveniance with a short notice for arrangement. I had a very enjoyable days & privacy with my freinds . The private pool in the villa , we enjoyed and loved it. A fredom gateaway. Full privacy.

S.Dhass

Room Tip: No comment, as all the private villa has the best privacy.U will fell fredom. Even u are in romantic...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Bidadari Villas and Spa? Share your experiences!