9 of us went to Bali for a family wedding and stayed here and we all loved it. The location may not be the most central, but by no mean far away. In fact I on purposely picked this as we did not want to be in the middle of the party town (5 of us are over 60, 4 of us over 30). They have a shuttle bus service which makes getting in and out easy. We had 2 two-bedrooms private pool villas right next to each other at the back of the premises, which was great as we feel like we had that end of the villa all by ourselves. The setting of the rooms are as beautiful as the photos portrait. We paid an extra USD 50 a night for an extra bed which was a proper thick mattress on the floor, which was more than we expected (we thought it might be a cheap fold out bed with cardboard thin mattress and squeaky springs!). My brother slept like a log on it. The bathrooms are "open planned", as in accessible without door from the outside (shower, bath tub and loo), but with a lockable door from the bedroom. It took a little while, but not too long, to get used to. I get the reason and convenience of it - walking straight into the shower after swimming in the pool, without getting the bedroom floor wet, or getting chill from the bedroom air con. We arranged to have breakfast cooked in one of our kitchens and ate together. The eggs were a bit overcooked on the first morning, but after some supervision from the mums in my group, the eggs improved as time goes on. You have to bear in mind the staff are a bunch of young girls, very capable as they look after everything, but definitely have room for improvement (as we all do). With 9 of us, we have tasted everything on the breakfast menu, and the dishes we highly recommend are the fried rice and jaffle (banana and cheese toasted sandwich - sounds strange, but it works and very tasty). Go for papaya or watermelon or lemon juice - they are fresh. But orange juice seems to be from the cordial/diluted stuff, not so nice. The staff, oh well, what can I say, superb service. They are always smiling and happy to help. For those of us living in the west, where customer service is rare, this will be a very pleasant experience! We all thoroughly enjoyed our stay there. Facility availble in the room include bath towels, beach towels, drinking water fountain (both cold and hot), safe, hair dryer, bath robe, slippers, shower gel etc. The only thing kept me from giving a 5 star rating, was that the bath towels need a bit of updating. The towels were more grey than white, definitely clean (I could smell the detergent), but the colour was a bit uninviting. Other than that, everything was great. Loved it, and thank you to the staff there for making our stay wonderful! x
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxurious holiday villas in Bali with private pool, kitchen, living and dining room. It is located 20 minutes from Bali International airport and 10 minutes from Seminyak Beach and night life in Seminyak area. Our spa is a good choice for relaxation and healing service. Honeymoon package, family package are available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Orbitz, Expedia, AsiaRooms, Priceline, Tingo, HotelsClick, HostelWorld, HostelBookers, Despegar.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Otel so you can book your Grand Avenue Bali reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Avenue Bali Hotel Kerobokan
- Grand Avenue Bali Kerobokan