“Lovely stay, great staff, convenient location...” 4 of 5 stars

Kokonut Suites
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jl Raya Petitenget No 88, Kerobokan, Bali, Indonesia   |
Ranked #5 of 21 Hotels in Kerobokan
Sydney, Australia
“Lovely stay, great staff, convenient location...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

We bought a group buying voucher & stayed here for 4 nights. Being our first time in Bali, we weren't sure what to expect.

The room was clean but unfortunately the place was crawling with huge red ants!!
It was so bad, we couldn't leave drinks or food out.

The rooms are well equipped with all the essentials. We didn't stay in our rooms much as there was so much to see!

That aside, the resort is situated next to rice fields, a beautiful view to wake up to in the morning.

The pool was a decent size & was very clean.

The staff at the restaurant were nice and buffet breakfast was included in our package. The food was ok (good enough to fill us up to lunch time). The food choices were the same every morning, so we got quite bored of it pretty quickly. The usual breakfast stuff, cereal and room temperature milk (ugh), toast, Bali bacon, chicken sausages, traditional foods, the banana pancakes is what saw me through the 4 nights! Lol

The highlight of my stay here was the day spa at the resort...I had a massage & a coconut body scrub- the whole experience was outstanding from start to finish. The staff there were fantastic!!!

I'm not sure if we would stay there again but realistically it was excellent value.

Would definitely go back for the day spa experience!!

• Stayed September 2012
Chandra I, General Manager at Kokonut Suites, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Dear Sirs,

Thank you very much for your feedback regarding Kokonut Suites..

Apology about the red ants, seems our coconut leaves need to be trimmed again. We try to always give the best service to our valuable guests and it's a great review you submit here.

Once again, I highly appreciate your input and shall looking forward to meet you on your next visit.

Yours Truly,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
  • Indonesian first
Perth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

I have just spent 6 days at Kokonut Suites with my family.
I have stayed a couple of times at this hotel over the years and can say that in the past 6 months the management have worked at improving every aspect of this hotel.
The rooms were clean , staff attentive and quickly got what ever was requested.
The mosquito problem they had last year has been rectified this could be because the building behide is at a different stage last year was the first year we had noticed a mosquito problem.
My family always find the staff to be friendly and vey keen to practice their English and teach my children some Indonesian words.
This hotel works for my family as there is enough walk up restaurant near and to get in a cab and go to eat street is only 8mins away . We had no issues with wifi during our stay
The day spa is well with a visit. And the pool is a welcome sight after a day out sightseeing.
This a small hotel with a lot to offer whether you are a family , single traveller or a group of friends away for a break.
Thank you all at Kokonut Suites for a truly lovely hoilday.
Lisa Perth

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Chandra I, General Manager at Kokonut Suites, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Dear Sirs,

Thank you very much for your feedback regarding Kokonut Suites..

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

In the heart of kerokoban and near the emerging restaurant area in Bali we found the 2 bedroom suites to be well appointed.

Soft comfortable beds and pillows.

Good breakfast every morning. Staff were most polite. Great value massage treatment - so good it's a crime not to indulge every day.

Room Tip: If travelling with another couple or family ask for a suite.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Chandra I, General Manager at Kokonut Suites, responded to this review, April 7, 2013
Dear Sirs,

Thank you very much for your feedback regarding Kokonut Suites.. We try to always give the best service to our valuable guests and it's a great review you submit here.

Dublin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

There were a number of issues. Firstly breakfast service was terrible and unorganized there was a lack of staff and food. No cups or glasses available and had to ask every time.

Next issue was wifi the signal was terrible in my suite constantly dropping out and that stupid login page where I had to authenticate every few minutes. The speed was terribly slow as well.

The swimming pool was not well maintained at one stage when I got in I found pieces of toilet paper floating in the water.

I had the misfortune of eating dinner also. I arrived at 10.20pm and was told your kitchen was closed. I asked what time it closed at and was told 10.30pm after stating it was not 10.30pm my order was taken. The quality of the food is shocking I ordered pasta and it was prepared in 3 minutes in a microwave. I could clearly see this from my seat. The price charged I would expect to at least get a fresh meal.

There is also a general lack of maintenance in the whole complex it would do no harm to paint some of the walls especially around the pool area it looks like nothing has been done since you opened in 2008.

The last issue is the shower in the suite. The pressure and temperature is constantly changing and the way the slower head holder is designed your unable to tilt it downwards.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Chandra I, General Manager at Kokonut Suites, responded to this review, April 2, 2013

Thank you very much for your feedback regarding Kokonut Suites

We apologize for the inconvenience you experience during stay and action plan has been discussed and follow up definitely. We try to always give the best service to our valuable guests and it's a great review you submit here.

Jakarta, Indonesia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is located in Petitenget area and it looks good from outside.

The location is good and you can find cheap and good chinese food restaurant in front of the hotel.

Check in process was quite fast and I got first floor room. The room was spacious, has a living room, kitchen, refrigerator, and dining table. We also can access the garden from our room. The room is a bit dark but still ok.

During the day, the room was fine but at night the room was horibble. Mosquitos were every where and it was a lot and annoying.

Called the staff and they spray my room while I went for dinner. After I got back from my dinner, I found dead mosquitos everywhere on the floor. Apparently it wasnt the only mosquitos because they keep coming so I asked the staff again the mosquito spray but they were running out of it and dont have a good solution.

Finally I asked to move to the second floor room and it was better. The room has a balcony and if you dont open the door, your room should be mosquitos or bugs free.

The breakfast is ok, not so many choices but eatable. Try to take the food from "safe" place because there were flies.

The pool is nice and they provide books for you to read while relaxing by the pool. They also have a tiny gym studio and it looks clean.

• Stayed November 2012
Dear Sirs,

Thank you very much for your feedback regarding Kokonut Suites. We took some notes on the mosquito and will follow it up accordingly. We try to always give the best service to our valuable guests and it's a great review you submit here.

Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

We recently stayed in a two bedroom suite at the Kokonut Suites in Seminyak Bali. We would highly recommend it for anyone who is looking for a lovely get-away in Bali. The rooms were spacious and clean, the grounds were quiet and well-manicured and the staff were so very friendly and helpful. The restaurant was relaxing and we enjoyed eating our breakfasts and dinners there most nights. We also had massages which were very relaxing. The Kokonut Suites had a free shuttle service into Seminyak which was very helpful and we just paid a couple of dollars for a taxi back to the Suites. The location was excellent, and convenience stores were located very close, within walking distance, to buy bottled drinks and snacks. We would hightly recommend the Kokonut Suites and we look forward to our return visit.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Chandra I, General Manager at Kokonut Suites, responded to this review, March 6, 2013

Istanbul, Turkey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

The rooms were pretty nice considering the price. Lots of space and nice smiling staff. The location is also pretty good, 5 minutes distance to the best night and beachclubs such as KuDeTa and Potato Head

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Chandra I, General Manager at Kokonut Suites, responded to this review, February 4, 2013

Yours Truly,

Been to Kokonut Suites? Share your experiences!