I spent my first night in Bali in the Tirta Ayu Hotel. This had all been pre-arranged by my travel agent. From the moment I stepped out of the car to the moment I left I can't believe how well I was treated and looked after. The staff could not do enough for me. I was allocated Villa No.1 which really was something special. My only slight issue was the tiny doorway - I had to bend down to get in but as I'm well over 6 foot it was not a problem! The bed was very comfortable and I loved the semi-outdoor bathroom. I chose to eat in the restaurant for dinner and the staff reserved the table on the balcony overlooking the Water Palace itself. The food was excellent and I ended up having a good chat with one of the waiters over my coffee and arak at the end of the meal. As other reviewers have said, make the most of the gardens once the crowds have gone for the day. It's a beautiful situation to be in and I hope to return someday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover Bali's ultimate number one holiday destination the fabulous Tirta Ayu Hotel (which means lovely waters). Located within the beautiful, secure 22-acre grounds of Bali's most treasured Royal Water Palace at Tirtagangga and situated in the Karangasem Regency of East Bali which is overlooked by Mount Agung. Views of the surrounding countryside are blessed with some of the most amazing rice terraces with the warm crystal clear ocean in the distance. This is real Bali at its best. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Agoda, Priceline, Hotels.com, Fastbooking, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Tirta Ayu Hotel & Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tirta Ayu Hotel And Restaurant
- Tirta Ayu Hotel & Restaurant Bali/Karangasem