“Chiiling Out” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Villa Matanai

You added Villa Matanai to your Saves list
Villa Matanai
2.0 of 5 Villa   |   Jl. Pantai Jasri | Jasri Beach, Karangasem, Bali, Indonesia   |
Sydney
“Chiiling Out”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

We stayed here through a recommendation of our friend. Vince and his staff are very obliging. We stayed in an upstairs room overlooking the pool and ocean. You dont have to travel to dine/drink as everything is there for you. Would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great whichever you choose.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
nsw
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

we stayed at villa matania 2 recently, there were 5 of us, we had a great time, the position of the villas are fantastic, my brother in law had a great surf just up the beach from the villas, where you can walk along the beachfront, the villa was great plenty of room, great bali bale to sit under and have drinks, the best thing was having sitting down to dinner like home around the outdoor setting, and having dinner cooked for you from the villas restaurant. vince and agung the owners were fantastic, organised our transfers as we went to balian after jasri, organised trip to virgin beach, nothing was a hassle, ps andrew carries that torch you gave him everywhere, will definately be back.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

A BIG THANK YOU TO Vince and Agung from VILLA MATANAI at Jasri, we had a great time! Nice chilled relaxed place to stay. Great accommodation with three swimming pools, great food and an Ozzie/local who can organise trips for you. THIS IS A GREAT VILLA AND BY FAR THE BEST VALUE FOR MONEY ACCOMODATION AND FOOD we had on this trip that has comfortable transport. There is right hand surf! Jasri is on the East side of Bali near Candidasa. Villa Matanai.com Phone is +6281337611010 for bookings call Vince or Agung for details, they really looked after us!

Room Tip: Third time we have stayed here. We prefered the upstair honeymoon room but this time we were with fa...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Copacabana, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

We had been trvelling through Indonesia this year to Sumatra, Java, Sumbawa and South Lombok and did not want to stay in the Kuta Legian Seminyak area on our return to Bali. We had been looking for a place away from the madness there for years and had finally found it! VILLA MATANAI IS SENSATIONAL !!!
The room my wife and I stayed in was huge, upstairs with a beautiful view. Vinnie , Agung and their staff could not do enough for us. Food was amazing every meal. The setting in amongst the coconut groves, right on the beach, looking across the strait at Mt Rinjani Lombok and behind us to Mt Agung Bali was a scene from Paradise. We stayed three nights instead of one and left reluctantly as we had to fly home to Oz after months away. Our friend, who lives in Legian, has now adopted Villa M as his "weekend escape".
SERIOUSLY, CANNOT RECOMMEND THIS PLACE HIGHLY ENOUGH.
We are planning to return for a significant stay next year, book out the whole place to celebrate our 60th Birthdays with family and friends. Thanks Vinnie and Agung! Legends!!

Room Tip: Upstairs rooms allow more of the view. Vinni and Agung's old bedroom upstairs is amazing. Chea...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Albion Park, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I stayed with a friend as part of a yoga retreat nearby.

Originally we were to stay in the hotel style rooms....Although they are clean, we wanted something with a bit more room, as we were sharing. We ended up moving to another room in villa, with a queen bed & a king single, again the bathroom was shared with other guests. The air conditioner worked well, the single bed squeaked each time I rolled over.

There was wi fi but it was abit patchy.

The restaurant... serves western & Indonesia food & again is ok & reasonably priced. The chairs could do with some more cushions as they are abit hard especially on the back.

The staff are helpful & friendly. Vince is very helpful & can recommend things t do & see.

The location is lovely right on the beach.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with an ensuite
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
sawtell
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

My wife and I stayed at Villa Matanai after receiving rave reviews from a friend who is a regular guest. As soon as we arrived I realised that his recommendation was spot on. The rooms are spaces, clean and have everything you expect. The complex is set in one of the most beautiful spots I have visited in Bali, it is out of the 'rat race' and a great place to just unwind and relax. If you need to shop Candidasa is a short trip away (15 to 20 mins) and a car and driver was available to us upon request . Plenty of other attractions to visit if you feel the need but I was more than happy to just stay, relax and enjoy the tranquility . Vince, Agung, and the staff (and Gus) are friendly and fantastic hosts. Food was great, no need to eat anywhere else. I can not wait for my next visit.

Room Tip: Be guided by the owner of staff when you book. They will give you the best available option
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Geelong
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

I stayed at Villa Matanai for the duration of a retreat I was attending at Santiago, and the moment I stepped into my room I knew, retreat or no retreat, I would find the peace and tranquility I had come to Bali for. I was lucky enough to have a sea view room on the second level and it was the loveliest room I had ever had. I must say here that I am generally a budget traveller, but this room had virtually two walls of glass and I could lie on the bed and see the ocean through the palm trees. There was a large terrace in front of my room that, although anyone could access it, they seldom did, and as soon as they realised it was a private room, they beat a hasty retreat. The hosts of the Matanai are very friendly and obliging and although I did not need to eat there, I heard from others that the food was good. There were little things that might bother you if you expect perfection. For some reason, the water that came out of my shower was never even warm, but others did not have this problem, and as I don't worry about little things, I took it in my stride. The weather was hot after all! There was no power point in the bathroom, but a hole where it had been, and I had to stoop to look in the mirror. Apart from that, I found the Matanai glorious! The pools were great, and the villagers were so lovely and friendly. I have been to many countries, but Jasri in Bali really struck a chord in my heart. It is easy to get a car and driver to take you further afield for a few hours or even the whole day if you wish. If you are just after a restful experience, the Villa Matanai and surrounding walks are enough to sustain you for a while. I just loved it!

Room Tip: For singles or a couple, it is worth paying more for a superior room, especially if you are going to...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Been to Villa Matanai? Share your experiences!