“"Fantastic stay in Amazing Villa Flow"” 5 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Villa   |   Seraya-Barat, Karangasem, Bali 80871, Indonesia   |
Special Offer
☀ LAST MINUTE 15% OFF ☀
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“"Fantastic stay in Amazing Villa Flow"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2012

"Located smack in the middle of a very small village, there is not much to do in terms of bars and dining. So don’t go to Seraya for cocktails and steak because you won’t find it. You will find though a really good healthy menu. All fresh, organic, and a lot from the villa’s own gardens. The staff are very friendly, and are there to please. The swimming pool is a great place to relax and the villa offers the best massages. Enough cultural and interesting trips to do in the area. Great place for a 4-5 day trip for those who want to see the more authentic side of Bali!"

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
The Hague
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2012

Our stay at the Villa flow was excellent. The first thing you notice is how beautiful the compound is. Lots of green that is taken care of every day by the gardeners. The second thing we immidiately noticed was how clean and new everything looks. We stayed in the Coconut House and it was very pleasant and it had a very nice view on the garden, green coastline and sea.
One of the best things at Villa Flow was the food. A wide variety of very healthy meals which tasted delicious. Everyday there were new things on the menu for breakfast, lunch and dinner. We didn´t know that the healthy food could taste so good. A lot of it comes straight from their own garden where they grow spices and vegetables.
The staff were very polite and friendly and the quality of services was very good.
We will definitely visit Villa Flow again in the future and can recommand it to others.

Room Tip: Choose the Coconut House!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed in Villa Flow for 3 nights in early November '11 and we loved this "hidden gem" in East Bali. Highest on the list was the healthy natural food, especially the daily-changing breakfast - all fresh, tasty and organic with many ingredients from the Villa's own garden (owner Serge is happy to take guests on a garden tour and explain everything about the fruits and vegetables in the garden!). If ever we could have this at home... We also liked the beautiful sea views, the massages, the private beachfront land close-by for a perfect sunset, the "room with a view" as well as the upper floor of the Coconut House - very romantic (we tried both), the rice field trekking followed by a fantastic Balinese lunch (restaurant Bali Asli) with the most spectacular view you can imagine, etc. Thanks to Serge, Inge and the rest of the family and the friendly crew for a wonderful and authentic Balinese experience, we'll be back!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
KL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2012

I stayed for two nights at Villa flow on the top floor of the little wooden house, called coconut house. The view is amazing and the atmosphere has the charm of the old days. Open room, which lets in lots of air and a nice little breeze. No technology, meaning no TV or air-conditioning, only a fan at the very top of the room. Mosquito net around the bed to protect from little blood suckers. The Villa is not directly at the ocean but elevated, so that you have a nice view from the room onto the ocean and the little garden. Amazing to be tickled by sun beams to wake you up (only if you do not close the shades) and have a full blown few of beautiful bali. This is the place to escape the information overflow and wind down. Nice spot to meditate.

The place does not have a beach, however they have some nice private spot at the sea. It is on a cliff, but the view is awesome and the right spot to be for sunset.

Food is awesome. As mentioned in some of the comments: It is natural food, so don't expect the fried onion rings with hamburger or so. Most of the fruits and vegetable are sourced from the organic garden that the hosts are maintaining in the villa. Ask for a tour before lunch or dinner through the garden, it is amazing what variety of fruits and vegetable they are growing and it will be fun to recognize some of it in your dish again.

Reading all the comments, I must say that all are accurate and I could not agree more. LaHaug put some downsides to the place. It is nature and you will see some insects crawling around. City kids might not like it, but hey not everything comes frozen out of the fridge. The cocks you will hear all day around, but it did not bother me, because too tired and added a charm of village to it. Lee Hoon L outlined some of the great activities you can do. I did the massage, hmmmm very relaxing... I did the yoga class, I learned something and it added to the overall atmosphere of relaxation and charging the batteries, after busy KL where I escaped from. The rice field walk is also nice, but something you do once and then no more. For sure end the rice field walk with a nice dinner at restaurant overlooking the rice fields. Forgot the name, but I am sure the owners will let you know if you inquire.

The villa is far away from the airport, so if you want to dwell in night life and touristic things, i believe this is not the right place. But if you want to focus on yourself, enjoy the nature and spend some quality times with friends or family, definitely the place to be.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Taipei, Taiwan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2012 via mobile

This is a tough review to write. I think Villa Flow is a marvelous place, although it didn't work out for my family. We are generally very picky, non-healthy eaters. The food served at Villa Flow is very healthy. For me personally it was some of the best food I have eaten in my entire life and I would go back just for the food. However, my kids wouldn't eat anything they were served, and so we had to leave after 1 day.

We watched staff climb a coconut tree and cut down coconuts. They cut one open and gave to the children and me to try. They also cut open the top of a 2nd coconut, cut a hole in it and gave it to us with 2 straws so that we could drink the milk. How wonderful was that? Amazing. Sadly, my kids didn't like it at all. It was too far out of their comfort zone. My apologies to Serge and Inga as well as their staff.

We stayed in The Coconut house. It's view to the ocean is beautiful. However, we were freaked out by the gigantic spider who wanted to spend the night with us. If I went back I would opt for one of the other rooms. I never saw inside of them, but they looked like they may be a little less welcoming to insects and lizards.

The pool is amazing. Beautifully laid out and, again, fabulous view toward the ocean.

One big negative which I don't think is reflective of my picky family was the noise level. I expected peace and solitude. However, Villa Flow is in the middle of real life Bali and, as such, it is surrounded by a lot of chickens. Very loud chickens. If they just crowed in the morning they would not have bothered me but, at least for the short time we were there, they crowed non stop all day long. The noise was too much for me and destroyed the peace I had expected to experience.

My opinion is varied. If you have kids I don't think this is the best place to stay. If you are a couple (or a single) who wants to enjoy some amazing Balinese food I would highly recommend staying here. If you will be out adventuring every day and returning for fabulous food and beautiful views in the evening, this will be a wonderful place. If you plan to spend quiet days reading by the pool I don't think this is your place.

The owners are lovely. I do not mean for this review to sound negative. It really is a lovely place and I cannot say enough times that the food was out-of-this-world great.

• Stayed December 2011
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2011 via mobile

Stayed at Villa Flow for 2 nights in November. The rooms and views are wonderful, and it's a great place to get away! While it is quite a distance from the hustle and bustle, there is plenty to do around, including White Sands Beach, and Rice Patty Treaking.
Also, the food is really good at Villa Flow, and I can't say enough wonderful things about the hosts, Inge and Serge!

Sabina

• Stayed November 2011
Dublin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2011

Hi
Just want to say thanks to Inga and & Serge (& family, including Bo!) for my time in VF. Was a really nice break...a little corner of paradise! food really good, swimming pool amazing - all in all a really cool break, well recommended.
Pol

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Villa Flow? Share your experiences!