“Kebun Impian - a taste of the 'real' Bali” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Kebun Impian

You added Kebun Impian to your Saves list
Kebun Impian
2.5 of 5 Guest house   |   | Dusun Meraja Seraya Bara, Karangasem, Bali, Indonesia   |
Ranked #7 of 45 Karangasem B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Kebun Impian - a taste of the 'real' Bali”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

Our family (2 boys, 8 & 10) spent four days at Kebun Impian and had a fabulous time. The place and location is a great balance to the typical Bali experience, and well worth the trip East. John, Wayan and their wonderful staff immediately make you feel at home and it is impossible not to relax and rejuvenate. Wayan's food is superb, and her cooking class is highly recommended. We will be back!

• Stayed January 2013

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Indonesian first
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

I stumbled on this gem runned by John and Wayan on the internet, the night before I was leaving for Bali. After arriving in Bali really have no idea what to expect, being that these experiences aren't always perfect...My expectations were beyond met and perfect. I stayed for about 3 weeks, needing nothing more than a great deal of rest and relaxation. This was the perfect place. The food was amazingly prepared each day in additon to great service and care to their guest. I was even fortunate enough to meet a couple on their honeymoon from Prague, whom I still remain in contact with. The kindness and generosity of spirit is also an added plus for this little paradise. Cheers to John and Wayan! PS loved my daily massage each day!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Waddinxveen, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

John, Wayan and their staff really understand what service is; a perfect place to relaxe en re- energise. A perfect Baline kitchen is combined with a the luxury from swimming pool to panorama views!
Togeyher with Kadeh I made a wonderfull fishing trip; the catch of the day was being cooked in the afternoon and served as main dish!

Room Tip: room nearest to the pool
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

I came to this hotel because of the rain and I received a really good welcome. The room I had was even to big for me! I really enjoyed the bathroom with open sky. I could talk with everyone even some friends of the owner. The pool is just in front of the sea. I definitely recommand this place for travellers or even for a longer stay.
The restaurant food is fantastic

• Stayed December 2012
Werchter, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

Only stayed for a night, but couldn't ask for more for the price of 50$ a night/bungalow. Amazing pool, great food, superfriendly owners. Tip: Set your alarm for the sunrise, it's amazing from the hut/pergola next to the infinity pool!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Mainz, Rheinland-Pfalz, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

John and Wayan we dont know how people can not judge your hotel and restaurant. It was amazing.The location, the view over the sea is great. The service and the hospitality to me super. The food was great!We had fresh fish, Satay, Nasi Goreng, Pancakes and fresh fruit juices.
So thank you for the amazing experiance at your place!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Ubud, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

Thank you John and Wayan: yet again, a perfect and tranquil respite enjoying your charming and elegant hospitality. Could there be a more beautiful setting? If I close my eyes I am back in the bale gazing at the endless sea, fishing boats bobbing and the waves rolling right to the edge of your garden. The food is always keenly anticipated: I love the freshness, the care in presentation and the skill in preparation. My pristine simple bedroom and the glowing smiling faces of your staff are joyful to behold. Do I sound happy in the memory? I hope so: and may there be many more memory making visits to come. I would recommend Kebun Impian to travellers eager to experience generous hospitality and the warmth and open heartedness of Balinese people. OK, John isn't quite Balinese, but his welcome certainly is. I'll be back. I'm sure there's food I've still to eat...

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Been to Kebun Impian? Share your experiences!