“Our family loved having lunch here” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #36 of 88 Restaurants in Karangasem
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Our family loved having lunch here”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

The view will take your breath away. What a great place to stop, sit and have lunch while admiring a beautiful valley of rice fields - and if you are extra lucky - a view of Mt Agung. We stopped here before visiting the Besakih Temple and found the food great being able to choose what we liked, eat as much as needed and wash this down with tea or coffee. The cost per person was approx 100,000 rupiah - about $11 NZ - maybe not cheap by Bali standards but still outstanding value for the location, view, food selection and friendly service.

Visited October 2013

Vilanova i la Geltru, Spain
“Breathtaking view and normal buffet food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

Our guide brought us there after visiting the Mother Temple of Besakih.

The place was nice and very clean, with a complete open-concept. You can admire a breathtaking view of the rice fields under the slopes of Mount Ayung which made us enjoy a nice lunch.

The buffet was nothing special, the same food as we already had in other two buffets that we visited during our visits around the island of Bali. The quality was Ok, and the price similar to the other buffets.

As other people say, no local people eating there, just tourists, but no problem at all.

The place is OK.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Brisbane, Australia
“I had a nice lunch here with a Great View”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

I dont know why everyone is saying that it is a Touristy Restaurant of coarse it is but so is 90 percent of Bali, I had lunch here after a visit to the Besakih Temple, I found the Food to be good and the view was worth it, I even asked one of the staff to take a photo of me with the view in the background and he was more than willing to do it, A tip agree to a price before you eat...

I paid 100,000 Rupiah which works out to be $10 AUD and that was with a free drink. I would recommend this place !!

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Manila, Philippines
“Lousy food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

We had lunch again in Lereng Agung after our visit to Besakih. This is a touristy restaurant that is in the middle of nowhere. In the 2 times that we ate there on 2 visits to Besakih, there were no locals eating, an indication already of the place. The buffet food was lousy but edible except perhaps for the noodles and the fried bananas. Even the coffee tasted like mud! There was no other option for a lunch stop in the area so we again went to this place even as we already knew what to expect.

To top it all, when I tried to give my credit card to pay for our group, I was told by the waitress that they don't accept credit cards. So I offered to pay in US dollars. She quoted me a rate which our driver found disadvantageous so he talked to the manager. The manager agreed to take my credit card but added a 3% surcharge. Oh well, the price to pay for not bringing enough local currency. Next time around, we should just pack lunch.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Birmingham
“Stunning view-a large bat and average food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

This is a tourist restaurant in the middle of nowhere on the Besakih temple route.
Out side the front is a massive fruit bat! The food is a Buffett affair and not very good but satay noodles rice and vegetables are edible and with some sambal is ok.The banana fritters are quite good actually.
The cost is 70,000 rupiahs about £6 so no great expense.
What makes the place is the view which is simply stunning.

Visited April 2013