“Good Stay, Full Service Kitchen...” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Towson University Marriott Conference Hotel

You added Towson University Marriott Conference Hotel to your Saves list
Towson University Marriott Conference Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   10 West Burke Avenue, Towson, MD 21204 (Formerly Burkshire Marriott Conference Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Stay for Breakfast!
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Towson
Somewhere in VA
“Good Stay, Full Service Kitchen...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

This hotel was a pleasant surprise; Stayed here for 3 days and felt like I was in my own home. The 1 bedroom executive suite is very spacious with a full kitchen, washer & dryer and nice size bathroom; the added bonus is the balcony off the living room. The only issue I had was that there are no cameras in the parking garage, which had me a bit uneasy, although it's in a decent neighborhood and free parking. The breakfast isn't impressive at all, don't think it's worth the $13 it's the same FREE breakfast you get at Residence Inns'. Also, there's no swimming/jacuzzi at this location, but there is a small exercise room. We didn't visit the restaurant/bar on the Lobby level, so I can't speak on that. The staff was great, called to see if we needed anything and housekeeping called to see if we needed service because our private sign was on, and Mr. Arthur the engineer guy was awesome in helping with the TV minor issue.

Other than the above things, I will visit again because it's only 8 minutes from my great friends, close to Towson Town Center and the Starbucks is right next door.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

What a pleasant surprise to find a suite with full kitchen, dining area, and two bedrooms! Dining room served good food, especially the Crab Cakes. The concierge lounge was being refurbished, so all amenities and breakfast were in the dining area. Parking was free as well. A short drive to St. Joseph's Hospital and great shopping in Towson (Nordstrom's, Macy's, and many others including The Fresh Market. The business center was only an alcove off of the main lobby, however.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Pennsville, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

Great Hotel, stayed there for college visit, right across street, good location, 20 minutes from Inner Harbor(Right on York Ave-Northern Park-Rt 83), 5 minutes to 4 story mall (Left on York)
The room was spacious on 11th floor, has microwave, refridgerator, washer/dryer, one bedroom suite, seperate from living room. Our room had a balcony facing the college, beautiful view. Hotel staff very friendly, nice. We ate at the breakfast buffet (expensive $14.00), everything was fresh, good, bacon, 2 kinds of sausage, potatoes, eggs, all cold stuff, I thought it was worth it

Room Tip: I liked the college side for the view
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Oklahoma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I had a disappointing stay at the the Towson Marriott. I stayed here two years ago and really loved it, I am afraid some of the service at this hotel is not up to par.

First of all the description online says all rooms have oven/stove top and washer/dryer. Mine had neither. When I stayed here two years ago I was pleasantly surprised by the kitchen and w/d and I brought food to cook, wasn't able to use it. I only had a microwave and a toaster.

My room came with a free breakfast, no one told me at check in, so I was not aware of my free breakfast. To be honest, I made the reservations a month ago and have stayed other places since and forget what each reservation specifies.

The real problem at this hotel came with the housekeeping staff. Our room had no coffee mugs, we stopped and asked at the front desk on the way up if we could get some. They assured us they would bring some up. When the staff member came to the room, they brought two rolls of toilet paper. My teenager was in the room at the time, she kindly told the women, we wanted mugs not paper towels. The woman left and brought back coffee packets, my daughter explained not coffee mugs, as you can imagine there was a language barrier. We still have no mugs. My daughter did not accept the coffee, but the housekeeper would not leave. She insisted my daughter sign something. My daughter kept asking what she need her to sign and the woman kept saying in broken english, "Sign right here". My daughter said "I know WHERE you want me to sign, but what do you want me sign for?" They were getting nowhere and my daughter said the housekeeper was not going to take no for an answer and she had one foot the door. She signed, the woman left and we still had no mugs. I returned to the room around 4:30 and inquired why the room had not been cleaned, my daughter said she was surprised they had not been there yet. I asked if she got the mugs, that is when I heard about the paper towels, coffee and signing. I was concerned and called down the the front desk to inquire about what in the world they asked my daughter to sign and let them know we still did NOT have mugs. Apparently they told me that my daughter signed to refuse room servicing. I was so livid, the woman totally coerced my daughter to sign that so she could have fewer rooms to clean, that is not what I expect from a full service Marriott. This was like NO service. When I called down to talk to the housekeeping manager they sent people up right away to clean our room and bring the mugs but I felt like she should have been a little more apologetic of how the maid treated my daughter.

The rooms and the location of this hotel is wonderful, because of the location I will stay here again. Don't expect much from the staff and you won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: If you want a room with an oven/stove or washer/dryer make sure to specify. Our room was well appoi...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

This hotel lobby and common space has been recently renovated and is awesome - very warm, cozy and appealing. Love the new little tuck shop they put in. The breakfast in the restaurant was only so-so (pancakes hard around edges) but for a buffet at only $13.95 it was adequate - I did love the oatmeal and fresh fruit. The suite I was given was very spacious and clean. There were a few minor maintenance issues that needed addressed but I did not report them while staying as they weren't that big a deal - gave a list upon checkout so they could repair before the next guest comes in. Great hot water.

Room Tip: ask for a room on the backside of the hotel, not the street side as it can be a bit noisy.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Nyack, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Visited with my daughter for one night. Hotel is a little dated, but clean and the lounge area was clean. Got it on hotwire for discounted price and it was worth what we paid. Very convenient location and if you have nothing else to do it has a wlkway to a high end mall.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

We loved this hotel. Really can't believe there are 12 terrible reviews. You can't beat the location- right on the edge of Towson University campus and walking distance to many nice places to eat in town.
The hotel is stunning. Modern. The one BR suites are small apartments with a full kitchen and washer/dryer. Balcony with a view of campus. Comfortable king size bed. My only criticism is the cheap compact hair dryer that sucked my hair in.
The front desk people were friendly and helpful. Free underground parking. Highly recommend!

• Stayed November 2012

Been to Towson University Marriott Conference Hotel? Share your experiences!