“Towson Marriott College Visit” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Towson University Marriott Conference Hotel

You added Towson University Marriott Conference Hotel to your Saves list
Towson University Marriott Conference Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   10 West Burke Avenue, Towson, MD 21204 (Formerly Burkshire Marriott Conference Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Long Term Stay Rates
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Towson
Pennsville, New Jersey
“Towson Marriott College Visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

Great Hotel, stayed there for college visit, right across street, good location, 20 minutes from Inner Harbor(Right on York Ave-Northern Park-Rt 83), 5 minutes to 4 story mall (Left on York)
The room was spacious on 11th floor, has microwave, refridgerator, washer/dryer, one bedroom suite, seperate from living room. Our room had a balcony facing the college, beautiful view. Hotel staff very friendly, nice. We ate at the breakfast buffet (expensive $14.00), everything was fresh, good, bacon, 2 kinds of sausage, potatoes, eggs, all cold stuff, I thought it was worth it

Room Tip: I liked the college side for the view
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Oklahoma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I had a disappointing stay at the the Towson Marriott. I stayed here two years ago and really loved it, I am afraid some of the service at this hotel is not up to par.

First of all the description online says all rooms have oven/stove top and washer/dryer. Mine had neither. When I stayed here two years ago I was pleasantly surprised by the kitchen and w/d and I brought food to cook, wasn't able to use it. I only had a microwave and a toaster.

My room came with a free breakfast, no one told me at check in, so I was not aware of my free breakfast. To be honest, I made the reservations a month ago and have stayed other places since and forget what each reservation specifies.

The real problem at this hotel came with the housekeeping staff. Our room had no coffee mugs, we stopped and asked at the front desk on the way up if we could get some. They assured us they would bring some up. When the staff member came to the room, they brought two rolls of toilet paper. My teenager was in the room at the time, she kindly told the women, we wanted mugs not paper towels. The woman left and brought back coffee packets, my daughter explained not coffee mugs, as you can imagine there was a language barrier. We still have no mugs. My daughter did not accept the coffee, but the housekeeper would not leave. She insisted my daughter sign something. My daughter kept asking what she need her to sign and the woman kept saying in broken english, "Sign right here". My daughter said "I know WHERE you want me to sign, but what do you want me sign for?" They were getting nowhere and my daughter said the housekeeper was not going to take no for an answer and she had one foot the door. She signed, the woman left and we still had no mugs. I returned to the room around 4:30 and inquired why the room had not been cleaned, my daughter said she was surprised they had not been there yet. I asked if she got the mugs, that is when I heard about the paper towels, coffee and signing. I was concerned and called down the the front desk to inquire about what in the world they asked my daughter to sign and let them know we still did NOT have mugs. Apparently they told me that my daughter signed to refuse room servicing. I was so livid, the woman totally coerced my daughter to sign that so she could have fewer rooms to clean, that is not what I expect from a full service Marriott. This was like NO service. When I called down to talk to the housekeeping manager they sent people up right away to clean our room and bring the mugs but I felt like she should have been a little more apologetic of how the maid treated my daughter.

The rooms and the location of this hotel is wonderful, because of the location I will stay here again. Don't expect much from the staff and you won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: If you want a room with an oven/stove or washer/dryer make sure to specify. Our room was well appoi...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

This hotel lobby and common space has been recently renovated and is awesome - very warm, cozy and appealing. Love the new little tuck shop they put in. The breakfast in the restaurant was only so-so (pancakes hard around edges) but for a buffet at only $13.95 it was adequate - I did love the oatmeal and fresh fruit. The suite I was given was very spacious and clean. There were a few minor maintenance issues that needed addressed but I did not report them while staying as they weren't that big a deal - gave a list upon checkout so they could repair before the next guest comes in. Great hot water.

Room Tip: ask for a room on the backside of the hotel, not the street side as it can be a bit noisy.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Nyack, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Visited with my daughter for one night. Hotel is a little dated, but clean and the lounge area was clean. Got it on hotwire for discounted price and it was worth what we paid. Very convenient location and if you have nothing else to do it has a wlkway to a high end mall.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

We loved this hotel. Really can't believe there are 12 terrible reviews. You can't beat the location- right on the edge of Towson University campus and walking distance to many nice places to eat in town.
The hotel is stunning. Modern. The one BR suites are small apartments with a full kitchen and washer/dryer. Balcony with a view of campus. Comfortable king size bed. My only criticism is the cheap compact hair dryer that sucked my hair in.
The front desk people were friendly and helpful. Free underground parking. Highly recommend!

• Stayed November 2012
PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

I stayed here using a government rate on a Sunday night at the beginning of a business trip to the DC area. This was an enjoyable stay and the staff were all excellent.

I was assigned a one bedroom executive suite on the third floor next to the elevator and ice machine, a location that I usually try to avoid. Fortunately, the living areas of the suite were far enough away that I wasn't disturbed by any noises (only by exterior noises the following morning). The suite layout was larger than the Marriott Suites properties that I've stayed in. It was similar to Residence Inns that I've visited in older converted apartment buildings, however the decor and furniture were standard for full-service Marriotts, including the awesome bed and bedding. The kitchen was larger than for a typical Residence Inn, but not as well-equipped, for example, there was a small under-counter refrigerator with no freezer compartment. The bathroom had a large stall shower and no tub, and there was no way to pre-adjust the shower water temperature without getting wet.

The hotel was fairly empty. This was the Sunday after Hurricane Sandy and some of the guests appeared to have been displaced from their homes. There was a concierge lounge on the 16th floor. The lounge hours were not available in my suite, so I guessed that 5:30 was the opening time and went up at about 5:35. I found one other guest outside in the hallway. The lights were out, but our keycards allowed admittance. It was unclear if the lounge was open or closed. A small selection of cold drinks and chips was available and we turned on a couple of lamps but could not find the main light switch. The other guest took some chips and left. I explored the room for a few minutes, then went out into the hallway and encountered the lounge attendant wheeling in the cart of fresh food items. The items were of high quality, with a very limited selection of one hot item and one cold, then cookies at 7:30. No other guests were in the lounge during any of my three visits. The lounge offerings were not sufficient to consitute dinner, so I drove to a local grocery store to pick up a salad. The hotel is located in a downtown shopping area and there were a number of restaurants within half a mile.

My room rate included free breakfast. First I checked out the concierge lounge breakfast and found it to be appealing but limited. I went downstairs to the breakfast room and found the buffet. There were no other guests and only one arrived later. The omelet station was not staffed due to the lack of customers, but the waitress cheerfully offered to take my order back to the chef in the kitchen.

The entrance to the parking lot and exit to the street from the parking lot were somewhat tricky to find. The complimentary two-story indoor parking lot is beneath the hotel and the elevators allow direct access to guest floors from the parking lot. Although it appeared that a key card was needed to access the elevators from the garage late at night, I questioned the security of this arrangement (women traveling alone need to be cautious).

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Mullica Hill, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Was staying at this hotel for 2 nights. The first night we stayed in a 2 bedroom suite. The room was ok would have liked to have known the 2nd bedroom was a full bed not a queen . Would have also liked to have some information on dinning and if the Hotel had breakfast and the times the operated..
The next day the hotel was booked and we were put in a 1 bedroom with a pull out couch.
When we returned to the hotel at about 11PM we could not find any parking anywhere so we went to the front desk and asked where we were suppose to park our answer was "you can go across the street and park at the college because that was what the bridge was built for. Sorry I nor my daughter felt safe leaving our car or walking buy ourselves from Towson University to the hotel. When I told him no way he went back inside spoke to (security) a nice man came out and said to go to the garage and he would get me a spot. Well come to find out the employees park there cars in the garage. We also inquired about a VW Beetle which looks like it has a permanet spot (it was so dusty and people had written on it )next to the door in the garage come to find out
that is the managers car and when I mentioned it the employees laughed. Funny I thought Guest were there priority. I would think you would have you employees park across the street not your guest. Then we go up to the room to find our sheets were dirty, had holes in them the ones for the pull out couch were wet there were brown stains all over the mattress cover ,the pillows were dirty and the mattress looked dirty. The glasses were black and dirty in the bathroom so we called the service desk asked for some clean sheets . The girl was pleasant said they would be right up well 45 minutes have passed it is now 1:00AM very fustrated. My daughter used her Rewards points and paid a extra $100.00 for the room I would not recomend anyone staying there.

Room Tip: have nothing good to say
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to Towson University Marriott Conference Hotel? Share your experiences!