I had a disappointing stay at the the Towson Marriott. I stayed here two years ago and really loved it, I am afraid some of the service at this hotel is not up to par.
First of all the description online says all rooms have oven/stove top and washer/dryer. Mine had neither. When I stayed here two years ago I was pleasantly surprised by the kitchen and w/d and I brought food to cook, wasn't able to use it. I only had a microwave and a toaster.
My room came with a free breakfast, no one told me at check in, so I was not aware of my free breakfast. To be honest, I made the reservations a month ago and have stayed other places since and forget what each reservation specifies.
The real problem at this hotel came with the housekeeping staff. Our room had no coffee mugs, we stopped and asked at the front desk on the way up if we could get some. They assured us they would bring some up. When the staff member came to the room, they brought two rolls of toilet paper. My teenager was in the room at the time, she kindly told the women, we wanted mugs not paper towels. The woman left and brought back coffee packets, my daughter explained not coffee mugs, as you can imagine there was a language barrier. We still have no mugs. My daughter did not accept the coffee, but the housekeeper would not leave. She insisted my daughter sign something. My daughter kept asking what she need her to sign and the woman kept saying in broken english, "Sign right here". My daughter said "I know WHERE you want me to sign, but what do you want me sign for?" They were getting nowhere and my daughter said the housekeeper was not going to take no for an answer and she had one foot the door. She signed, the woman left and we still had no mugs. I returned to the room around 4:30 and inquired why the room had not been cleaned, my daughter said she was surprised they had not been there yet. I asked if she got the mugs, that is when I heard about the paper towels, coffee and signing. I was concerned and called down the the front desk to inquire about what in the world they asked my daughter to sign and let them know we still did NOT have mugs. Apparently they told me that my daughter signed to refuse room servicing. I was so livid, the woman totally coerced my daughter to sign that so she could have fewer rooms to clean, that is not what I expect from a full service Marriott. This was like NO service. When I called down to talk to the housekeeping manager they sent people up right away to clean our room and bring the mugs but I felt like she should have been a little more apologetic of how the maid treated my daughter.
The rooms and the location of this hotel is wonderful, because of the location I will stay here again. Don't expect much from the staff and you won't be disappointed.
- Also Known As:
- Towson University Marriott Hotel Towson
- Towson University Marriott Hotel
- Marriott Conference Center Towson
- Towson Marriott
- Marriott Towson
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This hotel is known as the best kept secret in Baltimore, MD. Conveniently located near downtown Baltimore, it is the perfect location for weekend getaways and business travel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Tingo and Venere so you can book your Towson University Marriott Conference Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.