“Decent For Price” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Towson

You added Days Inn Towson to your Saves list
Days Inn Towson
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8712 Loch Raven Boulevard, Exit 29B off of I-695, Towson, MD 21286 (Formerly Ramada Inn Towson)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Towson
Houston, Texas
“Decent For Price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2011

My experience was by far, extremely less horrible than previous reviewers. If you stay here you are paying less than $60/night and shouldn't expect the Four Seasons accomodations. For what we paid, I'd say we got fair accomodations. I traveled with my husband and I two small children(2yo & 10mos). We had a two double beds. The room was clean and had no bad smells. I checked the beds and furniture before we settled in and found no bugs. Also the beds were comfortable. The bathroom is tiny but clean and the hot water worked fine. The tub was clean and big enough to give my babies a bath in. There was a refridgerator and microwave and expanded cable. Housekeeping came in everyday to vacuum, take the trash, bring fresh towels, and clean the tub, toilet, and sink. The continental breakfast was lacking, bagels, toast and packaged sweets and occasionally cold pancakes, but again, expected. The business center is nothing but a desktop computer setup in the lobby and there was no printer. That was disappointing. The front desk clerk was very helpful though. This hotel is is a good location. Our room was inside and it was very quiet. Even when I would stand outside the room to see if anyone was out there(I try to stay aware of my surroundings) it was always quiet. And there was always parking. I recommend this hotel to anyone who doesn't have high expections on a low budget. Well beyond the basic necessities; Cleanliness, safety, comfort. I don't know if the hotel is under new management now or what. If I had a bigger budget, I wouldn't have picked this hotel. But for the price, it was fair.

Room Tip: The rooms inside, further from the road are fairly quiet.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Williamsport, MD
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2011

The hotel is very dirty with stained, dirty carpets and stained bed linens, and generally in a very bad state of disrepair. This hotel should be reported to the health department. The hotel may be cheap, but don't risk staying here.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Boston, USA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2011

Earlier this week, I found myself without a vehicle in Towson after midnight needing a hotel room. Since the reviews make it clear that every other hotel in Towson has bedbugs, I chose the Ramada hoping it might be an exception.

Without bedbugs, the Ramada would be a decent choice. The front desk staff was courteous, sheets and towels were new and clean, there was no odor in the room, and appropriate toiletries were provided. Hot water, air conditioning, TV, and wireless internet all worked very well.

On the minus side the carpeting and bedspreads were well worn, the bathroom badly needed a paint job and regrouting, and the bathtub had not been cleaned well, no doubt because it barely drained.

All those would have been livable except that I woke up with three new itchy welts. Since I had slept under the covers, I would rule out mosquitoes. There were no visible signs of bedbugs on the bed (and believe me, I pulled off the sheets to check beforehand) but it seems like they're around somewhere.

This hotel needs to do a better job of pest control. Believe it or not, there are inexpensive hotels in Maryland where you won't get bitten by bedbugs-- but, apparently, not in Towson.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
GMRamadaTowson, Manager at Days Inn Towson, responded to this review, July 26, 2011
We regret that the reviewer did not have a satisfactory stay with us. Our endeavour is to always ensure that we try to meet our guest's expectations.

We appreciate the feed back from the guest about the issue but would appreciate more details about the stay so that we can take corrective action if required. Providing more details about the stay would really help the hotel with inspecting, identifying and treating the issue if it exists. We invite the reviewer to kindly get in touch with the hotel so that we can get additional details in this case.

Thank you for your feedback.
new jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2010

They phrase you get what you pay for applies here the rates are cheap but not worth it the rooms were dirty the mattress smelled like cigarette smoke. the grounds were dirty and the restaurant i wouldnt let a dog eat in there. it amazed me that a hotel can remain open in this condition.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
maine usa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2010

My sister and I stayed one night due to the close proximity of family we were visiting before heading to the beach in Delaware. The pool was clean and delightful , as the temperature was 100 degrees that week-end. The bathroom was smelly and had damp and stained ceiling tiles which were falling down. Sheets were clean but the walls were dirty and gross -looked like they hasn't been cleaned in a while. The common areas, hallways and outside areas were just plain dirty and not cared for. Dirty windows and just feeling of neglect . Even with the reasonable rate, I would not stay here again.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
Everywhere
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2010

We had a bad experience, but not as bad as some of the worse reviews here. The desk clerk was polite and the room was reasonably clean and comfortable. But the common areas were filthy. The area was obviously not secure based on the multiple "management is not responsible for theft or damage" signs as well as the metal screens on the vending machines. The pool had an attendant checking passes, which indicates they have a problem with outside people trying to swim there. We saw people climbing the trees around the pool to get at some kind of fruit. There was a weird sign at the pool warning people not to have breath-holding contests. Have to say that was the first such sign I have ever seen.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Tacoma, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2010

Unhealthy and unsafe...dirty bathrooms and beds. There was no kitchen in the hotel to have breakfast, poor and unkept enviroment ..
Not a place for anyone....

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family

Been to Days Inn Towson? Share your experiences!