“Not what it used to be” 3 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Plus Towson Baltimore North Hotel & Suites

You added BEST WESTERN Plus Towson Baltimore North Hotel & Suites to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Plus Towson Baltimore North Hotel & Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1100 Cromwell Bridge Road, Towson, MD 21286-2216   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
1,000 bonus reward points
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Towson
GreenLeadersSilver level
New Jersey
“Not what it used to be”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2009

Been using this place for years. The Hotel has gone down hill. It is not Holiday Inn quality. Our room had stink bugs. We removed them one by one, about 7 to 8 in all. Now, I can understand in winter bugs get in, but they kept coming. The housekeeping ignored the room totally one day. When asked for towels and refresh of supplies I would say they were cooperative and apologetic. The restaurant would close on a whim in the evening stating not enough staff. I did realize holiday time would be less hours and none on Christmas, but this was after the holiday and they would close before 7PM. They seemed to no longer have room service. The hotel guide said they had it but there was no menu in the room and the restaurant kept closing anyway. The bathroom had mold around cieling and walls. The place needs upgrade but I am thinking economy has hit this hotel hard. With all this there still were a few good staff members that made things a little better.The gentleman at the bar had free sandwiches for us on Christmas Eve night and the Morning vreakfast waitress /hostess is always a pleasure to see and speak to. She treats us like family. So all in all I would say it needs some improvement to bounce back.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Washington, DC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2009

We stayed for two nights, in town for a funeral. We had a large block of rooms. Everyone in our group agreed that the place was broken-down, in need of a MAJOR renovation. Floors were filthy; after checking in to our room, I almost stepped on a huge safety pin, and a tennis ball was next to my bed. Showers were mildewed and disgusting -- I went and bought a can of Lysol and hosed it down! The maids didn't even come on one of the days, and they didn't make the bed when they did come. My parents stayed for 4 nights, and had to call and ASK for maid service. The front desk responded as if that were a special request and an imposition! We ate breakfast in the restaurant, and it was woefully understaffed. One waitress was a real [--] and the other was nice, but she was doing all the work and was frustrated because so many customers were mad. Food was tasty but WAY overpriced. Avoid this sad place! We travel fairly regularly, and I am constantly amazed at how hotel managers lose business because they don't keep up with the quality of the housekeeping (or lack thereof).

• Stayed January 2009, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Towson hotels

Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2009

We reserved a room in advance because it was family weekend at our daughters college, paid too much for the room. I reserved a non-smoking room and one night was charged to my credit card in advance! Was not told about this. When we got there after 10 PM we went to our room and it was a smoking room, YUCK!! We were told there were no other rooms and they didn't give us a break on the price, just a bootle of orange spray!! why did I even reserve a non-smoking room in the first place!! Won't go back!!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
White Stone, VA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2009

I traveled on business. There was only one waiter in the hotel when I ate dinner on the evening of 09/15, and he seemed annoyed and bored. The desk clerk insisted that my instructional materials had not been received by the hotel, and she ate food while she looked for them. The next clerk found them without difficulty. My meeting room had a drip in the ceiling, which required a registrant to move to a dry chair. The restaurant closed at the last minute, which required everyone to leave the hotel for lunch. I left my DayPlanner in my room, and the desk clerk seemed disinterested in helping me find it, when I called several hours after checkout. The hotel seemed dark -- as if all light bulbs had been replaced with 30 watt lamps. This hotel does not measure up to Holiday Inn's usual high standards.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2009

Got this hotel on price line for 65.00 for an overnight after dropping teen at Goucher. Great price, clean, convienent...My only complaints are the air conditioner was too loud and the view out the window was a roof full of airconditioning units.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Roanoke
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2009

When you book with Priceline and Hotwire for Northern Baltimore County, It's either the Courtyard in Hunt Valley or the Cromwell Bridge Holiday Inn. Well, I've stayed here a lot and the property and staff are far below par. Dirty furniture, mold, mildew, unwashed bedspreads, lost faxes that were sent multiple times from the doctor (gee thanks for interfering with my health), staff tampers with luggage, no visible security, noisy. Don't expect too much from this place. It's in a good location for this part of the county, but that's it. Well, it's 1000 times better than the Ramada in Towson.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
Washington DC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2009

As I am writing this review I am still staying at this hotel......

First let me tell you what bothers me the most about this place......MY EXPENSIVE PERFUME WAS STOLEN!!!!! I left my perfume on the vanity sink in the bathroom on Monday morning, and while getting dressed on Tuesday morning I went to spray myself with my perfume and it wasn't there!!! I'm not crazy and I know where I left my perfume!
So I had to contact the housekeeping supervisor and the general manager. While both were seemed very helpful and apologetic, they told me an investigation had to be done and of course the young lady said she didn't take my perfume.......LIAR AND THIEF!!!

I had to call the police to file a report, and am still not sure how I will be compensated for the missing perfume.

They checked us into room 510 but immediately I smelled a moldy mildewy smell that I could not live with, so they moved us into room 508. Once I returned to the room on Monday evening I noticed the floor hadn't been vacuumed properly, we had four clean towels and only one washcloths, and the beds weren't made properly. I had to request a mattress pad be put on one of the double beds and request for more washcloths. The gentleman brought me the mattress pad and just handed it to me......my kids and I had to make up the bed!!!

I have been to many Holiday Inns and Holiday Inn Expresses, but this is the most dingy and run down one I've ever been to.......they really need to spend some money on rehabing this one or just blowing it up and building a new one!

Oh yea......the pool sucks too!!!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Towson
Sheraton Baltimore North Hotel
Radisson Hotel at Cross Keys
#23 of 61 in Baltimore
4.0 of 5 stars 304 reviews
Radisson Hotel North Baltimore

Been to BEST WESTERN Plus Towson Baltimore North Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!