“Unexpected Kindness” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Plus Towson Baltimore North Hotel & Suites

Save Saved
You added BEST WESTERN Plus Towson Baltimore North Hotel & Suites to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Plus Towson Baltimore North Hotel & Suites
GreenLeadersSilver level
Montclair, New Jersey
“Unexpected Kindness”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

I stayed here recently while making funeral arrangements for my brother.
I had expected to stay one night but had to rebook for two nights. I was able to accomplish all by 4pm of the second day and decided to checkout rather than stay the second night. I fully expected to be charged for the second night but the desk allowed the four extra hours despite the fact that I had showered after the room had been made up. The desk was not aware of why I was in town and I never asked for any leeway.

I appreciate such kindness which is rare these days with many businesses.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Kelsey F, Manager at BEST WESTERN Plus Towson Baltimore North Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 6 days ago
We are happy to have been of service to you in your time of need. We thank you and hope to see you again here at The Best Western Plus Towson

229 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

We needed a place for one night, as my dad was having eye surgery at Johns Hopkins. I booked this place, then read the reviews here on TA and was pretty scared by the time we checked in. I was expecting a dive, like the Howard Johnsons I once stayed at in Santee, where I couldnt decide if it was worse to sit on the filthy bed or let my feet touch the grotesque floor. But this place is just fine. Is it the Four Seasons? Of course not-- but for $100, it is clean, the sheets and towels aren't dingy, damp, or gross (I actually brought my own towels just in case). I dont smell anything musty or cleaning fluid-y. The front desk was very kind, allowing us to check in early at 1 pm so my dad could rest. Also, the TV was not working, and they came to replace it immediately. There was a little outdoor pool that I didnt try, but looked pleasant.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Kelsey F, Manager at BEST WESTERN Plus Towson Baltimore North Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 1 week ago
We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and we hope that you will come visit the Best Western Plus if ever you are in town again.
West Hartford, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed here for two nights.The rooms are large, the beds very comfortable and the room rate includes breakfast. Our only complaint is that we wish there were a few more healthy choices for breakfast, I.e. Boiled eggs, muesli, cut up fruit.

The staff is exceptionally well trained, very helpful and polite. Stephanie was extremely helpful in getting us information on how to get into Baltimore reasonably and Natasha was helpful in getting us checked our efficiently and accurately.

The hotel provides coffee/tea in the lobby free of charge 24 hrs a day and a large glass dispenser of lemonade to quench your thirst during the heat of the day, very thoughtful.

It is a good alternative to staying in downtown Baltimore and an excellent value. If you have a car, there is a light rail station within a 5 mile distance where you can park your car for free and ride into Baltimore for $3.50 for a day pass ($1.20 for senior citizens over 65) a great deal and it is only a 30 minute ride into town.

Hotel is a quick on/off from nearby Baltimore Beltway and parking is free. A short ride into Towson which is a college town with lots of restaurants and shops near the University.

Room Tip: We stayed on a high floor, it was very quiet even though we were in the front of the hotel.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay here at The Best Western Plus. We hope that you will visit with us again. Thank you
Pottstown, PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed a few days while he had a lacrosse tournament nearby. The location was great. The staff was friendly and helpful. Rooms were clean and on the large side with fridge and microwave. Bath was clean and amenities available. There was an odd, musty odor noticeable when you entered the room as the only negative.

Stayed July 2014
We are pleased you enjoyed your stay and we are always looking for feedback to improve our hotel. Thank you
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

CEILING LEAKS, POOR FRONT DEST CUSTOMER SERVICE.
Ceiling began to leak in the middle of the night hotel staff did not apologize and would not apply discount. Front desk receptionist was rude and manager was not much better.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Binghamton, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Not to be overly dramatic, but I had the worst experience at this hotel. First I'd like to note that staff are very courteous. Thanks staff.

Next: There is a nasty musty/old cigarette small that other reviewers had mentioned. It's not a myth, it's real. Also the sheets seem to be always damp. We'll just chalk it up to high humidity in the room. But it still feels gross.

Bring shampoo, conditioner, and body lotion because mine were either empty or the dispensers didn't work. VERY inconvenient mid shower. The bathroom in general smells nasty. Like old urine and mildew. I wore shoes every time I walked in there I was so grossed out. Hot water? I stayed during the summer but sometimes people like to have something more than a luke warm shower. There wasn't hot water, and the water looked dirty in the sink and toilet.

I killed a fly in my room during my first evening. That was a first, not a big deal though I guess.

Now I need to address the renovations. I'm all for renovating and updating the rooms. But SHUT THE FLOOR DOWN. Every time I leave my room or come back, I'm literally stepping over workers and their tools. From 8am-9pm. How awkward.

I hated this place so much.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
We do apologize for your unpleasant stay and we are always looking for feedback to improve so our guest stay satisfied.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We stay at BW fairly frequently. The facility looks good, the only person on the desk worked really hard getting several people registered, responding to phone call and kept a smile on her face. The room was clean and ready for us. The AC kept cycling, fortunately it was fairly quiet. The stopper in the bathroom sink was broken, so we just took it out. The shower control only let some of the water up into the shower head. Not big problems, seemed to be there for a while. The desk said they were aware. The staff were cheerful people and overcame some of these little problems with there smiles. Good price for two nights. BW should fix it up quickly.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
BridgetDely, Manager at BEST WESTERN Plus Towson Baltimore North Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you for staying here at the Best Western Plus Towson. we are always trying to improve and we hope you will see that when you come again.

Been to BEST WESTERN Plus Towson Baltimore North Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!