“Comfortable & accomodating” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Plus Towson Baltimore North Hotel & Suites

Save Saved
You added BEST WESTERN Plus Towson Baltimore North Hotel & Suites to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Plus Towson Baltimore North Hotel & Suites
GreenLeadersSilver level
Ledgewood, New Jersey
“Comfortable & accomodating”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

We stayed 2 nights for a local event at Towson University & found this hotel online not far from our destination. The front desk staff were friendly & helpful. We got in late & wanted to relax but when we got to our room, the TV signal wasn't working; we called the front desk & someone was there to help within minutes. The free breakfast was better than expected with choices of hot food & the Vietnamese restaurant for dinner was a nice surprise & very reasonably priced. The rooms were just remodeled & the bed was comfortable. When we realized that we forgot toothbrushes, we went to the desk looking for a local store they gave us toothbrushes with toothpaste at no charge. Nice hotel for a great price.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

225 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
BELLINGHAM
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

We were happy with this choice of hotels for a 2 nite visit to Baltimore. It is very convenient, right off the highway. The room was clean and comfortable, although a little dark due to old wallpaper. Bed was nice, bathroom had been remodeled - looked sharp.

We loved that the Pho restaurant was in the lobby, we were tired after watching a RedSox game in our room so just went downstairs and ate there - cheap and totally delicious!

Also, when we arrive we were starving and asked the staff where we could get a crab cake they sent us to Mo's which was really close and perfect.

The only issue is that the doors are loud when closed.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Wesley Chapel, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

I stayed at this hotel on three separate occasions over a three week period in October for business in downtown Towson. The first week I had a suite which was in satisfactory condition given the price I was paying. The second week was a single room which was not in satisfactory condition. The room décor was very dated, the carpet seemed to be very old and dirty, the bathroom was a bit of a mess, the inside of the microwave was brown from the heat, and the overall condition of the furniture was poor. The third week I had another single room and this one had obviously been updated. New carpet, furniture was in much better condition, the bathroom was in much better shape, and the fridge and microwave were new. If you plan on staying at this hotel I would ask to see if you can get an updated room. The hotel is very convenient to downtown Towson and about a 5-10 minuet trip depending on lights and traffic. The hotel is located in a residential area. Overall for the price I paid I was happy. You can find better accommodations but you are going to pay twice as much or have an hour plus commute on 695 from areas around Towson. Breakfast was poor. The eggs and bacon were cold most mornings even though I was there right at 6:00AM when they opened and the eggs were like eating a piece of sponge. No variation in "hot" menu each morning was just the same thing - scrambled powdered eggs and bacon. No cut up fruit. Despite all of this I would stay again if I am back in Towson based on price and convenience to downtown Towson.

Room Tip: Ask for an updated room facing back of hotel.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
BridgetDely, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Plus Towson Baltimore North Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. I understand your frustration about not having a consistent experience over the course of your three stays. We are currently in the process of upgrading the design and furniture of the guest rooms. I'm glad that you enjoyed the room that was obviously upgraded since this will be what all the rooms look like very soon. We look forward to seeing you in Towson again!
Winnipeg, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

We spent two nights in this hotel. Late in the evening we checked and staff at the front desk gave us a clean, spacious and comfortable room. For early departures, there is a complimentary breakfast which is adequate. In the spacious foyer, there are two computer terminals and printers with internet access.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Newtown, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

Based on my positive experience on my last visit to Towson (see my earlier review, April 2013), I stayed here again this time as well. The main difference on this visit was that this time my room showed a lot more wear. There were deep stains in the carpet and the upholstered chair, as well as gouges in the desk. It was clean, however, despite the room's worn, tattered appearance. I had asked for a room facing the rear to ensure quiet; however, none were available when I arrived early in the evening.

I did have one other disappointing experience, though I suspect it may be a more general BW+ issues based on my previous night's experience at another property. The "high speed" internet access was, by today's standards, quite slow (about 1.2 MBPS according to my tests). So slow, in fact, that I gave up trying to read my email and work online because web pages kept timing out before fully loading. Although my connection was wireless, I experienced the same problem with an Ethernet connection the previous night at the College Park BW+.

Overall, my stay was OK. Despite not meeting the expectations I had based on my last stay, given the price and convenience to the Baltimore Beltway, I will give it at least one more chance if I return to stay overnight in the area.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

I had a very good stay at this location. Its not the best area but Towson mall is only about 2 miles away which is a good place to visit while your here. My room wasn't to small and was clean. I ended up getting sick while I was here, I was so happy there was a Pho restaurant down stairs. When I wasn't sick I did manage to go to the bar down stairs and had a good time. The drinks weren't overly priced like most hotel bars. I do plan on coming back.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Leonardtown, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

Staff is always friendly. I have stayed here multiple times and it is SO QUIET and beds are very comfortable. I Love the pillows!!!! Exercise room needs a couple upgrades, but treadmill and stationary bike worked for me;) Mostly staying here for business I find it a great place to grab a simple breakfast before work and a good night's sleep. The food in the restaurant is also excellent!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Been to BEST WESTERN Plus Towson Baltimore North Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!